{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

videos: Salford game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

videos: Salford game

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:09 am

Nicky Maynard scores against Salford

brief highlights, produced by EFL
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: videos: Salford game

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:20 am

Cant wait to see the wider camera view of their first goal to see massive hesitation from Logan in coming out and smothering the ball from the Jervis heavy touch.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:19 am

Defending for second goal was as shocking as when seen live,how many chances do we need to clear our lines for heavens sake.
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby robbingdog » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:51 pm

Pearce looked to be at fault from where I was looking
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:52 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Cant wait to see the wider camera view of their first goal to see massive hesitation from Logan in coming out and smothering the ball from the Jervis heavy touch.

lol as if thats going to be broadcasted
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:58 pm

What wider camera view are you talking about?
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:05 pm

They want a camera angle that looks like conrad is at fault. I don't think you will find one. It's another poor piece of defending that Logan wasn't able to bail them out on this time. I know Pearce is "The Chief" but he's made the most mistakes this season.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:06 pm

gazza1988 wrote:They want a camera angle that looks like conrad is at fault. I don't think you will find one. It's another poor piece of defending that Logan wasn't able to bail them out on this time. I know Pearce is "The Chief" but he's made the most mistakes this season.

Clearly you've not read my posts and just assume i'm laying blame on logan :roll:
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:10 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:They want a camera angle that looks like conrad is at fault. I don't think you will find one. It's another poor piece of defending that Logan wasn't able to bail them out on this time. I know Pearce is "The Chief" but he's made the most mistakes this season.

Clearly you've not read my posts and just assume i'm laying blame on logan :roll:

It was captain cunno that requested the wider angle. By "they" I mean the people who automatically assume logan is to blame.

If logan hesitated it would be visible on all angles, surely?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:13 pm

Your'e wasting your time Jason....
People cant read and decipher constructive criticism in posts they just think your pelting your own players...

If I see a camera view of logans positioning on the goal and I'm wrong I'll admit it.....
Awaits pitchside camera view....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:20 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Your'e wasting your time Jason....
People cant read and decipher constructive criticism in posts they just think your pelting your own players...

If I see a camera view of logans positioning on the goal and I'm wrong I'll admit it.....
Awaits pitchside camera view....

Pitchside view will be in Dan's matchday moments video, don't know when he's working on that, and in my Club highlights for iFollow. Dan, by the way, is leaving us soon. He's got a move to the Championship, which is great for him, but his fantastic footage and videos will be missed by us. Some classic moments when he's got right into the celebrations for sensational footage.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:57 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:

It was captain cunno that requested the wider angle. By "they" I mean the people who automatically assume logan is to blame.

Its because he hesitated he wasn't on the camera footage....
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:09 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:

Perhaps the "hesitation" was just him expecting the best defence in league 2 18/19 to deal with it. Even watching it back I still don't get why the defence didn't deal with it. Yet there's little mention of that just how logan didn't do enough to save it. If logan hesitated then the defence were just oblivious to it, which is more unacceptable?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:32 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:

Perhaps the "hesitation" was just him expecting the best defence in league 2 18/19 to deal with it. Even watching it back I still don't get why the defence didn't deal with it. Yet there's little mention of that just how logan didn't do enough to save it. If logan hesitated then the defence were just oblivious to it, which is more unacceptable?

I'm not defending Gordon or Pearce - not in the slightest which I have said on other threads. Logan has eyes - there was nothing in front of him lol. The touch by the Striker was horrific. Maybe its because he's given away of a few penos in that sort of scenario, I don't know.... But the fact remains, he could have done much more to make that harder.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:53 pm

Definitely NOT Logan’s fault for either goal.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:58 pm

I’m not Logan’s biggest fan but he did quite well last night, especially his distribution with his feet. He’s improved recently and yes he did hesitate for the goal, but that chance should have been dealt with better by the defence imo.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:25 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:09 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:I’m not Logan’s biggest fan but he did quite well last night, especially his distribution with his feet. He’s improved recently and yes he did hesitate for the goal, but that chance should have been dealt with better by the defence imo.

agree, he has been much improved.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:09 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

Great little clip Martin. Congratulations to you and the team.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:16 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Great little clip Martin. Congratulations to you and the team.

thanks on behalf of the team. As I noted above, the matchday moments videos are superbly filmed and edited by Dan.
I edit the goal videos and club highlights using main camera and pitchside footage.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:36 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby ladybr00kjohn » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:01 am

Well JR, Dempster is cheaper option but are you waiting for him to destroy Mansfield Town.
Bobby should be in for Logan CJ should be playing on left in front of Benning instead of Khan.
I know Gordan likes to come forward but he seems to forget he is a full-back. Many things are not right!
ladybr00kjohn
Youth Team
Youth Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum