{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Beaten by a conference north team

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Beaten by a conference north team

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:50 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
nick_stags wrote:No way can you critisise Logan for the goal.

wow went straight through him 100% blame him

The ball was curled around Logan who was well positioned and went in of the inside of the post a good finish by Jervis. Pearce was woeful tonight his worse game for Stags by a mile and at fault for both goals not Logan

Well positioned lol.. watch it back

I’m with you on this, I said at the time I thought Logan was slow off his line, not saying it would make a difference but he definitely made it easier for their lad to find the angle
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:52 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

The ball was curled around Logan who was well positioned and went in of the inside of the post a good finish by Jervis. Pearce was woeful tonight his worse game for Stags by a mile and at fault for both goals not Logan

I dont need to watch it back i watched it live and was right behind it Logan could do no more than he did he was at fault it was the shambolic defense again
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:53 pm

Logan has been bailing the defence out all season, none more so than Pearce. The problem Logan has is if Pearce messes up he's got Logan behind him. Logan has nobody. I thought he did all he could to block the shot. Unfortunatley it didn't happen and they got a goal off the post. Just to be clear that shot shouldn't have been "on" in the first place.

Why can't it just be a good finish by Jervis? But no, Pearce messes up again and so it must be Logan's fault for not stopping a 1 on 1 shot. How many 1 on 1s has he svaed before?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby groundhoppingstag » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:56 pm

Nottsstag100 wrote:Pearce had an absolute shocker, anyone who blames logan is a serial moaner who has nothing better to do but g :geek: e onto the back of one of the only players who didn’t play that badly. Of course logan was the last person for the ball to go past, however Pearce failed to clear the ball on the two occasions causing the two easy shots to be taken. He should entirely take the blame. Gordon played excellently for the majority of the game along with a great performance from shaughnessy.

Despite this team had a lacklustre performance when in front of goal with somewhat timid shots from the whole team

Lets hope we can beat a Walsall team who are performing as badly as we are!!!

:coys:

100% Agree
Logan not at fault
Pearce worst game in a Stags Shirt
Shaughnessy MOM by a country mile.
groundhoppingstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:00 pm

Cant wait for the replay... im saying YET AGAIN hes hesitated and made the chance easier for the forward.

Im not suggesting he should have saved it, but hes no confident in coming off his line.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:01 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

I doubt many keepers would've stopped it.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:01 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Cant wait for the replay... im saying YET AGAIN hes hesitated and made the chance easier for the forward.

Im not suggesting he should have saved it, but hes no confident in coming off his line.

agree 100%
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:05 pm

Kenwood wrote:
Jamie wrote:Pearce lost his man. Logan wasnt at fault.

I thought we played quite well tonight apart from a few key moments where we switched off and they punished us. That said our final ball / crossing is woeful.

Tick tock JD.

Pearce at fault for both goals didn’t win the header for the first and then failed to clear the second when had the chance up the line turned inside and eventually gave it away

Slow tippy tappy football easy to defend

Spot on, Pearce was at fault for both goals.

Bring Futcher back, he can organise a defence. Sadly no one in our management team can.

Salford were the better team.

Their finishing was sharper, their defending much tighter. They were happy to let us have the greater possession as all we could manage was pass it along the back. There was very little movement in the final third (where it counts).

Yet again very little encouragement from the sidelines. I always found SE and JR antics an embarrassment, but at least they showed passion which lifted the players performance.

JD and LG appear to very quiet on the sidelines and I think that leads to our lacklustre performance ( apart from the last 10 minutes when it is too late ).
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:24 pm

We have turned the corner and then done a u turn
Its MTFC all over.. 2 steps forward always a few back, looks like an average season win a few ,draw a few and lose a few

Players not quite right this season I don't blame JD and think players must take some of the heat for this one.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:32 pm

The football is like the manager. Dull,dour and downright poor.
When are the owners going to realise that this manager is taking them back to square one, the National League, and admit that this was the wrong appointment, from the first minute it was made.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Bradders » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:25 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

I doubt many keepers would've stopped it.

I was in the perfect position to see the line, of the shot and it was simply an excellent finish by Jervis. The ball was sent wide of Logan and curled back in, on to the inside of the post. Millimetre precision.
But quite a few people appear to have been watching a different match.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby JLStag » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:41 pm

Well positioned lol.. watch it back[/quote]
I doubt many keepers would've stopped it.[/quote]
I was in the perfect position to see the line, of the shot and it was simply an excellent finish by Jervis. The ball was sent wide of Logan and curled back in, on to the inside of the post. Millimetre precision.
But quite a few people appear to have been watching a different match.[/quote]

I despair of some people honestly. Clearly never played a game in their life let alone a game in net if they're blaming Logan for that goal. Surprised he's not getting stick for the 24 chances we missed as well...
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:47 pm

You cannot see it on the replay but when he comes out he pauses, and not just momentarily!!!!!!! That touch from the forward was shocking - he should have been yards closer to the ball, more or less on top of it and there shouldn't have been an angle to shoot at, bar through his legs. You're in denial if you cannot see it.

AGAIN i'm not saying he should have saved it. It was a good finish, but he's made that chance easier due to hesitation.

It's also blatently obvious sweeney wasnt getting across to make the challenge
Last edited by PEAR CIDER on Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby JLStag » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:50 pm

Chander Lear wrote:You cannot see it on the replay but when he comes out he pauses, and not just momentarily!!!!!!! That touch from the forward was shocking - he should have been yards closer to the ball, more or less on top of it and there shouldn't have been an angle to shoot at, bar through his legs. You're in denial if you cannot see it.

AGAIN i'm not saying he should have saved it. It was a good finish, but he's made that chance easier due to hesitation.

No - what made it easier was our right back being massively out of position
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:09 pm

Makes no difference where the RB or CB were...
Logan had a great starting position and could have snuffed it out after Jervis heavy touch ,but he hesitated like he always does and back tracked allowing Jervis to supply a cracking finish...

That's my opinion JL like it or lump it fella...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby JLStag » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:19 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Makes no difference where the RB or CB were...
Logan had a great starting position and could have snuffed it out after Jervis heavy touch ,but he hesitated like he always does and back tracked allowing Jervis to supply a cracking finish...

Of course it matters where the RB & CB are. Generally speaking it's much harder to score when there's more than a goalkeeper in front of him, that's why you have 10 other blokes on a pitch but that's just my silly old opinion
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby lifestags » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:24 pm

I think Gordon can take some responsibility for the 1st goal too, he was way out of position after Pearce lost his header.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:28 pm

lifestags wrote:I think Gordon can take some responsibility for the 1st goal too, he was way out of position after Pearce lost his header.

Pearce lost out in his header way too easily.

Then on the ifollow a fan texted in saying that’s why we shouldn’t play 3 at the back and we should play 4-4-2. Thankfully Martin and dean corrected the fans misconception.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:00 pm

Very disrespectful thread title. I thought Salford were well organised and battled well. We fluffed our lines. Maybe we’re the conference north side!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:06 pm

JLStag wrote:

Of course it matters where the RB & CB are. Generally speaking it's much harder to score when there's more than a goalkeeper in front of him, that's why you have 10 other blokes on a pitch but that's just my silly old opinion

bud you'll just have to excuse the others as they're too busy grinding their axes. they never said owt when bob let in a proper soft one against crewe's youth team
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:15 pm

:lol: I think I've read it all now.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:22 am

Spiritater wrote:
JLStag wrote:

bud you'll just have to excuse the others as they're too busy grinding their axes. they never said owt when bob let in a proper soft one against crewe's youth team

No axe to grind tater... you'll look through my post history you'll not find one post of mine calling logan. Only this and the salford highligts. Even through his bed spell.

As a goalkeeper in my youth i take special interest in that position. I was critical for the reason thats been mentioned a few times. Thats it...
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:40 am

I thought Salford were dreadful but to be fair to them clinical and took the goals well.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:16 am

Sedgwick wrote:Said it in the other thread. JD didn't fully address this squads problems.

Midfield not good enough. Be brave and recognise Players like Bish and Macca aren't good enough for a top three or league one side, get rid and freshen it up.
Defence, No competition for places, they are so slack its unreal.
Get a Proper Keeper, Stone isn't offering any Real competition for Logan and what if Bobby cant get back to his best?

Sack Dempster
Bring in a manager that can at least get the best out of this lot
Address midfield and defence in jan
Try and salvage something from the season.

History is relating its self, its just like when Evans came in.

Don't forget change fans for Oldhams.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby sunray » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:47 am

Why put all the responsiblity on the defence, our strikers should have had us out of sight in the first half. How often did we have two strikers in the area when the ball was put through.

Not a fan of JD but he is getting better. Unfortunately he doesn't sub early enough in games. Can't see players having a off game and make a positive decision before 10 minutes from the end. Reminds me of Billy D.

Accept he's here for the season unless we drop to the bottom which doesn't look likely.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum