{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Salford scorefred sponsered by work in progress

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Salford scorefred sponsered by work in progress

Postby DogsDoDahs » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:07 am

Rob wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:
Rob wrote:
Beano wrote:You can scream the same anti fan nonsense as much as you like, but the fact is, the fans didn’t sack DF

Neither did they employ JD

Make a few more spelling/grammatical errors and Lomas will start to worry about his job ;)

Well that added to the debate didn't it :lol: I am not sure how I am anti fan, I am anti-stupid fan, most fans did not want DF sacked, there were no protests, no DF out chants but the voices of idiots clearly had some sort of influence on JR. Dead easy to criticise those with a view Beano, so how about your view, were we right to sack DF? Should we now sack JD? Should we change manager every few months unless we achieve instant success? Did the changing manager policy work well for Notts Co and Chesterfield?

I think our owner has done an unbelievable job at MTFC and have supported him at every corner, but he was wrong to sack DF. I will repeat again, DF took us to our highest league position in 15 years - in 15 years, I say again, in 15 years. Yes, 15 years, how many years, FIFTEEN.

Pity he didnt manage FIFTEEN points from his last 8 games in charge against bang average opponents then isnt it but regularly playing one striker up front isolated was not his team selection was it, it must have forced on him by mistic meg

Would you take 4th now raspberry? I bet you would.

Its your raspberry opinions over and over and over and over again because you cant let it go. You have the brown stuff on your nose from having so far up the floppy backside you cant bring yourself to support JD properly. Call yourself a supporter shame on you
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:12 am

DogsDoDahs wrote:
Rob wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:
Rob wrote:
Beano wrote:You can scream the same anti fan nonsense as much as you like, but the fact is, the fans didn’t sack DF

Make a few more spelling/grammatical errors and Lomas will start to worry about his job ;)

Well that added to the debate didn't it :lol: I am not sure how I am anti fan, I am anti-stupid fan, most fans did not want DF sacked, there were no protests, no DF out chants but the voices of idiots clearly had some sort of influence on JR. Dead easy to criticise those with a view Beano, so how about your view, were we right to sack DF? Should we now sack JD? Should we change manager every few months unless we achieve instant success? Did the changing manager policy work well for Notts Co and Chesterfield?

I think our owner has done an unbelievable job at MTFC and have supported him at every corner, but he was wrong to sack DF. I will repeat again, DF took us to our highest league position in 15 years - in 15 years, I say again, in 15 years. Yes, 15 years, how many years, FIFTEEN.

Pity he didnt manage FIFTEEN points from his last 8 games in charge against bang average opponents then isnt it but regularly playing one striker up front isolated was not his team selection was it, it must have forced on him by mistic meg

Would you take 4th now raspberry? I bet you would.

Its your raspberry opinions over and over and over and over again because you cant let it go. You have the brown stuff on your nose from having so far up the floppy backside you cant bring yourself to support JD properly. Call yourself a supporter shame on you

I absolutely support JD and have never said otherwise, but it was the wrong decision to sack DF. So would you take 4th?
Last edited by Rob on Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:24 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Macca not done much. Doesn’t seem to be holding the width on the right.

Bang on with that one Sam. Macca had a poor game. He was deservedly substituted.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:58 am

The system is preventing my reply to robbrownnose but that is not my username. I am a big supporter of JD even though he is struggling at the moment i think he should be given more time. Not like that complete dick called floppy who could not get a promotion team over the line twice. He was a complete failure and rightly dismissed because what should have been first or second became FAILURE. Like it or not he is doing a brililant job at Bolton now they have won a game this year. more than we managed in his last games when it really mattered, So Rob FO
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:47 am

We know these players can perform well in league two. They proved it last season. Even the two strikers we brought into the squad this season, (Maynard and Cook), have done well in league two. So to my mind the problem lays with the management team and tactics.

Last night Salford were happy to let us have possession and content with us passing it from the back. In the last third ( where it counts ), we had little movement and the passing was sloppy. Our defence was woeful Pearce in particular. The second goal was Sunday league defending. We missed three good chances first half, two by Bishop and Maynard was also guilty.

What disappointed me most, was the seemingly lack of enthusiasm and guidance by the management duo on the touchline. Their apparent lack of spirit (I'm not asking for Steve Evan's like tantrum's but that at least that lifted the players), seems to generate a lacklustre, sloppy performance from most of the players.

There lies the biggest problem.

I think we need a managerment team who can lift the players to a standard of performance they are capable of.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:11 am

You’re wasting your breath youth, until the board sit up and take notice and take their head out the sand and admit this is the wrong appointment we will remain totally frustrated with the present management duo
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:48 am

Until you can guarantee a manager is available that Will improve us . Stick with it. I’m sure Mr Radford does not want to be paying our £100k every few months to pay somebodies contract up
.ie Cox,Murray,Flitcroft and now Dempster
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:57 am

daddycool wrote:Until you can guarantee a manager is available that Will improve us . Stick with it. I’m sure Mr Radford does not want to be paying our £100k every few months to pay somebodies contract up

A new manager would be hard pushed to go worse than 4 wins in 18 games, and only 2 wins in 11 home games (all comps)!

JD has been given everything on a plate. A good settled squad that he already had plenty of knowledge about, inherited the best defence in the league, he had the budget to sign 35 goals on paper up top, great facilities, pre-season trip abroad, a full transfer window ahead of him... all of this so he can hit the ground running. The points return and subsequent league position is nothing short of disgraceful regardless of injuries. He’s admitted himself he’s failed to get the best out of the players.

The life’s been sucked out of the crowd at Field Mill, fans are now expecting mediocrity after a lacklustre start and that’s what we’re getting. A third of the way through the season and We’re in a position where the seasons at risk of being over in a couple of weeks time if we don’t get our act together, it doesn’t stack up with Radford not once but twice reaffirming that our main objective is promotion this season. With that in mind it’s difficult to believe that JD is the man to take us forward.

Just to add, these comments are a summary as a whole of what has gone on so far, and not necessarily down to the result last night in a game we should have won.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:59 am

Who is the guaranteed manager that will take us forward ?
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:08 am

Crowd was alright for a Tuesday.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:15 am

It will soon be going backwards though.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:17 am

daddycool wrote:Who is the guaranteed manager that will take us forward ?

What a stupid question. You know there are no guarantees. I'm pretty sure we could find someone capable of bringing a better points haul that JD has been though.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:20 am

,Notts county thought the same . Keep swapping till you get a good one now we are about 10 places above them.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:22 am

I thought we played some decent football last night despite the result. We created enough chances to have won that game twice over however a couple of defensive errors cost us dearly.
Bishop in my opinion is no longer a 90 minutes player. He tries his damn hardest and breaks up some play but I’m sorry his legs can no longer keep up with the younger players these days .

There are plenty of goals in the team and once we stop making frequent defensive errors I think we can put a good run together.

I don’t think JD should be held responsible for each and every individual error and sometimes players have to themselves be held accountable for the mistakes they make.

It also seems that the calls for JD to go will never stop. He will never be the most animated manager ( Like Coleman of Accrington) but that doesn’t make him a poor manager . Gradually the performances have got better even if the results don’t always justify this .

I am too disappointed with how things have gone this season but I sense better things to come and personally I don’t think changing manager after manager is always the answer.

Keep the Faith ! Better things to Come from this squad .
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:31 am

BH_Stag wrote:
daddycool wrote:Until you can guarantee a manager is available that Will improve us . Stick with it. I’m sure Mr Radford does not want to be paying our £100k every few months to pay somebodies contract up

The life’s been sucked out of the crowd at Field Mill, fans are now expecting mediocrity after a lacklustre start and that’s what we’re getting. A third of the way through the season and We’re in a position where the seasons at risk of being over in a couple of weeks time if we don’t get our act together, it doesn’t stack up with Radford not once but twice reaffirming that our main objective is promotion this season. With that in mind it’s difficult to believe that JD is the man to take us forward.

Said exactly the same as this on the Tactics and Team thread. Their one hundred made more noise than us even if all they did was stand up and sit down !!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:47 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

Said exactly the same as this on the Tactics and Team thread. Their one hundred made more noise than us even if all they did was stand up and sit down !!

if we'd have scored a couple from the shed load of chances early doors you'd not heard a peep from em
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:53 am

Had a few of the chances gone in first half it might have been a 3 1 win.
Maynard is a very good player but if I am honest he is not clinical at the moment and a lot rested on Cook and Maynard this season and for various reasons which I get, they have in all honesty, been fairly good to average.

I am not sure about the management team if honest, I want them to do well and signs are they are improving it slowly and shouting and lambasting players from the touchline is not always the way forward but I think a bit more energy drive and passion is needed esp in League 2 which is a tough league although the bottom league.

Can't see us going up with present personnel...sorry ...and the corner we have turned seems to be re routing itself on the Sat Nav back to that straight bit of road where we were a month or so ago and not enough wins in essence esp at home.

Been watching Stags since 1969 and we rarely ever lost games at home.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:01 am

Very frustrating, Yes we were the better team but they were woeful, We have 0 creativity from CM-Bishop distribution last night was shocking. Macca panics on the ball. Gordon cant defend. Something needs to change because this season is boring.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:07 am

How has the defence descended into this?

2 goals a game, constant mistakes. The problem under dempster is the same things happen, nothing changes it’s groundhog day.

4000 home fans again last night how long have we got before they fall away?

Something needs to change like yesterday.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:18 am

MOTG wrote:I thought we played some decent football last night despite the result. We created enough chances to have won that game twice over however a couple of defensive errors cost us dearly.
Bishop in my opinion is no longer a 90 minutes player. He tries his damn hardest and breaks up some play but I’m sorry his legs can no longer keep up with the younger players these days .

There are plenty of goals in the team and once we stop making frequent defensive errors I think we can put a good run together.

I don’t think JD should be held responsible for each and every individual error and sometimes players have to themselves be held accountable for the mistakes they make.

It also seems that the calls for JD to go will never stop. He will never be the most animated manager ( Like Coleman of Accrington) but that doesn’t make him a poor manager . Gradually the performances have got better even if the results don’t always justify this .

I am too disappointed with how things have gone this season but I sense better things to come and personally I don’t think changing manager after manager is always the answer.

Keep the Faith ! Better things to Come from this squad .

I agree not all managers are animated. However, we need someone on the touchline to "gee them up a bit", the team compared to last season have no get up and go.

This team can be so much better than what they are showing at the moment.

I'm not one for sacking managers, but I don't think the management team have it in them to change things. If we stick with JD and LG I can't see us being better than a midtable side
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:52 am

Rob wrote:

I think our owner has done an unbelievable job at MTFC and have supported him at every corner, but he was wrong to sack DF. I will repeat again, DF took us to our highest league position in 15 years.

I’m confused, you stated that there were no DF out shouts, but then said “the voices of idiots” had some influence on JR. Please explain who you mean.

“Was JR right to sack DF”? The whole team failed IMO the players bottled it, and the manager failed to get them motivated/confident. I would have given him until this Christmas with specific targets, I would also have given the squad the same targets (they are equally to blame and even to date are letting JR and the fans down)

“Should we now sack JD”? The decision to employ JD as first team manager was an incredibly risky gamble, whoever influenced JR to take that gamble (not the stupid fans) should perhaps keep his opinions to himself in future ;) As for sacking him now, I think it’s pointless, we’re going to finish mid table and changing manager now won’t improve that (and the events down the A60 have demonstrated the risk of constant changes). Next season is a different matter, without a significant improvement I wouldn’t give him another season (neither would I extend the contracts of half of this squad).

“Should we change manager every few months” ? Clearly not, but we (JR) should maybe take more care in managerial appointments if he wants results on the field to match his obvious ambitions and investments.

“DF finished in our highest position for 15 years” correct, however he ultimately failed (twice) to get one of the best squads we have ever had over the line.

Twice as bad as Keith Curle :) ;)
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:17 am

we shuda got Dazz in,he's a fans favorite and one of our own, he's doing great work at wallsall... isn't he?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:31 am

adamstag wrote:How has the defence descended into this?

2 goals a game, constant mistakes. The problem under dempster is the same things happen, nothing changes it’s groundhog day.

You’ve got to question what on earth we do in training. Are Dempster and Glover really good coaches? Can they genuinely motivate these players and improve them? More importantly do the players believe that they can?

I keep hearing Dempsters supposedly great after what he did with the kids, but it’s a different kettle of fish for him now with a lot more pressure to actually win games. He said himself he was over complicating training early doors and sought advice of senior players, does he really know what he’s doing now? Other than Rose I wouldn’t say he’s got single player performing better than they did last season.

We don’t seem well drilled in any aspect of the game. The best defence in the league last season is now conceding for fun, we’ve only just started to play to our strikers strengths a bit more (and that went out the window for 60 minutes at FGR), and you’ve got players like CJ who thrived under the last 2 managers with the time and effort they put in to him now hugely underperforming. What do we actually work on because nothing has come to fruition.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:19 am

BH_Stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:How has the defence descended into this?

You’ve got to question what on earth we do in training. Are Dempster and Glover really good coaches? Can they genuinely motivate these players and improve them? More importantly do the players believe that they can?

I keep hearing Dempsters supposedly great after what he did with the kids, but it’s a different kettle of fish for him now with a lot more pressure to actually win games. He said himself he was over complicating training early doors and sought advice of senior players, does he really know what he’s doing now? Other than Rose I wouldn’t say he’s got single player performing better than they did last season.

We don’t seem well drilled in any aspect of the game. The best defence in the league last season is now conceding for fun, we’ve only just started to play to our strikers strengths a bit more (and that went out the window for 60 minutes at FGR), and you’ve got players like CJ who thrived under the last 2 managers with the time and effort they put in to him now hugely underperforming. What do we actually work on because nothing has come to fruition.

Good post. The narrative that Dempster is a good coach has now become highly questionable. We’ve got a good squad (maybe not quite as good we’ve previously believed, but still very solid) who collectively are playing nowhere near their peak. I’ve got to question whether the players themselves truly believe in Dempster. I’m sure for example his negative mindset regarding away games raised quite a few eyebrows in the dressing room.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:25 am

Spiritater wrote:

we shuda got Dazz in,he's a fans favorite and one of our own, he's doing great work at wallsall... isn't he?

Think he needs to get a side relegated first. TBF he has no money to spend at walsall
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum