{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Salford scorefred sponsered by work in progress

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Salford scorefred sponsered by work in progress

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:07 pm

He’s just not going to get us anywhere this season wake up smell the coffee and get rid of him
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:09 pm

stag324 wrote:
nick_stags wrote:
stag324 wrote:We just don’t have the desire to win a game.
Is that the players or the manager?
Unfortunately I think we are stuck with both till the end of the season, at keast

Ridiculous. Nothing to do with desire.

We had desire for about 10 mins in that game.
How can you say we had desire?

We have just lost to a poor Salford team.

You're talking rubbish mate. Just because we lost doesn't mean there wasn't desire to win the game
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:12 pm

Agree the desire was there. First half we harried and won the ball back a lot. We came out slow 2nd half and were punished. After their 2nd we dominated and should of got at least a point.

Salford were poor. It just shows how poor we are that we didn't take all 3 points tonight.

Time for a change.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Tawnystag » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:13 pm

Great performance tonight, everyone worked hard to get a result. Salford had 4 chances and took 2 of them - that was the difference. Thought the change was good and Dapo was quality when he came on.

Play like that every week and we will be up there.
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:15 pm

Tawnystag wrote:Great performance tonight, everyone worked hard to get a result. Salford had 4 chances and took 2 of them - that was the difference. Thought the change was good and Dapo was quality when he came on.

Flipping eck mate, how long you gonna say that for?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby 1966Stag » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:17 pm

Tawnystag wrote:Great performance tonight, everyone worked hard to get a result. Salford had 4 chances and took 2 of them - that was the difference. Thought the change was good and Dapo was quality when he came on.

Salford could defend and finish, we can't - that was the difference
1966Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:20 pm

Working in Sarfend this week. Toyed with the idea of going to Roots Hall, but opted to watch Stags on ifollow.

There 1-7 home spanking by Donkey Rovers made our result look good.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tawnystag » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:21 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Flipping eck mate, how long you gonna say that for?

Until it’s no longer fact?
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:21 pm

We can't defend balls across the floor in our 6 yard box...

We had a let off in the 1st half when the LINO flagged the lad offside but we didn't learn from it.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby NG17_stag » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:22 pm

adamstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
The One wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Shaughnessy Different class tonight, apart from him we got exactly what we deserved rubbish Dempster rubbish

He is OUT OF HIS DEPTH

sick of saying it Dave

jobs to big for him, how many bloody more John Radford ?

There’s got to be a point when enough is enough. But I don’t think he will.

Think we’ve got him for the season.

I think we’re at a point now where only 3 people in the whole of Mansfield want to stick with Dempster, and unfortunately those 3 people are Hymas, Carolyn and John.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:24 pm

Tonight.... firstly, I will say that we didn’t deserve to lose that game, we were the better side, but it counts for absolutely nothing. As mentioned on another thread, we lost to a side that looked every bit a conference team.

I’ve honestly never known a team bottle it like us when it comes to shooting. We have a real issue with actually just striking it properly and making a good connection, it’s unbelievable how many times we make a real hash of chances because of this. Our record of goals scored from outside the box must be one of the worst in the entire EFL.

15 game assessment...dreadful.

- 18th in the league
- 11 points off the top 3
- 7pts off the playoffs (and 9/10 from the main play off pack)
- 2 wins in ELEVEN home games in all comps!!! Teams that go up very rarely have a record like this, if ever.

A third of the season has now gone and genuinely, what percentage of chance can you put on us salvaging something from this season realistically? Maybe 10, 15%? Incredible we’re in such a poor position after such a short amount of time. The manager isn’t up to it but it’s pointless calling for change, it won’t come until the seasons essentially finished.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:32 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Tonight.... firstly, I will say that we didn’t deserve to lose that game, we were the better side, but it counts for absolutely nothing. As mentioned on another thread, we lost to a side that looked every bit a conference team.

I’ve honestly never known a team bottle it like us when it comes to shooting. We have a real issue with actually just striking it properly and making a good connection, it’s unbelievable how many times we make a real hash of chances because of this. Our record of goals scored from outside the box must be one of the worst in the entire EFL.

- 18th in the league
- 2 wins in ELEVEN home games in all comps!!! Teams that go up very rarely have a record like this, if ever.

A third of the season has now gone and genuinely, what percentage of chance can you put on us salvaging something from this season realistically? Maybe 10, 15%? Incredible we’re in such a poor position after such a short amount of time. The manager isn’t up to it but it’s pointless calling for change, it won’t come until the seasons essentially finished.

Just a case of getting to 50 points soon as and hoping at the end of the season there is at least 2 teams below us.

Then we can shrug it off and start again.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:40 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Tonight.... firstly, I will say that we didn’t deserve to lose that game, we were the better side, but it counts for absolutely nothing. As mentioned on another thread, we lost to a side that looked every bit a conference team.

- 18th in the league

Just a case of getting to 50 points soon as and hoping at the end of the season there is at least 2 teams below us.

Then we can shrug it off and start again.

It will not be good for attendances when we languish in the bottom half for another 30 games with no real prospect of achieving anything.... particularly when home form is so unbelievably poor.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:46 pm

I can’t remember their keeper having a save to make other than the scramble from Pearce. We were shocking in front of goal and at the back!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:49 pm

With our points total of 17 points after 15 games if you times it by 3=51pnts so we should be fine.
Promotion, forget it. It's not going to happen.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:57 pm

Salford were a (well organised) bang average side but they always seemed to win second balls in a way that we didn’t. We left their No 32 and No 9 with acres of space when they were moving forward. Somehow they scored 2 goals from their only 3 or maybe 4 shots in target.
Our forward movement was ponderous throughout the game but we had more than enough chances to have scored at least 3 or 4 goals. I struggled to find a MOM, but Shaughnessy was probably the only credible candidate.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:58 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Salford were a (well organised) bang average side but they always seemed to win second balls in a way that we didn’t. We left their No 32 and No 9 with acres of space when they were moving forward. Somehow they scored 2 goals from their only 3 or maybe 4 shots in target.
Our forward movement was ponderous throughout the game but we had more than enough chances to have scored at least 3 or 4 goals. I struggled to find a MOM, but Shaughnessy was probably the only credible candidate.

Spot on.

Thought Khan played well though, even though delivery into the box wasn’t the best he was actually driving forward attempting to make things happen
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:12 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Great goal by Maynard. Shaughnessy been good again.

Which counts for nothing.

Sloppy defending, woeful finishing and no passion from the touchline. Which is the reason we lost to a better side.

Mid table obscurity at best.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:15 pm

NG17_stag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
The One wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Shaughnessy Different class tonight, apart from him we got exactly what we deserved rubbish Dempster rubbish

He is OUT OF HIS DEPTH

sick of saying it Dave

jobs to big for him, how many bloody more John Radford ?

There’s got to be a point when enough is enough. But I don’t think he will.

Think we’ve got him for the season.

I think we’re at a point now where only 3 people in the whole of Mansfield want to stick with Dempster, and unfortunately those 3 people are Hymas, Carolyn and John.

Two people. Carolyn wanted to keep Flitcroft. She was right.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:18 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Carolyn wanted to keep Flitcroft. She was right.

Of course she was right about DF. I am prepared to give JD the right amount of time (which 3 months isn't) but it was a stupid decision to sack Flitcroft. I am sure privately the Flitcroft Out brigade on here are regretting their stupid short termism - though I doubt in true Johnson style, they will never admit to being wrong, which of course, they were. Our best season in 15 years, fact, and we sack him. Just utter, utter stupidity. So here we sit, as I predicteded in the summer, uncompetitive because we changed manager, changed someone who brought us decent football and a promotion challenge the entire season.

No doubt the DF brigade will argue that it was right to sack DF but wrong to appoint JD, good for you, for JD you could substitute any initial, the new man would still have needed time. If we become a sacking club, if JR listens to the mentalists, then I fear for us and fear a return to Barrow away.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:37 pm

Rob wrote:

Of course she was right about DF. I am prepared to give JD the right amount of time (which 3 months isn't) but it was a stupid decision to sack Flitcroft. I am sure privately the Flitcroft Out brigade on here are regretting their stupid short termism - though I doubt in true Johnson style, they will never admit to being wrong, which of course, they were. Our best season in 15 years, fact, and we sack him. Just utter, utter stupidity. So here we sit, as I predicteded in the summer, uncompetitive because we changed manager, changed someone who brought us decent football and a promotion challenge the entire season.

No doubt the DF brigade will argue that it was right to sack DF but wrong to appoint JD, good for you, for JD you could substitute any initial, the new man would still have needed time. If we become a sacking club, if JR listens to the mentalists, then I fear for us and fear a return to Barrow away.

You can scream the same anti fan nonsense as much as you like, but the fact is, the fans didn’t sack DF

Neither did they employ JD

Make a few more spelling/grammatical errors and Lomas will start to worry about his job ;)
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:44 pm

Rob wrote:

To sack DF was 100 hundred million percent the right decision and you have just highjacked another thread again but it does not galvanise your misguided opinion. I loved the appointment of JD rightly or wrongly so what. Sod your I told you so im perfect mentality about your failed hero called floppy the man was cak at his job and was rightly dismissed to the project of bolton, WOW bloody WOW. Easy to predict failure under JD because most of the team are serial failures. Big changes are needed to the squad mainly senior players but no matter what manager at the moment they wont win three fifths of nothing mate
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:48 pm

Beano wrote:You can scream the same anti fan nonsense as much as you like, but the fact is, the fans didn’t sack DF

Make a few more spelling/grammatical errors and Lomas will start to worry about his job ;)

Well that added to the debate didn't it :lol: I am not sure how I am anti fan, I am anti-stupid fan, most fans did not want DF sacked, there were no protests, no DF out chants but the voices of idiots clearly had some sort of influence on JR. Dead easy to criticise those with a view Beano, so how about your view, were we right to sack DF? Should we now sack JD? Should we change manager every few months unless we achieve instant success? Did the changing manager policy work well for Notts Co and Chesterfield?

I think our owner has done an unbelievable job at MTFC and have supported him at every corner, but he was wrong to sack DF. I will repeat again, DF took us to our highest league position in 15 years.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:58 pm

Rob wrote:
Beano wrote:You can scream the same anti fan nonsense as much as you like, but the fact is, the fans didn’t sack DF

Well that added to the debate didn't it :lol: I am not sure how I am anti fan, I am anti-stupid fan, most fans did not want DF sacked, there were no protests, no DF out chants but the voices of idiots clearly had some sort of influence on JR. Dead easy to criticise those with a view Beano, so how about your view, were we right to sack DF? Should we now sack JD? Should we change manager every few months unless we achieve instant success? Did the changing manager policy work well for Notts Co and Chesterfield?

I think our owner has done an unbelievable job at MTFC and have supported him at every corner, but he was wrong to sack DF. I will repeat again, DF took us to our highest league position in 15 years - in 15 years, I say again, in 15 years. Yes, 15 years, how many years, FIFTEEN.

Pity he didnt manage FIFTEEN points from his last 8 games in charge against bang average opponents then isnt it but regularly playing one striker up front isolated was not his team selection was it, it must have forced on him by mistic meg
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:59 pm

DogsDoDahs wrote:
Rob wrote:

I think our owner has done an unbelievable job at MTFC and have supported him at every corner, but he was wrong to sack DF. I will repeat again, DF took us to our highest league position in 15 years - in 15 years, I say again, in 15 years. Yes, 15 years, how many years, FIFTEEN.

Pity he didnt manage FIFTEEN points from his last 8 games in charge against bang average opponents then isnt it but regularly playing one striker up front isolated was not his team selection was it, it must have forced on him by mistic meg

Would you take 4th now raspberry? I bet you would.
Rob
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum