{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FGR scorefred sponsored by 3 on the bounce?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FGR scorefred sponsored by 3 on the bounce?

Postby wink68 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Butcherman wrote:We have all learned a lot from today's match...

As long as the manager as.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:07 pm

A good point in the end, especially delighted for Andy Cook. Hopefully this gets him going, and surely now Dempster will give him a few starts.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:08 pm

Brilliant comeback, not a great performance, but we got a point after being 2-0 down at one of the top teams, I'd take that, onto the next game!!! Maynard hattrick last game, Cook 2 this game, can they do it together next game?
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:09 pm

First half garbage. The tactics were naive and a waste of time.

Second half matched them. Cook ran out of steam (I think he actually got kicked somewhere sensitive).

Lucky draw. We were also hanging on in the end
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:10 pm

Tomlinson getting dragged off at half time is the least shocking thing ever. It happens to him nearly every time he gets a start.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:10 pm

Such a weird game, but ultimately a good point, particularly if we can back it up with another win on Tuesday.

First half awful, then one substitution changed the game, no prizes for guessing who. All of a sudden their defenders who had their easiest game of the season had something to think about. For the life of me I can’t understand what Dempster was thinking with his starting 11, a real clanger and so it proved - he needs to learn sharpish that a negative line up does not suit us whatsoever and the quicker he does the better he will fair.

In terms of individual performances I thought it was one of Bish’s worst games in a stags shirt, his pass completion must have been around 25%. CJ poor and Tomlinson also, but thought Pearce, Khan, and obviously Cook did their jobs well.

It’s a game that leaves me wondering how well an experienced manager would do with this squad. If he does not start with Cook and Maynard on Tuesday he wants sacking at 18:46 that evening.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:17 pm

Fighting at the end between Khan and Kitching.

Looks like in the corner kitching was doing his best falling over trying to get a penalty and once the corner came in he fell over again and soon got up once he knew he could get the ball. Khan gave chase but the ref blew for full time. He was either angry because his play acting is crap or that the ref blew while FGR had possession in our box still.

As the camera panned away from kitching and Khan and back towards the box the linesman on that side ran into frame, past the fighting. And Pearce tried pointing it out to the officials who did nothing so Pearce ran over to them and as the camera panned back around to see what was happening Pearce had pulled kitching away from Khan.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:18 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

No we haven't, it just confirmed what we already knew.
Will it have sunk in JDs bonce

Exactly.....he doesn't learn.....just reverts to type and then does what we were all saying two weeks ago. Great result by the team but why can't we play to our strengths and let teams worry about us from the start rather than reverting to that defensive mindset???
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:21 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

No we haven't, it just confirmed what we already knew.
Will it have sunk in JDs bonce

Exactly.....he doesn't learn.....just reverts to type and then does what we were all saying two weeks ago. Great result by the team but why can't we play to our strengths and let teams worry about us from the start rather than reverting to that defensive mindset???

Because that is his mindset, everyone at the pre season meeting and who saw the video of it, he openly stated it will be cautious away from home!!!
Trouble is he's done it at home too!!!!!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:22 pm

He’s only setting out as he said pre-season, draw away from home. It’s why i went for a mid table finish this season.

Cook and Maynard should start as much as possible, they will rip the league up.

If we just set up to attack, teams will fear us and we’ll be top half in no time.

7-0 on Tuesday!
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:27 pm

Have I missed the posts from Yorkshire and Old Ram Stag?
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:30 pm

There's a certain number of posters in here who were loving it when we were losing. They couldn't contain themselves.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:31 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Such a weird game, but ultimately a good point, particularly if we can back it up with another win on Tuesday.

First half awful, then one substitution changed the game, no prizes for guessing who. All of a sudden their defenders who had their easiest game of the season had something to think about. For the life of me I can’t understand what Dempster was thinking with his starting 11, a real clanger and so it proved - he needs to learn sharpish that a negative line up does not suit us whatsoever and the quicker he does the better he will fair.

In terms of individual performances I thought it was one of Bish’s worst games in a stags shirt, his pass completion must have been around 25%. CJ poor and Tomlinson also, but thought Pearce, Khan, and obviously Cook did their jobs well.

It’s a game that leaves me wondering how well an experienced manager would do with this squad. If he does not start with Cook and Maynard on Tuesday he wants sacking at 18:46 that evening.

58%, joint second worst.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:34 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Such a weird game, but ultimately a good point, particularly if we can back it up with another win on Tuesday.

58%, joint second worst.

Unsurprising, pretty much any time he tried to make a progressive pass.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:40 pm

Stoney wrote:There's a certain number of posters in here who were loving it when we were losing. They couldn't contain themselves.

Surely anyone posting on here is a Stags fan. Negative comments about a negative team selection and awful first half performance doesn't mean you hate the manager or don't want the team to win. It's just frustration that the manager can't see the blinding obvious. Don't come back with he's a tactical genius by changing the team to what we all thought he should have started with. I you have a mid table squad then be cursious. If you have one of the best squads in the league with proven goal scorers stamp your influence on the game from minute one.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:44 pm

Stoney wrote:There's a certain number of posters in here who were loving it when we were losing. They couldn't contain themselves.

Delusion. Did you watch the game? It was shocking first half and was commented on as being so. I didn’t see anything on here that was anything but a fair assessment of the game, but I suppose that doesn’t fit your narrative.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:45 pm

Would have taken a draw before kick off, yet another game where we showed nothing until 2 down.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:48 pm

Were we supposed to be happy about losing, not having a shot in anger, and Dempster opting for a painfully negative setup?
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:52 pm

Good point against a very good side.. C.O.Y.S
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:56 pm

I was one of the posters in the first half but I have never posted a Dempster out post.

The 4 5 1 or whatever it was just didn’t work. We were sat parallel to Maynard’s front line. It was hopeless. If to feet he had no one to pass to. If a long ball no one to head down too or flick on. The players looked lost and we were pleading for 4 4 2.

It was obvious after 15 mins and should have been changed then. Maybe not a sub but move CJ up
Front and play 4 4 2.

We were lucky to go in 1 0 down. Second half much better.

We need two up front. Probably two out of rose cook and Maynard, but with others keeping them on their toes, eg Knowles.

CJ I don’t know. He seems to alternate between world beater and flop. I think he has a place in a good team, but perhaps not ours.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Big yella » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:01 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Good point against a very good side.. C.O.Y.S

They’re not a good side.

Forget they’re comfortably in the play-offs.
Forget they’re only 1 point off the automatics.
Forget they’re 8 points better off than us.

The board stato says they’re rubbish. So they’re rubbish.
Oh and we’ll get nowhere playing 4-4-2.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:08 pm

Not replying to you all individually. We've just had 2 good wins and got a fantastic point against FGR away. We've turned a corner, enjoy it and support the team fgs.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:11 pm

Bit early for that youth, we are 17th you know.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:13 pm

I know where we are in the league, negativity doesn't help.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:20 pm

yorkstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Listen ta Yorkie JD he knows best youth

I don’t know best. I just get sick to death of the constant whining of you and your crew. Great point.

Can you and old Ram Stag post you agree?

we whine because we are right Puddin owd lad, take them there rose tinted off & see the real world ;)
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum