{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FGR scorefred sponsored by 3 on the bounce?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FGR scorefred sponsored by 3 on the bounce?

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:41 pm

Stoney wrote:I know where we are in the league, negativity doesn't help.

Neither does delusion ....if last week was a great performance and received due praise and accolade then why revert to the rubbish he was quite rightly under scrutiny for in the previous twelve games. His defensive mindset is why so many don't trust him to get it right. I'm dying to hear what his excuses are for changing a winning formula (style not enforced changes) ??

I keep saying why not make other teams afraid of what we proved we can do last week than hide behind the settee and peep through our fingers at them.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:44 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Listen ta Yorkie JD he knows best youth

I don’t know best. I just get sick to death of the constant whining of you and your crew. Great point.

Can you and old Ram Stag post you agree?

we whine because we are right Puddin owd lad, take them there rose tinted off & see the real world ;)

No rose tinted specs here lad - things aren’t where we want to be but glad you admit you’re a whiner. Fact is you are a moaner and I genuinely believe you get a kick out of the clubs failure as do several others on here. I want JD to succeed as I did DF. You just introduce phrases such as Flipflop. You must be such a great success in your personal life to entitle you to be so critical .
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:46 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Stoney wrote:I know where we are in the league, negativity doesn't help.

Neither does delusion ....if last week was a great performance and received due praise and accolade then why revert to the rubbish he was quite rightly under scrutiny for in the previous twelve games. His defensive mindset is why so many don't trust him to get it right. I'm dying to hear what his excuses are for changing a winning formula (style not enforced changes) ??

I keep saying why not make other teams afraid of what we proved we can do last week than hide behind the settee and peep through our fingers at them.

If you want 'delusional' go to Chad site for JDs interview.
He set us up with 3 up front :lol: to attack them from the off :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:48 pm

Out of context our last 3 results have been spot on.

In context we absolutely robbed FGR today. Oldham, are 2 points off the relegation spot and still managed to score against our defence with 9 men on the field. Grimsby was a decent performance but nothing spectacular.

If we want to go up this season we won't do it if we don't start games properly. We shouldn't need nearly every game to be making subs that most were saying were needed before the game started. We made a sub at half time and again after around the hour mark, there was nothing performance wise in previous games that said both those players that were subbed off should have started today. We flooded the midfield and then bypassed them. They then had to sit deep because Maynard was never going to win more headers than he loses against defenders, this dragged Khan and CJ back or they just have to get it to a full back and run at bennong/Gordon because there's no protection, saw this time and again today. It was a complete and utter farce in the first half.

Coming off the back of a 6-1 win for us, FGR were a little cautious in the first 15 minutes but whe they realised we would give them all the space they want they then attacked us more. They had 13 shots on goal by half time and 21 shots on goal by full time. We had 0 at half time and 6 by full time. Conrad was our man of the match at half time and probably still was at full time, but Cook was very close behind. The rest were a mile off.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:56 pm

Big yella wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:Good point against a very good side.. C.O.Y.S

They’re not a good side.

Forget they’re comfortably in the play-offs.
Forget they’re only 1 point off the automatics.
Forget they’re 8 points better off than us.

The board stato says they’re rubbish. So they’re rubbish.
Oh and we’ll get nowhere playing 4-4-2.

They probably had more shots this afternoon than they've had all season, and they still couldn't beat an underperforming team.

Oh and they'll get nowhere playing 3 at the back.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:05 pm

The league is alot tighter this season. After 14 games last season Lincoln had a 4 point gap at the top already. We were 13th (we only played 12 games though but had the same amount of points as we've managed so far. ) as we know we didn't lose until the new year after this point and still only managed 4th. Demps has a hill to climb and it's getting later and later in the season and a bigger and bigger set of results needed.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:06 pm

yorkstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Listen ta Yorkie JD he knows best youth

I don’t know best. I just get sick to death of the constant whining of you and your crew. Great point.

Can you and old Ram Stag post you agree?

we whine because we are right Puddin owd lad, take them there rose tinted off & see the real world ;)

No rose tinted specs here lad - things aren’t where we want to be but glad you admit you’re a whiner. Fact is you are a moaner and I genuinely believe you get a kick out of the clubs failure as do several others on here. I want JD to succeed as I did DF. You just introduce phrases such as Flipflop. You must be such a great success in your personal life to entitle you to be so critical .

As you know nothing about me Puddin, i’ll just let you know i am real success in my personal life, i’m critical because it’s warranted, the most pathetic puerile comment you have ever made “get a kick out the clubs failure “, you have surpassed even yourself.

just because certain fans don’t sit there and suck up the failures and are prepared to comment does not make them less of a fan, grow up youth
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:09 pm

gazza1988 wrote:The league is alot tighter this season. After 14 games last season Lincoln had a 4 point gap at the top already. We were 13th (we only played 12 games though but had the same amount of points as we've managed so far. ) as we know we didn't lose until the new year after this point and still only managed 4th. Demps has a hill to climb and it's getting later and later in the season and a bigger and bigger set of results needed.

At least he's going for it now with 3 up top, 2 of which haven't got a clue where the goal is :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:26 pm

Still not entirely sold on JD but in our last 3 we have got 7 points. 2 of them have been away and in one of them we had a man sent off. I understand a lot of the criticisms of the management but christ there have been worse times to be a fan lets be honest. 2 down away to a team right up there so getting a point no matter the circumstance is a good result :coys:
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:29 pm

PLAY COOK & MAYNARD 4-4-2
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:41 pm

Stoney wrote:There's a certain number of posters in here who were loving it when we were losing. They couldn't contain themselves.

Chuckling at the utter lack of testicular fortitude on these threads.

You wouldn’t want 70 pc of these posters in the trenches with you.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:44 pm

Really good result. Have to agree with some of the comments about the starting line up.

Most successful teams in this division have a strong striker who can compete in the air, that's what Cooky does for us. He should be starting games with Maynard playing off him. I've said it for a few weeks now
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:47 pm

To be fair to JD, Cook said himself in his interview that he isn't match fit. That doesn't excuse not starting Dapo or Knowles or Sterling and playing 4-4-2 though.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:02 pm

Stoney wrote:There's a certain number of posters in here who were loving it when we were losing. They couldn't contain themselves.

Stupid comment of the day.

18 shots against, 1 for at HT. Should we have been happy-clapping that one?

No one loves us losing. I'm just aggrieved by the way we set up in that clearly doesn't suit us. Why set up 'defensive'? And by 'defensive', I mean waiting to go 2 goals behind. It doesn't work and it gets fans on his case, so why does he continue to do it.

When we chuck the flipping lot in we get ourselves back I to it.

Like posters have said, play to our strengths and let other teams worry about us. There is a good team in there. We are way below where we should be, however you look at it.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:18 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

What the heck has an opinion of a football match got to do with trench warfare. Remind us all how many wars you've fought from the trenches?

And by the way, wouldn't it show more 'testicular fortitude' to actually set up to go for the win away from home from kick off, like we all wanted to? Especially off the back of a 6-1 win?

Fair play to the 70pc who want to attack, you wet flannel.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:56 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Whisper it...

Dempster out again...

get back in your box. you're boring as hell
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:03 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Conrad took a free kick and went through to the keeper. Does that count as our first shot on target?

We'll score in the next 10 mins

you weren't far out
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:07 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

I somehow doubt that many on here would enthuse at the prospect of spending any time in trench with you, Bellwhiff.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:17 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: well said
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:18 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

What the heck has an opinion of a football match got to do with trench warfare. Remind us all how many wars you've fought from the trenches?

And by the way, wouldn't it show more 'testicular fortitude' to actually set up to go for the win away from home from kick off, like we all wanted to? Especially off the back of a 6-1 win?

It’s a turn of phrase you precious arse
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:23 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

It’s a turn of phrase you precious arse

Thanks for clearing that up I hadn't heard it before.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:25 pm

Spiritater wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Whisper it...

Dempster out again...

get back in your box. you're boring as hell

I should have put a ;) so you could detect that my post was tongue in cheek.

A draw away at FGR is a good point.

7 from Grimsby, Oldham and FGR is a good return.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:04 pm

JD, a tactical genius, and doesn,'t he like to tell everyone..
Won't be long before Man Utd. are knocking on his door.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Tawnystag » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:22 am

Everyone’s Pep Guardiola on a football forum. This is Division 4 football, take it for what it is. Support JD, believe he will come good, unless he doesn’t then support whoever comes in next.
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby pemill » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:54 am

Would have taken a point before the game, keeps the unbeaten run going, great to see Cook get on the scoresheet.
pemill
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum