{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Advice for visiting fan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Advice for visiting fan

Postby CPFC fan » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:46 pm

Hello. Crystal Palace fan here, visiting your forum in peace for some advice. Me and the family are up in the Peak District for half term and we always like to try to get a random match in on our travels so we were thinking of getting tickets for your Tuesday night game against Salford. It's me, the missus and three kids so was thinking of the family deal tickets as figuring family stand the best place to be? Am assuming can order in advance and pick them up on the night or get them emailed? Never been to Mansfield before and will be driving from near Matlock so grateful for any advice, esp around parking as not sure where best place to leave the car or how busy the surrounding roads will get? Also, I cant see any but do you happen have any random ex-Palace players playing for you?
thanks in advance!
CPFC fan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Advice for visiting fan

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:59 pm

You'll be fine for tickets. Can pick them up or get print at home.

Family area is cheaper but the views are a bit low and near the corner so I chose to sit upper tier myself.

Parking: imperial dry cleaning is really close and usually has spaces.

Can't think of a current palace connection, but Lewis price was on loan a few years ago and was excellent. We also had Palace old boy Calvin Andrew who did next to nothing for a season apart from score a solitary goal. It was Away at Chesterfield, we won 1-0, and he is now rightly a club legend.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:01 pm

CPFC fan wrote:Hello. Crystal Palace fan here, visiting your forum in peace for some advice. Me and the family are up in the Peak District for half term and we always like to try to get a random match in on our travels so we were thinking of getting tickets for your Tuesday night game against Salford. It's me, the missus and three kids so was thinking of the family deal tickets as figuring family stand the best place to be? Am assuming can order in advance and pick them up on the night or get them emailed? Never been to Mansfield before and will be driving from near Matlock so grateful for any advice, esp around parking as not sure where best place to leave the car or how busy the surrounding roads will get? Also, I cant see any but do you happen have any random ex-Palace players playing for you?
thanks in advance!

Hello mate.

The family ticket is by far the best deal. I'm not sure if they're behind the goal or in the lower tier of the Ian Greaves stand now (the big stand running the full length of the pitch). Somebody will be able to advise better on that but it is decent value.

As for travelling from Matlock your best route I reckon would be to drive to Chesterfield (get your foot down on slack hill when you drive back!), once in Chesterfield you'll need to get on the A617 which takes you to junction 29 of the M1, head straight over the roundabout to Mansfield and it's one long road pretty much into Mansfield from there. You will see signs for the football stadium as you approach but if you turn right at the traffic lights before Tesco then follow the road you can't miss it.

We always park behind Pizza Hut/Pure Gym which you will see just past Field Mill if you go the route I've just said. It's free parking and we've never had an issue. Around a 3 minute walk to the stadium.

Enjoy your time in the peak District and bring us some good luck to Field Mill!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:14 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:You'll be fine for tickets. Can pick them up or get print at home.

Family area is cheaper but the views are a bit low and near the corner so I chose to sit upper tier myself.

Parking: imperial dry cleaning is really close and usually has spaces.

Can't think of a current palace connection, but Lewis price was on loan a few years ago and was excellent. We also had Palace old boy Sir Calvin Andrew who did next to nothing for a season apart from score a solitary goal. It was Away at Chesterfield, we won 1-0, and he is now rightly a club legend.

Amended that for you, tut, tut.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:28 pm

Family tickets can’t be bought on line, but just turn up and buy on the day, Or phone and pick up on day.

Just £36 for 2 adults and 2 Kids, not sure how much they charge for third kid.

Edit - third kid will be free if under seven, but £12 in advance for 7 or older or £14.50 if bought on day.

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/tickets/family-tickets/
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby weststander » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:43 pm

Last time we were in L1, I remember some random Palace fans sitting in the upper tier as their game at I think Leeds had been postponed quite late in the day so they came to us on the way home. Might have been the Wycombe game from memory.
Ian Greaves upper tier would give you the best view (blocks L,N or P the most central) but would cost more, but as you Londoners are all loaded compared to us poor clog wearing, pigeon fancying northerners that shouldn't be an issue ;)
Don't park in the retail park behind the away end, you'll get a ticket.
The road signs and junctions in Mansfield are notoriously bad , but as mentioned before, if coming from junction 29 just go into town and turn right at Tesco.
Hope you see a good game and a thumping win for us :D
weststander
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:51 pm

Another parking spot is a charity car park on Nottingham Rd A60 just five minutes walk from the ground just before the Water Meadows swimming complex NG18 1BA.

After 7pm (so wait until the clock ticks over) it's only £1 for all night parking. It's 200m before the Pizza Hut place but multi spaces and easier to get out of after the game.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:57 pm

Park in Water Meadows, free after 3 oclock & fairly close to Quarry Lane end.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:58 pm

Stoney wrote:As for travelling from Matlock your best route I reckon would be to drive to Chesterfield (get your foot down on slack hill when you drive back!), once in Chesterfield you'll need to get on the A617 which takes you to junction 29 of the M1, head straight over the roundabout to Mansfield and it's one long road pretty much into Mansfield from there. You will see signs for the football stadium as you approach but if you turn right at the traffic lights before Tesco then follow the road you can't miss it.

we regularly stay in the Matlock area. Beautiful around there. Quickest route to Mansfield is either via South Wingfield or via Tibshelf.

Don't go to Chesterfield. At least an extra 10 minutes via Chesterfield, plus it'll be very busy around 6pm, and you'd have to spend time getting yourself cleaned up afterwards as well.

Here's a match report of the last time we played Crystal Palace
https://stagsnet.net/vintage/reports/cr ... lace77.htm

And here's a match report of a very famous game against Crystal Palace
https://stagsnet.net/vintage/reports/cpalace.html
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:05 pm

Free street parking on Matlock Avenue and surround streets. Just a 5 min walk through the nature reserve to the ground. There will almost certainly he home fans walking down that way so just follow the crowds.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:05 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Stoney wrote:As for travelling from Matlock your best route I reckon would be to drive to Chesterfield (get your foot down on slack hill when you drive back!), once in Chesterfield you'll need to get on the A617 which takes you to junction 29 of the M1, head straight over the roundabout to Mansfield and it's one long road pretty much into Mansfield from there. You will see signs for the football stadium as you approach but if you turn right at the traffic lights before Tesco then follow the road you can't miss it.

we regularly stay in the Matlock area. Beautiful around there. Quickest route to Mansfield is either via South Wingfield or via Tibshelf.

Don't go to Chesterfield. At least an extra 10 minutes via Chesterfield, plus it'll be very busy around 6pm, and you'd have to spend time getting yourself cleaned up afterwards as well.

Ooooooooohhhhhhhh Martin.....You being controversial ?!?!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby CPFC fan » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:54 pm

Thanks all. Very useful stuff, esp how to get to the ground and where to park!
Might buy the tickets in advance but good to know can get on the day.
Glad to hear Sir Calvin is a hero somewhere, I think he only scored a couple for us, and that was in about 50 games!
Looking forward to our trip and really hoping we make the game.
Those match reports are amazing. Can’t believe our paths haven’t crossed in league or cup since the 70s!
Cheers again and good luck for the season
CPFC fan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby shirebrookcraig » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:05 pm

Even if you buy the family ticket there will be plenty of empty seats to choose from in the quarry lane
shirebrookcraig
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby CassellsCap » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:17 pm

You will get best value in quarry lane with family ticket, good view of the game and stadium, freebies for kids such as sweets etc and plenty of options were to sit . Have a nice evening and welcome to our club.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:31 am

i remember the day when palace fans were at our game simply beggin us to win as they'd clucked up promotion the previous week.
then up stepped Ern :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:39 am

Head to Alfreton on A615 then A38 to Mansfield Can easily park on Matlock Avenue or surrounding roads and five minute walk through park along Quarry Lane to ground.
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:17 am

Spiritater wrote:i remember the day when palace fans were at our game simply beggin us to win as they'd clucked up promotion the previous week.
then up stepped Ern :D

Remember this well. This was in the days of more physical fan rivally and often resulted in trouble. We were far away from home in deepest Wales, never somewhere I'd go out of choice. We were stood behind the goal at Racecourse ground, Wrexham. Rest of the ground packed with home fans still begging for their own promotion. In the corner to the left between us where several hundred crystal palace fans. They had come down as theyd lost the prebious day and needed us to win for them to just sneak into a promotion. Felt intimidating all round.
Then when Ernie Moss scored that goal both our fans celebrating as one. They were trying to climb into our end just to celebrate together, no antagonism or threats just pure joy at a mutual goal. Will always remember them fondly after that day.
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Danielle SLO » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:35 am

Good Morning,
We would be happy to welcome you to the OneCall stadium Sky Bet league 2 Family Club of the year
As our supporters have mentioned we have a great family ticket deal 1 adult and 1 child for £18.
In the family room we have our Halloween Stagtacular with lots of spooky fun starting at 6:30pm. Scariest supporter, halloween biscuit decorating, games, crafts and puzzles. Prizes to be won. If you mention to our ticket office when you order it’s your first visit we provide a special treat for the children delivered to your seat.
If you require any further information for your visit do not hesitate to contact me Danielle.Hett@mansfieldtown.net
I look forward to meeting you and your family
Last edited by Danielle SLO on Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danielle SLO
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:55 am

Danielle SLO wrote:Good Morning,
We would happy to welcome you to the OneCall stadium Sky Bet league 2 Family Club of the year
As our supporters have mentioned we have a great family ticket deal 1 adult and 1 child for £18.
In the family room we have our Halloween Stagtacular with lots of spooky fun starting at 6:30pm. Scariest supporter, halloween biscuit decorating, games, crafts and puzzles. Prizes to be won. If you mention to our ticket office when you order it’s your first visit we provide a special treat for the children delivered to your seat.
If you require any further information for your visit do not hesitate to contact me Danielle.Hett@mansfieldtown.net
I look forward to meeting you and your family

Nice one Danielle. Well picked up.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby CPFC fan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:53 am

Wow. Thanks everyone, I’m genuinely touched by all the lovely comments and really helpful advice, esp re getting to your place and parking. I’ve been inspired and will be calling the club to buy our tickets later today!
As to your kind offer of some stuff for the kids Danielle, that would be amazing, shall I email you direct with our seat numbers once I’ve booked? The family area sounds good, not sure if our eldest (14) will join in with the craft activities but you never know! Our youngest lad spends most of his time in sports gear (mainly Palace obvs) but has already requested a visit to your club shop before we’ve even left London!
Looking forward to the match and see you (in spirit if not in actually person) next week.
Come on you Stags!
CPFC fan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stoney » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:55 am

Brilliant Danielle.

Enjoy the game mate, you will have to let us know on here if you enjoyed it! Hopefully you bring us some luck!

Looking at maps, Martin is right. Ignore my advise about going to Chesterfield that's a longer route!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:44 am

I think as you are up in the wilds of the Derbyshire Peak District, the wise words of the patrons of The Slaughtered Lamb from ‘American Werewolf in London’ are best heeded.

Dart Player:
Stay on the road. Keep clear of the moors.

Chess Player:
Beware the moon, lads.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby CPFC fan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:11 pm

Tickets bought so we’re in! Looking forward to it. Will keep an eye on the Forest Green result at the wkd and fingers crossed for double celebration in the unlikely event of us getting something against City!
CPFC fan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby london amber stag » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:15 pm

Hi Palace fan,
As a Stags fan living in Bromley, I am sure you and your family will enjoy your visit to Mansfield Town, it is a great club but I am biased!
Mansfield folk are very friendly and you will receive a warm welcome. Hoping for 3 points on the night!
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:21 pm

City are spent force you'll have no trouble ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum