{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Jake Buxton "Ill go back at some point"

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Jake Buxton "Ill go back at some point"

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:51 pm

Bucko believes he'll be back and wants to go back to stags one day. Would be a good January signing imo. Having seen him play recently, he's what were missing at the back, similar to turner in the playoffs.

Good interview with him here https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/10/ram ... n-part-one
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Re: Jake Buxton "Ill go back at some point"

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:53 pm

Great that former players want to come back to us
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:15 pm

raspberry right off.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:51 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:raspberry right off.

how constructive.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:01 pm

Any decent midfielders who know we play in Amber and know where the net is want to come back?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:24 pm

I thought he was crap. Bappa mopped up for him all the time!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Some players are better off left in the past....I feel bucko is one if them as would if been the case for the likes of Lawrence too.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:58 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:

Wow.....statistically Bucko had a much better season, gave away less penalties and was at fault for less goals than AJB that season.
Next you will be telling me that it was Jason Whites fault we went down too even though he kept 4 or 5 clean sheets in the 13 or 14 league games he played in that season !!!!!
Bucko gave away two free kicks towards the end of the season that resulted in goals but was much the better defender that year than AJB....and he has had a much better career !
We offered JB a contract that was then rescinded when McEwan took over, he left and he hands down won Conference player of the season at Burton and has then spent 10+ seasons playing Championship football on a regular basis.

JB is exactly the sort of player we need....someone that plays with his sleeves rolled up and someone that can bring Sweeney on with his experience.
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:04 pm

Johnny H wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

Wow.....statistically Bucko had a much better season, gave away less penalties and was at fault for less goals than AJB that season.
Next you will be telling me that it was Jason Whites fault we went down too even though he kept 4 or 5 clean sheets in the 13 or 14 league games he played in that season !!!!!
Bucko gave away two free kicks towards the end of the season that resulted in goals but was much the better defender that year than AJB....and he has had a much better career !
We offered JB a contract that was then rescinded when McEwan took over, he left and he hands down won Conference player of the season at Burton and has then spent 10+ seasons playing Championship football on a regular basis.

JB is exactly the sort of player we need....someone that plays with his sleeves rolled up and someone that can bring Sweeney on with his experience.

Can’t be bothered to read your essay, it’s simply my opinion that I didn’t think Jake Buxton was all that.

Jason White was partly to blame for our relegation, did you miss the Rotherham lob?
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:21 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Johnny H wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

Can’t be bothered to read your essay, it’s simply my opinion that I didn’t think Jake Buxton was all that.

Jason White was partly to blame for our relegation, did you miss the Rotherham lob?

So you did read it then ??
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:22 pm

Do we have a say in the matter?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:34 pm

i shall never forget him laughing when he came back to the club to pick up his boots when he and the others relegated us & know he wants to come back for final payday?, do one
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:38 pm

Everytime I see Jake on TV he is always caught out of position, usually chasing behind the opposition.
No thanks mate, you've had a good career, we don't need you.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:48 pm

Johnny H wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Johnny H wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

So you did read it then ??

I got to your in-depth stats from over 10 years ago and got bored. IMO Buxton wasn’t anywhere near as good as some believe, fair play he’s gone onto have a great career, must have a top agent.

The cheering when he got sent off down at Dagenham says it all and also the other comments on this thread.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:51 pm

"must have a top agent" obviously never seen him play in the championship... was comfortable and solid at that level. Very good, old school defender that isn't a flash git... would do wonders working alongside our youth.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby dave E stag » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:57 pm

No..just bloody No...
dave E stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tibby » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:18 pm

Don't particularly like him. But how anyone wouldn't want him is beyond me. He is better than all but 1 of our current centre halves and he is a winner
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:19 pm

May explain why he came to the scunthorpe game then.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:25 pm

Hope not, Buxton comes from the Ollie Palmer school of giving Stags fans the middle finger (when we played Burton.)
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:46 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:i shall never forget him laughing when he came back to the club to pick up his boots when he and the others relegated us & know he wants to come back for final payday?, do one

That would probably be at the point where he was sick of being ritually booed by home fans each week, when his name was read out on the starting line up ;)

All opinions me owd whippet
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Would be what’s needed in January imo.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:32 pm

jake's got blood on his hands, try as he may he'll never wash it off. stay away, it's best for all.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:44 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:i shall never forget him laughing when he came back to the club to pick up his boots when he and the others relegated us & know he wants to come back for final payday?, do one

That would probably be at the point where he was sick of being ritually booed by home fans each week, when his name was read out on the starting line up ;)

All opinions me owd whippet

least we forget :thumbdown:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:55 pm

Bucko got a raw deal from some fans in his latter stages with us, not dissimilar to how some on here, FB and at the ground are treating Logan and Dempster for instance. There is a rotten core fans who feel it is necessary to slate players and blame them for our failings - I bet there's a good chance it's the same moronic individuals now as previous.

It's not a fluke that he has gone on and sustained a career at a higher level, nothing to do with agents. The other thing is he was loyal to The Stags, Derby, Burton and gave his all, he never left anything on the pitch.

What I remember most from some of his latter games is how he was left to cover, both CB positions and RB whilst his so called fellow defenders went AWOL, unfortunately some people mistake that for him being a bad player, far from it.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby tinman » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:59 am

All I have to say on the matter is 'Stockport County away'.
That was the final straw as far as I'm concerned
First Stags Match Stags 0 Crewe 0, 14th September 1974
tinman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum