{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Jake Buxton "Ill go back at some point"

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Jake Buxton "Ill go back at some point"

Postby Dan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:54 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Dan wrote:
Bradders wrote:I don't get this attitude of assuming that an ex Stags player from a decade ago (or more) is exactly the same person and football standard as when they last played for us. People are immature when young and do rash things. Then they gain experience and wisdom, and work hard to improve. The Buxton of today is a different man from the one that was just a raw talent all that time ago.

Well said Bradders. He's an absolute legend at Derby they love him there. When I did a few of their games I couldn't believe how much they worshipped him. You don't have the career he did if you were as bad as some of the 'experts' on here think.

So true dan ,you only get lucky once in a while ,he,s played at a good level for years

Also don't forget the manager who signed him a few times is the one a lot of our fans want in as our next manager! ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:14 pm

Dan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Dan wrote:
Bradders wrote:I don't get this attitude of assuming that an ex Stags player from a decade ago (or more) is exactly the same person and football standard as when they last played for us. People are immature when young and do rash things. Then they gain experience and wisdom, and work hard to improve. The Buxton of today is a different man from the one that was just a raw talent all that time ago.

Well said Bradders. He's an absolute legend at Derby they love him there. When I did a few of their games I couldn't believe how much they worshipped him. You don't have the career he did if you were as bad as some of the 'experts' on here think.

So true dan ,you only get lucky once in a while ,he,s played at a good level for years

Also don't forget the manager who signed him a few times is the one a lot of our fans want in as our next manager! ;)
A last minute winner v Forest might have helped. He is loved at Derby like we love Calvin Andrew.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:15 pm

Oh, no, no, no.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:17 pm

ST4GS wrote:
Dan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Dan wrote:

A last minute winner v Forest might have helped. He is loved at Derby like we love Calvin Andrew.

Behave yourself he was at Derby for 7 years.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:33 pm

Nothing to do with his achievements as a player, but he is not the manager for us.

We need someone with a proven track record please.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:23 pm

Clough obviously rates him, so is a Clough/Buxton management team possible :head ball:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:26 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Would be what’s needed in January imo.

Its november who knows whats needed in january
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:29 pm

ST4GS wrote:
Dan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Dan wrote:

No they love him for a lot more than that..... he was the leader, the lad who gave 100%, he fought and showed passion every game. He made a lot of players maintain high standards... he was also a pretty good defender.

The Derby side that lost to QPR in the final were brilliant, they should have gone up and deserved a go in the premier league the lot of them.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:15 pm

Beano:
Clough obviously rates him, so is a Clough/Buxton management team possible

That would be a dream long term management duo.

With all Burton's problems and their league position they would probably be happy if Jake resigned. Clough obviously has faith in Jake and work well together but it would depend on where his previous assistant is now.

It would be a popular choice with the fans except for the few usual critics
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:30 pm

sunray wrote:Beano:
Clough obviously rates him, so is a Clough/Buxton management team possible

That would be a dream long term management duo.

With all Burton's problems and their league position they would probably be happy if Jake resigned. Clough obviously has faith in Jake and work well together but it would depend on where his previous assistant is now.

It would be a popular choice with the fans except for the few usual critics

I don’t think any fans would really have a problem with that at all.

I don’t really recall anyone having a problem with coughlan either.

Not stating Clough would be the same obv, but clearly the ability to tell the future isn’t our strong point
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:01 am

Let's have Jake back so he can relegate us to the conference twice.... ;)
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:52 am

Captain Cunno wrote:Let's have Jake back so he can relegate us to the conference twice.... ;)

spot on

you stick ta Burton & don’t even think you are welcomed back .....laugh at that as you did when you relegated us :twisted:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby x-type » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:35 am

Buxton might be touting returning if Burton fail to win today he will probably be experiencing the same fate as Coughlan
Couldn’t care less what level he’s played at, in management terms their league position doesn’t lie
x-type
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amberheart » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:15 am

Forgive & forget life’s too short
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:29 am

Amberheart wrote:Forgive & forget life’s too short

No sorry, watched him giggle away as he came back to pick his boots up when he relegated us, then leave like rats leaving a sinking ship only Jonathan D'Laryea stayed to try and put right when they did & good on him
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:38 am

Its onky football.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:19 am

oldweststander wrote:Its onky football.

Is that a new style? I’d give owt a go at the moment :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Herts Stag » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:31 am

Forgive me, but my memory of this hatred of Bucko stems from his comments defending the team from the crap and vitriol dished out by supporters on here and from the terraces at the players. He gave it back and it wasn't liked. The treatment he got and still gets, to me was unwarranted. He dared to speak out. What was wrong with that?
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum