{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Adam Murray

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Adam Murray

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:14 pm

Yes of course Hayden White too, still that's now up to 2 players out of all the signings he made is still not good.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:20 am

And Mellis and Maaca...

Back to point. Murrays fledgling managerial career looks a lot more promising than JDs.

I've met Adam several times he's a great lad. He's funny, charming and intelligent, even shrewd. As a player, you always noticed him. He was never invisible and always involved even when he was playing badly. A rare and commendable trait.

He will always get people to work hard for him because he's a passionate bloke. This takes you far in life. It's the ability to get the best out of people, staff and players alike.

The only blemish on his record is his Paul Cox mutiny, which we don't know much about.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:03 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:And Mellis and Maaca...

Back to point. Murrays fledgling managerial career looks a lot more promising than JDs.

I've met Adam several times he's a great lad. He's funny, charming and intelligent, even shrewd. As a player, you always noticed him. He was never invisible and always involved even when he was playing badly. A rare and commendable trait.

He will always get people to work hard for him because he's a passionate bloke. This takes you far in life. It's the ability to get the best out of people, staff and players alike.

The only blemish on his record is his Paul Cox mutiny, which we don't know much about.

Eh????
Murray's fledgling managerial post was here and it was the worst football in my 45 seasons of attending and that includes Boam and Jones.

Twas the only time in the warmer months I started to nod off in my seat.

Twas also the one and only time I pulled up on Matlock Avenue as he was talking through his team selection of 7-8 defenders, so I went home as really couldn't stomach the most boring negative football in 45 years, talk about over thinking it.

Another 'nice chap' totally out his depth!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:52 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Eh????
Murray's fledgling managerial post was here and it was the worst football in my 45 seasons of attending and that includes Boam and Jones.

Twas also the one and only time I pulled up on Matlock Avenue as he was talking through his team selection of 7-8 defenders, so I went home as really couldn't stomach the most boring negative football in 45 years, talk about over thinking it.

Short term memory loss or what... Worst football in 45 years? Murray got an average side playing quite well and got us up to 4th for a large part of his first proper season... the club should have backed him. It was far better than anything we saw in the conference.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:11 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Eh????

Short term memory loss or what... Worst football in 45 years? Murray got an average side playing quite well and got us up to 4th for a large part of his first proper season... the club should have backed him. It was far better than anything we saw in the conference.

I must have missed that 1st game of the season!!!!
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:51 am

Wasn't Murray's season te one where we tried to "break even" financially. Then the budget was increased once Steve Evans came on board.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:47 am

gazza1988 wrote:Wasn't Murray's season te one where we tried to "break even" financially. Then the budget was increased once Steve Evans came on board.

Don't make excuses for him, the turgid defensive pap was unforgivable :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:14 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Eh????

Dunno about that WC - Palmer's stint saw more negatives than Max Spielmann & less penetration than a eunuch. I remember County away being so dull the fans had to provide the entertainment! ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Sheffieldstag » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:16 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Eh????

Blimey, there was some god awful stuff in the 90's that I saw!
Sheffieldstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Kenwood » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:28 pm

Murray’s problem was he wasn’t given the kind of budget given to the likes of Evans & Flitcroft and even Dempster who was allowed to bring the likes of Maynard & Cook.

Once Murray found himself in the bottom half of league 2 the pressure and not wanting to risk the clubs league status, having played a massive part in regaining it caused him to take fewer and fewer risks resulting in more negative tactics.

I think Murray has it in him to be a success at football management and wish him well.

His signings while at Mansfield have been a lot more successful than the two previous more experienced managers and certainly a lot cheaper
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:40 pm

The playing budget had already been cut to around £800,000 when Paul Cox was in charge at the start of 2014-2015 and when Adam Murray took over in November 2014. JR had started to cut the budget in January 2014 when we signed nobody in the transfer window. This probably coincided with the FCA investigation of One Call where John and One Call were fined over £1 million. However the good honest lads did their fighting, scratching and biting and got us up to 11th on 60 points (11 points off play offs). The budget was probably increased the following year as Adam Murray signed Matt Green back from Birmingham City and he was on decent money.

The spending on wages did definitely increase when Steve Evans arrived. I always thought Adam Murray did a decent job overall as manager but he lost the fans with the the disappointing home performances.

Total Wages for Club (including non playing staff)
2011-2012: £1,344,256 (Paul Cox finished 3rd in National League)
2012-2013: £2,328,070 (Paul Cox won National League)
2013-2014: £2,071,080 (Paul Cox finished 11th in League 2)
2014-2015: £1,486,334 (Paul Cox and Adam Murray finished 21st in League 2)
2015-2016: £1,464,626 (Adam Murray finished 12th in League 2)
2016-2017: £1,884,466 (Adam Murray/Steve Evans finished 12th in League 2)
2017-2018: £3,200,441 (Estimated) (£1,600,221 for 6 months from 1st July to 31st December 2017). (Steve Evans/David Flitcroft finished 8th)

Note: These wages will include the employer's national insurance contributions of around 13.8%
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:43 pm

This team needs to learn how to bite & scratch too
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:00 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The playing budget had already been cut to around £800,000 when Paul Cox was in charge at the start of 2014-2015 and when Adam Murray took over in November 2014. JR had started to cut the budget in January 2014 when we signed nobody in the transfer window. This probably coincided with the FCA investigation of One Call where John and One Call were fined over £1 million. However the good honest lads did their fighting, scratching and biting and got us up to 11th on 60 points (11 points off play offs). The budget was probably increased the following year as Adam Murray signed Matt Green back from Birmingham City and he was on decent money.

The spending on wages did definitely increase when Steve Evans arrived. I always thought Adam Murray did a decent job overall as manager but he lost the fans with the the disappointing home performances.

Total Wages for Club (including non playing staff)
2011-2012: £1,344,256 (Paul Cox finished 3rd in National League)
2012-2013: £2,328,070 (Paul Cox won National League)
2013-2014: £2,071,080 (Paul Cox finished 11th in League 2)
2014-2015: £1,486,334 (Paul Cox and Adam Murray finished 21st in League 2)
2015-2016: £1,464,626 (Adam Murray finished 12th in League 2)
2016-2017: £1,884,466 (Adam Murray/Steve Evans finished 12th in League 2)
2017-2018: £3,200,441 (Estimated) (£1,600,221 for 6 months from 1st July to 31st December 2017). (Steve Evans/David Flitcroft finished 8th)

Note: These wages will include the employer's national insurance contributions of around 13.8%

Good research there !!!

Not use to factual information on stagsnet :lol:
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:58 pm

So in real terms there was a big wage cut for Paul Cox and Adam Murray compared to the later incumbents.

It certainly makes their records and achievements look better.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:26 pm

Manager Win Ratio

Freddie Steele 50.9%
Paul Cox 48.4%
Harry Martin 48.0%
Dave Smith 46.8%
Steve Evans 45.3%
Peter Morris 45.2%
Tommy Cummings 43.4%
Raich Carter 43.2%
Charlie Mitten 43.1%
Jack Hickling 42.6%
David Holdsworth 41.7%
Keith Curle 40.5%
George Jobey 40.0%
Harry Parkes 39.7%
Harry Wightman 38.9%
David Flitcroft 37.9%
Steve Parkin 37.8%
Stan Mercer 36.2%
Stuart Watkiss 35.7%
Tommy Eggleston 35.5%
Danny Williams 34.9%
Billy Dearden 34.2%
Duncan Russell 33.3%
Ian Greaves 33.2%
George Foster 32.8%
Mick Jones 32.6%
Andy King 32.2%
Stuart Boam 31.9%
Adam Murray 31.9%
Billy McEwan 31.8%
Roy Goodall 31.8%
Jack Poole 31.7%
Carlton Palmer 31.0%
Paul Holland 30.8%
Peter Shirtliff 30.5%
Jock Basford 27.5%
Sam Weaver 27.4%
Billy Bingham 26.7%
Charles Bell 25.0%
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:50 pm

A last minute equaliser by Cauley Woodrow gives Adam Murray's Barnsley a point against Bristol City after being 2-0 down. It's P4 W0 D3 L1 now for Adam in The Championship. Includes draws against three top 6 sides in Swansea City, West Brom and Bristol City. Average age of team 22/23.

Note to JD: 3 out of 4 goals were from set pieces (2 corners and 1 free kick).
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:30 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:A last minute equaliser by Cauley Woodrow gives Adam Murray's Barnsley a point against Bristol City after being 2-0 down. It's P4 W0 D3 L1 now for Adam in The Championship. Includes draws against three top 6 sides in Swansea City, West Brom and Bristol City. Average age of team 22/23.

Do you mean a note about the p poor set piece defending, like us last week????
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:59 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:A last minute equaliser by Cauley Woodrow gives Adam Murray's Barnsley a point against Bristol City after being 2-0 down. It's P4 W0 D3 L1 now for Adam in The Championship. Includes draws against three top 6 sides in Swansea City, West Brom and Bristol City. Average age of team 22/23.

He's getting the best out of a bad bunch, they got rid of their best players in the summer and didn't replace them. If h can get a first win he might end up staying and trying to keep them up
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum