{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster interview & Sky Sports highlights

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dempster interview & Sky Sports highlights

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:48 pm

After watching the highlights it’s a really great cushioned header down by cook for the goal well done youth, credit where credits deserved
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:07 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:After watching the highlights it’s a really great cushioned header down by cook for the goal well done youth, credit where credits deserved

I agree. I thought there was a case for starting with Cook together with Rose/Maynard.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:01 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:After watching the highlights it’s a really great cushioned header down by cook for the goal well done youth, credit where credits deserved

I agree. I thought there was a case for starting with Cook together with Rose/Maynard.

Rose has had a good start to the season, but I would like to see Cook start with Maynard in the near future. They were our two key signings and we haven’t seen it yet for one reason or another. If we can get them pair playing and firing it will be a huge help to us. Maynard just needs that chance to fall to him, I don’t think he’s guilty of missing any guilt edge chances recently. Playing with Cook may work for him and see a few more chances fall his way.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:23 pm

Given recent injuries Cook and Maynard may need to be eased back, they should get good game time on Tuesday.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:28 pm

Good game management from Macca after the goal. They're all in a huddle, celebrating and he shouts "stay here! stay here! stay here!" :lol:

ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:10 am

ParisStag wrote:Good game management from Macca after the goal. They're all in a huddle, celebrating and he shouts "stay here! stay here! stay here!" :lol:

I noticed that too. Very good.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:05 pm

Maynard's vision & first touch are miles ahead of anything else at the club
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:56 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Maynard's vision & first touch are miles ahead of anything else at the club

Said on other threads I'd love to see Cook up front unsettling defenders with his presence and style of play with Maynard and Danny Rose just behind him but that reduces the midfield by one!. Really would hope Danny could find the skills to be a link pin between midfield and the two up front. What a forward line that would be.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby pemill » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:51 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Maynard's vision & first touch are miles ahead of anything else at the club

Said on other threads I'd love to see Cook up front unsettling defenders with his presence and style of play with Maynard and Danny Rose just behind him but that reduces the midfield by one!. Really would hope Danny could find the skills to be a link pin between midfield and the two up front. What a forward line that would be.

And there lies a problem with Danny Rose, very one dimensional unless he's got it in his locker but doesn't let it out.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum