{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Codheads scorefred sponsered by poor timing

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Codheads scorefred sponsered by poor timing

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:23 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:They should see the stats. (BBC Sport)

We had more possession, we made more shots, and conceded fewer fouls than them.

We didn’t have more possession.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:39 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:They should see the stats. (BBC Sport)

We had more possession, we made more shots, and conceded fewer fouls than them.

We didn’t have more possession.

My mistake. Let’s swap possession for goals, eh?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:53 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Jamie wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Opinions eh, who'd have em?

I do, AWC - much to the annoyance of some on here!

Wow, irony alert...

At least you've started to actually give an opinion occasionally these days even though 99.9% of your posts contain no opinion what so ever.

Jamie, good morning. Do me a favour please - show me the rules that state that my posts HAVE to contain opinion. Show me the regulation that outlaws ribaldry, satire, irony, sarcasm and wit. Like paying my taxes, I will follow society’s rules. Thank you.

Too right edders ,there are far too many tactical genius,s on here ,boring as a empty glass most of them ,think irony or wit is beyond most of them
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:29 pm

My opinion is, it took me 10 games to come to the conclusion that were are a poor side with poorly conditioned players. One win with a goal in the 96min has not changed that but it gives me the opportunity to believe things might be on the up?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:42 pm

oldweststander wrote:My opinion is, it took me 10 games to come to the conclusion that were are a poor side with poorly conditioned players. One win with a goal in the 96min has not changed that but it gives me the opportunity to believe things might be on the up?

I witnessed in the Stags performance yesterday something that seemed to be in short supply in the games prior. Namely - GRIT.

It was by no means a pretty game but it was a CLEAN SHEET and, in our position, winning “ugly” will do for me.

If we can keep the defensive determination we had a Grimsby, and if we can knock a few goals in from open play, AND if we can keep 11 yellow shirts on the park throughout the game, then we have every chance of making the progress we all crave.

BTW, I had been one of those who previously felt that JD might not have “the dressing room”.
There was absolutely no evidence of this at Blundell Park, yesterday.

Macca’s not a world class player, but if the whole team played with his energy and determination then we’d be nigh-on unstoppable. Unarguably MOM.

:coys:
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:50 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Didn’t White get sent off at Grimsby before?

Yeah, he did. 2nd yellow for verbally abusing the ref.

No one on the way home to Mansfield believed me ..... they were watching Evans getting chased out the stand by a mob of Grimsby fans at the time, Evans having been sent off himself.

We lost 3-0.
Reg Holdsworth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby wink68 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:10 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
oldweststander wrote:My opinion is, it took me 10 games to come to the conclusion that were are a poor side with poorly conditioned players. One win with a goal in the 96min has not changed that but it gives me the opportunity to believe things might be on the up?

I witnessed in the Stags performance yesterday something that seemed to be in short supply in the games prior. Namely - GRIT.

It was by no means a pretty game but it was a CLEAN SHEET and, in our position, winning “ugly” will do for me.

If we can keep the defensive determination we had a Grimsby, and if we can knock a few goals in from open play, AND if we can keep 11 yellow shirts on the park throughout the game, then we have every chance of making the progress we all crave.

BTW, I had been one of those who previously felt that JD might not have “the dressing room”.

Macca’s not a world class player, but if the whole team played with his energy and determination then we’d be nigh-on unstoppable. Unarguably MOM.

If
If
If
If
If we still had last seasons manager we might be top of the league.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:17 pm

wink68 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

If
If
If
If

You know, I believe you are correct.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:19 pm

wink68 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

If
If
If
If

Don't think so. Flitcroft never got them fighting like that or we would have been promoted with games to spare. Right decision to sack him, jury is still out on his replacement but definitely happier after yesterday's performance.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:30 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Could this be because Mellis was nowhere near the 18 man squad.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:40 pm

Reg Holdsworth wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Didn’t White get sent off at Grimsby before?

Yeah, he did. 2nd yellow for verbally abusing the ref.

No one on the way home to Mansfield believed me ..... they were watching Evans getting chased out the stand by a mob of Grimsby fans at the time, Evans having been sent off himself.

We lost 3-0.

https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... atchid=847
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:40 pm

wink68 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

If
If
If
If

Do you not remember the second half of last season? It was atrocious the way we threw away promotion. I wanted DF to stay in the summer, but looking back it was absolutely criminal how we didn't achieve our goal. To say we'd be top under him is a massive guess.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:52 pm

Hayden White must hate Blundell Park
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:58 pm

Spiritater wrote:bout time a fred master took controls again

I thought the fredder was brilliant
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:29 pm

the fred's in your personal care for the moment, look after it. ooh btw we've game tues, so don't let t'fred overlay.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:47 pm

Given we've conceded a few late goals this season it's fantastic to get one of our own.

Are we starting to see an improvement in fitness given Broughton has been in the role for a weeks now and it usually take a few weeks for fitness to kick in?

Guess Oldham will be the yard stick.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:11 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Given we've conceded a few late goals this season it's fantastic to get one of our own.

Are we starting to see an improvement in fitness given Broughton has been in the role for a weeks now and it usually take a few weeks for fitness to kick in?

Guess Oldham will be the yard stick.

More grit yesterday, not better fitness I would say. That is a mentality thing.
By the way, Drewe Broughton was away most of last week, and on Saturday, and for the next couple of days, according to his instagram and facebook. Presumably pre-arranged.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:37 pm

Drewe's basic fitness advice seems to be that you run until you can't breathe and then you run some more and then you get the ball and pass it. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:01 am

by eck some very salty Cod heads on their message board about our performance sat, worst Stags side ever, total gamesmanship, thugs, bully boy tactics, cloggers, etc etc Booo Hooo thanks for the three points cry babies
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:26 pm

First half we were poor, Second half we were loads better, seem to find more space. Poor from Hayden, clear red card for me.
Also big credit to Macca, he was outstanding.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:18 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:by eck some very salty Cod heads on their message board about our performance sat, worst Stags side ever, total gamesmanship, thugs, bully boy tactics, cloggers, etc etc Booo Hooo thanks for the three points cry babies

Just what we want to read ,if they hate us its because we have just done them ,perfect
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum