{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Codheads scorefred sponsered by poor timing

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Codheads scorefred sponsered by poor timing

Postby mousemousemouse » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:12 pm

Dempster said he didn’t think it was a bad challenge based on real time viewing, just for the record
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Grendon Stag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:28 am

mousemousemouse wrote:Dempster said he didn’t think it was a bad challenge based on real time viewing, just for the record

No and neither did I at the time.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:33 am

Bol8ngey Stag wrote:Great Win today thought Macca was excellent.One things for sure these players are with the manager they battled when went down to 10 and I thought the substitutions won us the game well done JD!

Your for it don’t say Macca played well ,woody will not hear of it .
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:49 am

Spiritater wrote:strangely not one post on the fred since krys bagged from chrisuknottm. i said on another thread there'd be some praying we'd lose. bet he's busy stickin pins in a voodoo doll of krys now. not even a well done :oops:

Posted on other threads mate. If you think a 96th minute great winner changes everything about JD you're deluded. I said it was a great win and fantastic result for the team. I've repeatedly said I support the team and club but hold a personal view that this manager isn't the right appointment.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:09 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Spiritater wrote:strangely not one post on the fred since krys bagged from chrisuknottm. i said on another thread there'd be some praying we'd lose. bet he's busy stickin pins in a voodoo doll of krys now. not even a well done :oops:

Posted on other threads mate. If you think a 96th minute great winner changes everything about JD you're deluded. I said it was a great win and fantastic result for the team. I've repeatedly said I support the team and club but hold a personal view that this manager isn't the right appointment.

but deep down you were hoping we'd lose...right?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:39 am

Give it a rest tater. You can want a change in manager and it doesn't make you any less of a supporter or mean you automatically want the team to fail. I'm in the same boat. I want Demps to do well and be successful, do I think he will... No. But I was still jumping round the front room like a nutter when KP scored yesterday.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:53 am

I don't know what the commentary was like and it was a scrappy match but there was a difference in the performance yesterday. The team fought better and actually seemed to play to a plan.

The whole team had that never say die siege mentality which is never easy at Grimsby even at the best of times. It's ok saying it was only a 96th minute winner but I think you had to be there to appreciate the change in the side and the attitudes within it.

I am much more confident that we can turn it around but at the same time I'm cautious not to get carried away.. Give JD and the team a bit of credit and don't pull them down with negativity, especially if you didn't go and witness it for yourselves.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:05 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I don't know what the commentary was like and it was a scrappy match but there was a difference in the performance yesterday. The team fought better and actually seemed to play to a plan.

The whole team had that never say die siege mentality which is never easy at Grimsby even at the best of times. It's ok saying it was only a 96th minute winner but I think you had to be there to appreciate the change in the side and the attitudes within it.

I am much more confident that we can turn it around but at the same time I'm cautious not to get carried away.. Give JD and the team a bit of credit and don't pull them down with negativity, especially if you didn't go and witness it for yourselves.

Having a plan and scapping for the win will get a lot of results at this level.
It's what been absent in the games I've seen so far. Let's hope they keep it up.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:13 am

daddycool wrote:
Bol8ngey Stag wrote:Great Win today thought Macca was excellent.One things for sure these players are with the manager they battled when went down to 10 and I thought the substitutions won us the game well done JD!

Your for it don’t say Macca played well ,woody will not hear of it .

I can't comment on yesterday as unfortunately due to a family wedding I couldn't be there but it's a matter of opinion and how you view a game. He was MOM last week for many on here where as I thought he was the usual 100 per cent committed but of little quality.
At Port Vale we actually played football, controlled the game for once and its no coincidence that he wasn't playing, he's not good enough in my humble opinion of course.
Last edited by Parkinsons Perm on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:36 am

mousemousemouse wrote:Dempster said he didn’t think it was a bad challenge based on real time viewing, just for the record

Whatever. It was a stupid and unnecessary tackle that didn’t really give the referee a choice.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:37 am

Opinions eh, who'd have em?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:45 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:Opinions eh, who'd have em?

I do, AWC - much to the annoyance of some on here!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:50 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Wow, irony alert...

At least you've started to actually give an opinion occasionally these days even though 99.9% of your posts contain no opinion what so ever.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:06 am

That 3 points in just reward for the first half performance against Cambridge, the performance at Port Vale and the performance against Plymouth. It's amazing what a win can do for morale and belief.

I've got mixed feelings about Tuesday's game as I don't think it's a game we should necessarily be that bothered about but now we've got that win we've deserved should be looking at getting another win, especially since it's at home?
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:35 am

White slid in and kicked the ball into the shins of the Grimsby player and then slid though studs showing through the same player. Hard to spot, even slowed down. But he does get the ball and the player. In real time, from the refs perspective I can see how he thought it was a late dangerous tackle but he made a genuine attempt to clear the ball but it was cleared against a Grimsby play so the ref perhaps thought he didn't get the ball.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:47 am

Didn’t White get sent off at Grimsby before?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:18 am

I've been one of thr biggest critics of John Dempster on here and on Facebook, and can't believe he kept his job after the Cambridge game. I even wondered if I wanted us to get beat yesterday to see him gone, but obviously not as I was jumping round the room when KP scored. Credit where its due. WELL DONE JOHN. We showed hard work and resilience at a tough place to go. Can we do the same next week and add some decent football and dominate a poor side at Field Mill. Don't want him to fail but still need to up our performance. Hopefully yesterday was that corner we've been turning all season.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:40 am

Jamie wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Wow, irony alert...

At least you've started to actually give an opinion occasionally these days even though 99.9% of your posts contain no opinion what so ever.

Jamie, good morning. Do me a favour please - show me the rules that state that my posts HAVE to contain opinion. Show me the regulation that outlaws ribaldry, satire, irony, sarcasm and wit. Like paying my taxes, I will follow society’s rules. Thank you.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:43 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Didn’t White get sent off at Grimsby before?

He was subbed at half time by Steve Evans on Boxing Day in 2017 after losing the ball trying to dribble out of defence. This resulted in Mitch Rose scoring for Grimsby. He was replaced by Rhys Bennett. Lee Angol equalised for the Stags as a sub in the 80th minute.

https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... atchid=902
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:14 pm

The reaction from the Grimsby fans. They seem to be blaming:
- the ref
- Mansfield kicking Max Wright off the pitch
- Matt Green having a poor game as sub
- the ref
- over reliance on hoofing it up to Hanson
- not creating enough chances
- failure to break teams down at home
- time wasting, diving and general shithousery by Mansfield
- poor set pieces :lol: ; and
- the ref

“We just didn’t create any chances. We are much better when we can counter. At home when we have to break teams down we struggle. Doesn’t help when the quality of crosses into the box are woeful, and the delivery from free kicks especially was terrible. We never seem to have enough players in the box either. Max Wright going off and the change of formation was a turning point and Green was especially ineffective.”

“We went downhill the moment Wright got subbed. Green was the wrong sub today should have been Rose, like for like pace not to mention Green was excrement today no other words for it. We started bright, a mix of short quick passes and direct balls. Once Wright went off it went downhill, Green coming on didn't work and the adjustments to our shape/positioning didn't work.”

“This perfectly sums it up for me, as angry as I was at the ref through the game and livid at time wasting Mansfield. I feel we could've done more to win that, though I wouldn't say it was a bad performance by us. Just that we could've been more inventive. Felt like we were hoofing it up to Hanson when we should've been playing it out from the back, and then bizarrely playing it out from the back when we absolutely should've been hoofing it up to Hanson. Feel like our set pieces have gone downhill from the start of the season and we seem to line up the same way for every corner and free kick and make things easy for the other team. And last of all I don't really want to attack Green but feel like it was unfair on Ogbu to have to move out wide to make way for him when he came on.”

“Mansfield - well have to say they had a plan, stuck to it and it won them the points. Defend, disrupt the game, waste time, gamesmanship and hope for something. After the first 20 mins they never looked troubled.

Us - bright start, disallowed goal….looked offside to me at the time, Hanson wasted his one on one when I thought the keeper had gone out too early and given him plenty of opportunity to lob him but fell wide. After that we just fell victim to the ref and Mansfield's approach, giving them the opportunity to fall over by leaving our legs in shoving and giving the ref the opportunity to blow. After they went down to ten men we never took advantage and looked clueless....I hold Jolley responsible for that, we still had a back four despite them sitting all the men behind the ball, we still brought all players back for corners and free kicks, hardly stretched them at all when in possession and they seemed to have so much more time and space when down to ten, picked up every second ball near enough. The more we laboured the more the eventual result looked likely, when Cook came on I thought it was set for him to score it...but what a delivery on that free kick.......how many free kicks and corners did we have in comparison without anything like a dangerous ball in ?”

“They did not deserve to win that but Bishop and Andy Cook at the end were a No swearing. disgrace. They nearly caused a riot in the Lower Findus and it went on for some time. Macca tried to prevent Bishop from mouthing and gesturing to the Town fans but Andy Cook, . got into him he, he was going beserk??? considering he was ex gtfc and he hadn't been on the pitch long.

They mugged us got rid of our best threat and their spoiling tactics caused us to lose control. It was very ugly and ill tempered made worse by an incompetent ref who completely lost control of the game. Hanson usually had three men mugging him at every set piece. Ogbu and Green were getting fouled constantly. We lost our discipline and second half despite them having only ten men (and the ref). Did not have anywhere near as much possession as the first half. They did a real thug job on us in one of the most ill tempered games I have ever seen. I hope Max is ok. He gets roughed up regularly but I guess that is the price for being good in the lower leagues.”

“Their shithouse tactics worked, aided and abetted by a truly incompetent referee and our own ineptitude. Mansfield are a horrible team who were there for the taking and we weren't nearly good enough to beat them.”

“Shocking reffing, shocking performance from Green,(every attack broke down at his feet) we had little going forward once Wright had been kicked out of the game”

“Very poor game the worst Mansfield side I’ve seen for a long time. Town where shocking in the second half why can we not pass the ball more than 3 times. And just lumping the ball in the box for Hanson very poor from Town and MJ today.”

“I could never support a team that resorts to the tactics that Mansfield employed today, even if it resulted in a win. When are we going to a get a ref, how has the balls and not give a free kick every time a player goes to ground, its a contact sport, or is it. Their diving coach Tom Daley, must have been busy during this week training sessions. I normal say fair play to a opposition that beats us, but not today. I forgot that Mansfield once employed Evans, says it all about the club.”
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:24 pm

A lovely read. Bitter Grimsby fans that couldn't score against 10 men out of form Mansfield :D
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:28 pm

Wow, you wrote all that by speaking to Grimsby Fans?
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:32 pm

Very gracious in defeat. :?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:34 pm

They conveniently forget their constant fouling every time we looked to break and catch them on the counter. If the ref had given the yellow cards he should have, they would have finished with eight men. The very cynical and dangerous foul on CJ at the end summed up the Grimsby attitude during the whole match. They didn't want to get involved in strong tackling but saw nothing wrong with Mardy pull backs from behind.

Before the game, I thought they may be strong candidates for promotion this year but now realise they have no real skill to offer and are just a big bunch without real muscle. Mid table for them.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:13 pm

They should see the stats. (BBC Sport)

We had more possession, we made more shots, and conceded fewer fouls than them.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum