{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Macclesfield Town Staff and Players Not Paid Wages

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Macclesfield Town Staff and Players Not Paid Wages

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:33 pm

Macclesfield Town staff and players have not been paid their wages for September.

How were Macclesfield allowed to sign more players pre-season when they still owed money to 4 or 5 players for last season? The EFL should give them a deadline to pay staff and players in full otherwise points will be deducted. If they have not paid their staff and players in full by the end of the season then they should be automatically relegated to the National League.

The players and staff have issued the following statement:

"We as players and staff at MTFC regret to inform that last seasons issues regarding payment of wages to ourselves and staff have re-occured once again.

Saddened by the new of Bury and Bolton's staff and players we feel the need to release this statement before we find ourselves in a similar situation. With not directly involving the EFL with last seasons non payment of wages, we are now pleading with the EFL to help Macclesfield Town as a football club to not end up in the same position as what Bury found themselves in.

As players and staff we remain committed and professional to honour our contracts under these extremely difficult circumstances for ourselves and our families."

https://www.fansonline.net/macclesfield ... ?id=195480

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... mber-wages
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Re: Macclesfield Town Staff and Players Not Paid Wages

Postby Jimstag » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:44 pm

Doesn’t look good but also hardly a surprise.

With one relegation place and these troubles it’s worth taking the risk of admin and a points deduction to try and solve the issues.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby jimdadstag » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:48 pm

Sol Campbell knows when to get out a raspberry club
Its only my opinion,deal with it!
jimdadstag
First Team
First Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:51 am

The fear that the EFL have now is if Macclesfield go bust they will appear to look incompetent, have no control or direction over their competition, have dragged their feet on governance reform and this will impact upon sponsors and income streams. The fact that, as far as I am aware, the EFL have not issued a statement saying they are grasping this problem club and working with them to enable a stable footing speaks volumes. They may not be able to, within the current rules, assist, but they could gain knowledge on how unscrupulous owners operate with a view to ensuring it doesn’t happen again.

Will they care about the players, supporters, local communities or indeed football itself? Not until the Championship forms its own breakaway Prem 2 competition and they realise that they have allowed their completion and it’s member clubs (our clubs) to become even more of an after thought.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:56 am

however if they do kick um out that nobody getting relegated isn’t it?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:12 pm

What a farce no relegation would be. They should make the losing conference play off finalist play against the side who finished bottom of the league winner plays league 2 football next season. Unless the losing one is county :lol:

On a more serious note. The EFL have to be really careful. They give Macclesfield the help they didn't give Bury and Bolton, then Bury could contest their expulsion. They don't and Macclesfield hit the wall then it shows their incompetence. Wouldn't want to be in their shoes.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:45 am

I know people may argue the Premiership is different from the EFL But surely when a team finishes at the bottom of the Premiership the £90 million they receive is ridiculous when you see other teams that run their club correctly but struggle each season to keep going.

Something surely must be done to push more money down the footballing pyramid.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:20 am

SINA STAG wrote:I know people may argue the Premiership is different from the EFL But surely when a team finishes at the bottom of the Premiership the £90 million they receive is ridiculous when you see other teams that run their club correctly but struggle each season to keep going.

It’s fair that the money should cascade down the pyramid more evenly.

But then has fairness ever trumped rampant greed?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:14 am

The TV deal package is for the teams in the division, ie premier League teams. Why is it fair that clubs that are not in the premier League benefit from that, especially clubs that are so far removed from the dizzy heights of the premiership. This isn't 'grass roots', this is other professional clubs, that should operate as a business you're referring to.

It's like saying you want Samsung to pay Edwinstowe Electronics, both of who produce mobile phones, just because Samsung make more money than Edwinstowe Electronics. Essentially because Samsung has a global reach, and Edwinstowe Electronics dont.

I Agree that clubs in L2 could do with a leg up ever now and again, but if a safety net from premiership TV rights was implemented, I think you'd see more clubs attempting to go beyond their means on the knowledge that they've always got a fallback solution.

the whole thing about TV deals worth billions and clubs going to the wall for less than 100k tax bills stinks, but some kind of Robbin hood tax in this situation won't work.

The FA need to take a significant cut of lucrative TV deals and cascade the funds to clubs with worthwhile projects, like the Football Infrastructure Fund, so smaller clubs can, for instance, develop the Bishop Street at less constraint on the club. This then allows clubs to build platforms and infrastructure that can become cash generators of their own in the longer term. Teach a man to fish and all that.

Clubs in the football league should not have their viability underpinned by hand-me-downs. We should be rewarding well run clubs, not badly run clubs.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:22 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:I know people may argue the Premiership is different from the EFL But surely when a team finishes at the bottom of the Premiership the £90 million they receive is ridiculous when you see other teams that run their club correctly but struggle each season to keep going.

It’s fair that the money should cascade down the pyramid more evenly.

But then has fairness ever trumped rampant greed?

But even Greed comes with a price. But I do get your point Edders

Fat Cat 1 minnows 0
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:57 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:The TV deal package is for the teams in the division, ie premier League teams. Why is it fair that clubs that are not in the premier League benefit from that, especially clubs that are so far removed from the dizzy heights of the premiership. This isn't 'grass roots', this is other professional clubs, that should operate as a business you're referring to.

It's like saying you want Samsung to pay Edwinstowe Electronics, both of who produce mobile phones, just because Samsung make more money than Edwinstowe Electronics. Essentially because Samsung has a global reach, and Edwinstowe Electronics dont.

I Agree that clubs in L2 could do with a leg up ever now and again, but if a safety net from premiership TV rights was implemented, I think you'd see more clubs attempting to go beyond their means on the knowledge that they've always got a fallback solution.

the whole thing about TV deals worth billions and clubs going to the wall for less than 100k tax bills stinks, but some kind of Robbin hood tax in this situation won't work.

The FA need to take a significant cut of lucrative TV deals and cascade the funds to clubs with worthwhile projects, like the Football Infrastructure Fund, so smaller clubs can, for instance, develop the Bishop Street at less constraint on the club. This then allows clubs to build platforms and infrastructure that can become cash generators of their own in the longer term. Teach a man to fish and all that.

Clubs in the football league should not have their viability underpinned by hand-me-downs. We should be rewarding well run clubs, not badly run clubs.

A very good post awc and totally concur.

EFL and FA found wanting.....
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum