{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New Performance Coach - Drewe Broughton

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New Performance Coach - Drewe Broughton

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:52 pm

This appointment suggest that Dempster is staying for a bit as he has apportioned the blame for current league and form table on his staff.

I wish Dempsters boss could be as cut-throat.

The club is nose diving toward oblivion and is going to get ugly very soon.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:04 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:This appointment suggest that Dempster is staying for a bit as he has apportioned the blame for current league and form table on his staff.

Nose diving toward oblivion? Christ almighty what an overreaction.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:05 pm

Anyone know why Dan Ashby was fired?
He was sacked after DF left then re-instated, and now sacked again.

He videos the game and then provides video info for the post match analysis etc.
His video was the evidence which got Sweeney's red card rescinded against Exeter.

What has he got to do with our current plight?
Why him, the lad doesn't coach the bloody team, he videos the games
and lets the management see what's going on.

Any ideas, it seems unfair.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:06 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:This appointment suggest that Dempster is staying for a bit as he has apportioned the blame for current league and form table on his staff.

You could say those things about Bolton and Bury not long ago. But us? No chance we are 'nose diving towards oblivion'. What a stupid comment.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:07 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

Tell you what... He is a man who can influence things. A great public speaker. He would have been useful last season.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby NG17_stag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:08 pm

I watched the full 9 minutes of that interview. 8 minutes 30 seconds more than any Dempster interview. Give the bloke the dressing room tomorrow!
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:16 pm

NG17_stag wrote:I watched the full 9 minutes of that interview. 8 minutes 30 seconds more than any Dempster interview. Give the bloke the dressing room tomorrow!

Yeah, he's very engaging.

Not sure if it can stop the rot though.

If was a choice between getting him in or Dempster out I would have gone Dempster out, sorry, but good luck Drewe.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:23 pm

sw19stag wrote:Anyone know why Dan Ashby was fired?

He videos the game and then provides video info for the post match analysis etc.
His video was the evidence which got Sweeney's red card rescinded against Exeter.

It wasn’t his video which got Sweeney off the hook.

I assume part of his role will involve analysing opponents as well, and providing the necessary clips/info to the Management.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:24 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

I assume part of his role will involve analysing opponents as well, and providing the necessary clips/info to the Management.
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:39 pm

What do hope to achieve here? What should happen! This club straight up this year. Just get it done.

I like this guy. Seems like he's just straight talking and no BS.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:06 pm

Wow. He speaks so well. I'm really looking forward to tomorrows trip to Port Vale now and hoping we can turn the corner. If he's done that to me then hopefully the players are feeling uplifted too!!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:08 pm

Just watched the interview. Very impressed with what he had to say, a very engaging fella. Whilst I don’t think JD has what it takes, surrounding himself with people he trusts, and someone so seemingly impressive, can only be a good thing. Welcome Drewe.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:10 pm

Good interview.He always played well against us and nearly always scored.He is right when he says that the players look great in the short sided games but can't reproduce it on the pitch.Pressure affects many players and stops them from performing to the best of their ability.I have played many sports at a good level and seen better players than me unable to perform when they have to.Nearly men I call them.Go to any top golf tournament and watch the players on the practice ground they all strike the ball equally as well.When the pressure is on they are unable to step up.All the pro footballers can score a penalty in training but fail when the pressure is on.I hope Drewe gets the players to perform and we are successful and get promotion and shut up all these negative posters.As far as I am aware a season lasts 46 games lets see where we are with a few games to go.COYS.We have as good a squad of players as any team in this league.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:13 pm

Jamie wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:JD confirmed for rest of season

Not necessarily.. if results don't improve they will get rid.

Theyre just doing everything to get his managerial career going.

Not wishing to admit to their own mistake you mean? JD has already shown hes not got what it takes. Maybe more time will help but if that's the case the owner needs to take the pressure off him and stop talking about promotion.

If this is true, what happens if we dont win in the next 2/3/4 games and relegation starts to look on the cards. They'll have to act then anyway, only then they'll look even more clueless than they do already.

Shambles.

Relegation looks on the cards

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:32 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

I know the lad who does the same job at another club. He videos the games, but also studies all previous games of the opponents even if that means watching back pre-season friendlies. He cuts videos and highlights areas of strengths and weaknesses of the opponents. He also logs the performance data from those GPS bras that all players seem to have these days to obtain heart rate data and distance covered etc. He's also the guy who will get all the data on their penalty takers and which side they tend to go etc if it's required. He once told me that once he videos a game, he has to upload it to some computer programme that helps with analysis, and that can take a few hours after a game has finished.
He also told me that other clubs get in touch (he had calls from Murray when he was in charge of us) for videos of opponents they have played that their respective clubs have got coming up. It seems that all clubs tend to use the same sort of database for information and similar programmes etc.
His superior moved on to a job at Man City, so they were clearly doing very well at it.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:38 pm

stagmanrob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

I know the lad who does the same job at another club. He videos the games, but also studies all previous games of the opponents even if that means watching back pre-season friendlies. He cuts videos and highlights areas of strengths and weaknesses of the opponents. He also logs the performance data from those GPS bras that all players seem to have these days to obtain heart rate data and distance covered etc. He's also the guy who will get all the data on their penalty takers and which side they tend to go etc if it's required. He once told me that once he videos a game, he has to upload it to some computer programme that helps with analysis, and that can take a few hours after a game has finished.
He also told me that other clubs get in touch (he had calls from Murray when he was in charge of us) for videos of opponents they have played that their respective clubs have got coming up. It seems that all clubs tend to use the same sort of database for information and similar programmes etc.
His superior moved on to a job at Man City, so they were clearly doing very well at it.

He featured on the "Not the top 20" podcast a while back, if you can stand listening to his scouse accent.
How I got to know him was through betting circles which he mentions at the start of the podcast :lol:
Listen to Interview: Harry Jamieson, Head Performance Analyst (Scunthorpe United) by Not The Top 20 Podcast on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/ntt20pod/harry-j ... rpe-united
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:39 pm

stagmanrob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

That’s right Rob, most of the clubs use Wyscout I believe. There is a version that any person can pay for and a premium version for pro clubs.

You often see Pledger looking up to Ashby when the oppo makes a sub, as he will have all data on set pieces, for which player should be marking the incoming player.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:41 pm

So why sack him?
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:47 pm

sw19stag wrote:So why sack him?

Because they thought the analysis he was providing them on the opposition wasn’t good enough? A scapegoat for JD’s under performance?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:49 pm

Surprised the lad I know hasn't been made a scapegoat to be honest. Since his mentor went to City, Scunny have been in freefall :lol:

They've made some terrible decisions too mind you.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:22 pm

Just watched the interview.

What a brilliant bloke, wish him all the best and hope his enthusiasm and experience rubs off on the squad and club as a whole.

It was good to not hear any of the usual rubbish, a good, honest interview.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:23 pm

My word the knives are well and truly sharpened for JD. I can now understand why we as a club have so miserably failed to bring on any young`uns recently, it seems only brand name managers and players are good enough for the elite supporters of MTFC. It`s about time this club wised up and started to cut it`s cloth accordingly and lets hope JD gets the time and support to do just that.
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:45 pm

garlic wrote:My word the knives are well and truly sharpened for JD. I can now understand why we as a club have so miserably failed to bring on any young`uns recently, it seems only brand name managers and players are good enough for the elite supporters of MTFC. It`s about time this club wised up and started to cut it`s cloth accordingly and lets hope JD gets the time and support to do just that.

Course the knives are out, have you watched us this season?
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:17 pm

Wow I thought I’d stumbled on a Brexit forum for a minute. All the spoilt remoaners having a paddy because they didn’t get their own way. Jesus Christ some of you are like children. How about instead of moaning & groaning you actually GET BEHIND the manager of OUR football club & give him a chance fgs. At least if he does fail he’s had a fair crack at it. You lot let Flitcroft fail twice & still want him back yet JD has had 9(!) games & you’re all crying because he’s not been sacked.

Have a look down the A60 & see what sacking managers after 9 games does to you.

Some of you are an embarrassment & should be ashamed of yourselves. Call yourselves supporters? How about you start supporting rather than criticising. :twisted:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:40 pm

Dan wrote:Wow I thought I’d stumbled on a Brexit forum for a minute. All the spoilt remoaners having a paddy because they didn’t get their own way. Jesus Christ some of you are like children. How about instead of moaning & groaning you actually GET BEHIND the manager of OUR football club & give him a chance fgs. At least if he does fail he’s had a fair crack at it. You lot let Flitcroft fail twice & still want him back yet JD has had 9(!) games & you’re all crying because he’s not been sacked.

Have a look down the A60 & see what sacking managers after 9 games does to you.

Some of you are an embarrassment & should be ashamed of yourselves. Call yourselves supporters? How about you start supporting rather than criticising. :twisted:

First time Dan I disagree with you, you've been away too long up the road working, not having to watch the kak served up by a tactically inept, passionless, inanimate, uninspiring manager who's totally out his depth.(sounds like Ardley, perhaps you're used to it :lol: )

He's shown absolutely nothing to show us things will change
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum