{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New Performance Coach - Drewe Broughton

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New Performance Coach - Drewe Broughton

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:40 pm

Dan wrote:Wow I thought I’d stumbled on a Brexit forum for a minute. All the spoilt remoaners having a paddy because they didn’t get their own way. Jesus Christ some of you are like children. How about instead of moaning & groaning you actually GET BEHIND the manager of OUR football club & give him a chance fgs. At least if he does fail he’s had a fair crack at it. You lot let Flitcroft fail twice & still want him back yet JD has had 9(!) games & you’re all crying because he’s not been sacked.

Have a look down the A60 & see what sacking managers after 9 games does to you.

Some of you are an embarrassment & should be ashamed of yourselves. Call yourselves supporters? How about you start supporting rather than criticising. :twisted:

Calm down. Us supporters have every right to criticise the calamitous nature of Dempsters reign so far. He’s given us absolutely nothing to be excited about. Poor results, a very poor brand of football, poor fitness, no team identity, and he can’t even say that he’s given any of the youth lads a chance in the squad yet. All we can do is criticise the job he’s done so far.

You refer to possible parallels between us and County last year. I’d argue that NOT sacking Dempster sooner rather than later is more dangerous than sacking him now.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:51 pm

So he's the Wendy Rhodes of MTFC. Let's hope he can turn us into AxCap.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:54 pm

With all due respect, Dan hasn't been through the highs and lows that we all have. He doesn't go to Stags games, he works for County and cannot understand the emotion as we have seen it first hand whereas he hasn't seen the performance levels and how much they have dropped.

I am not calling for Dempster out yet but after what we have been served up so far and us being not far off a quarter of the way into the season, I would not blame any Stags fan for doing so.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:56 pm

I went to the Orient & Cambridge games (perhaps it’s my fault! :lol: ) and there were lots of positives in both games. We could’ve & should’ve been 3-0 up at half time in both games. I agree about questionable tactics/substitutions that maybe cost us in the Orient game but the Cambridge game he brought on 3 attacking players to try & win the game when we were down to ten men & 1-0 down. We’ve got to give him a chance to get it right. We can’t turn into a sacking club when we’ve not been one & we’ve been quite stable for years because of it.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:14 pm

Don't come again then if they're the two games, you're a bad omen :D :lol:
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:21 pm

Stoney wrote:Don't come again then if they're the two games, you're a bad omen :D :lol:

The next game I can get to is Salford but I’m going to avoid it on purpose :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:25 am

Is he going to be sat in the dug out Saturday or is he not allowed ?
if we signed him as a player and chose him as a sub he could run up and down the line encouraging players.
:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:10 am

chip63 wrote:Is he going to be sat in the dug out Saturday or is he not allowed ?
if we signed him as a player and chose him as a sub he could run up and down the line encouraging players.
:coys:

He's backroom staff, he will be allowed in the dugout no problem I'm sure.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:41 am

Dan wrote:I went to the Orient & Cambridge games (perhaps it’s my fault! :lol: ) and there were lots of positives in both games. We could’ve & should’ve been 3-0 up at half time in both games. I agree about questionable tactics/substitutions that maybe cost us in the Orient game but the Cambridge game he brought on 3 attacking players to try & win the game when we were down to ten men & 1-0 down. We’ve got to give him a chance to get it right. We can’t turn into a sacking club when we’ve not been one & we’ve been quite stable for years because of it.

I mentioned on page 2 a host of reasons why he’s had every chance to get it right so far, but what we’ve seen has been nothing of the sort. Just out of interest, how long would you leave him in the role Dan if we continue to linger around 18th place. The gap to the top 3 (our main aim), and even the playoffs (the fallback) will be growing if we don’t pick up immediately and we risk the season being a write off.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:56 am

Dan wrote:Wow I thought I’d stumbled on a Brexit forum for a minute. All the spoilt remoaners having a paddy because they didn’t get their own way. Jesus Christ some of you are like children. How about instead of moaning & groaning you actually GET BEHIND the manager of OUR football club & give him a chance fgs. At least if he does fail he’s had a fair crack at it. You lot let Flitcroft fail twice & still want him back yet JD has had 9(!) games & you’re all crying because he’s not been sacked.

Have a look down the A60 & see what sacking managers after 9 games does to you.

Some of you are an embarrassment & should be ashamed of yourselves. Call yourselves supporters? How about you start supporting rather than criticising. :twisted:

You sound like a raging brexiteer, wanting to stick with something that based on all available evidence will be an obvious disaster :lol:

See what I did there ;)
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:59 am

very impressive interview, he talks the talk, let’s see if he walks the walk now
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:15 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:are there any broughtons that don't work for the stags? :lol:

Yes me and my brother
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:43 am

:mexican_wave: :mexican_wave: Let’s just see what happens at Vale Park. It could be our “launch pad”
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:43 am

Bros wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:are there any broughtons that don't work for the stags? :lol:

Yes me and my brother

Do you two know basic tactics and gee up techniques, if yes you've got the job. You can be our Cowleys
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:48 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote::mexican_wave: :mexican_wave: Let’s just see what happens at Vale Park. It could be our “launch pad”

Stop making out you're positive, you can't even be rsed to go
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:49 am

Nepotism is live and well!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:50 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote::mexican_wave: :mexican_wave: Let’s just see what happens at Vale Park. It could be our “launch pad”

I will be the yellow one, second from the right, thank you very much.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:51 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Yes on here, not Vale Park
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:53 am

Great interview but I'm staggered that the appointment of Mr Broughton has somehow made JD a manager not facing dismissal. It doesn't hide the appalling managerial career of someone promoted beyond his ability. Didn't the 4 nil defeat to Cambridge happen on top of everything else?
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:57 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:Great interview but I'm staggered that the appointment of Mr Broughton has somehow made JD a manager not facing dismissal. It doesn't hide the appalling managerial career of someone promoted beyond his ability. Didn't the 4 nil defeat to Cambridge happen on top of everything else?

Remember Cloughie? He gets credited with all the glory, however without Taylor, there would have been hardly any of it.
Every decent manager has very good backroom staff. Maybe that’s what needs to happen here.
I’m not saying Dempster is or is going to be decent but with the right help he might be.
Just a thought. It might not work, but worth a shot imo.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:00 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:Great interview but I'm staggered that the appointment of Mr Broughton has somehow made JD a manager not facing dismissal. It doesn't hide the appalling managerial career of someone promoted beyond his ability. Didn't the 4 nil defeat to Cambridge happen on top of everything else?

The jury is still out on JD Chris, but the hope is that this appointment will improve what we have. Don't forget this fella is a mental coach, so who's to say he won't be coaching JD as well as the players, helping him improve his motivational attributes, which would then be passed on to the players and could lead to improve performances. As you say, it may not, but it's clear the club are still backing JD so there's no point moping about it.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:16 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Are you sure?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cambridgestag » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:21 am

[quote="sw19stag
What has he got to do with our current plight?
Why him, the lad doesn't coach the bloody team, he videos the games
and lets the management see what's going on.

Any ideas, it seems unfair.[/quote]

Using Betamax tape in a VHS recorder? Or have things moved on now
cambridgestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby cambridgestag » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:36 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Tell you what... He is a man who can influence things. A great public speaker. He would have been useful last season.

Really? Give the players a cuddle and ask them how they’re feeling. And that will propel us up to league?
cambridgestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:39 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Are you sure?

Yes, Vale match fred page 1 ;)
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum