{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

An insider view...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: An insider view...

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:44 pm

So what does Paul Broughton actually do at the club?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:55 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:So what does Paul Broughton actually do at the club?

Get in the way.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby The Source » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Here's a clue :D
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gdoxX51rrqCoTd3Z9

Nice enough bloke who worked in the media department, but was sacked by the club a few years ago, so his views aren't exactly impartial
I just press the button, You provide the face
The Source
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:04 pm

Ahhh, so it is the same bitter former employee who had a go at Murray when he got sacked, despite what Random said earlier in the thread. He hasn’t worked at the club for about 3 years.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:06 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Ahhh, so it is the same bitter former employee who had a go at Murray when he got sacked, despite what Random said earlier in the thread. He hasn’t worked at the club for about 3 years.

wasn't it Stephen thirkill who came out about Murray? I could be wrong!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:18 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:This is one of those faux ITK articles that role play they’re high up in the club when everything they’ve said, we already know and everything else is speculation at best.

Load of raspberries and if you believe it you need your head shaking

As someone who has worked behind the scenes in media departments at a football club in the EFL... you’re talking balls.

They know a lot more than most - they are the ones who need the knowledge of situations to be able to react promptly should something come out in the press/socials etc.

I’d believe a member of the media team over a random coach or what have you.
Last edited by Random Hero on Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:19 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Ahhh, so it is the same bitter former employee who had a go at Murray when he got sacked, despite what Random said earlier in the thread. He hasn’t worked at the club for about 3 years.

wasn't it Stephen thirkill who came out about Murray? I could be wrong!

Yep, and it’s not him.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:22 pm

Again, you know absolutely nothing. That was a bloke called Stephen. This is a bloke called Andy.

You know nothing, and your posts all day have backed that up.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:27 pm

Random Hero wrote:
mousemousemouse wrote:This is one of those faux ITK articles that role play they’re high up in the club when everything they’ve said, we already know and everything else is speculation at best.

As someone who has worked behind the scenes in media departments at a football club in the EFL... you’re talking balls.

They know a lot more than most - they are the ones who need the knowledge of situations to be able to react promptly should something come out in the press/socials etc.

Enlighten us all about what they know more than us on stagsnet?

I’ve worked In the media departments of a lot of companies doesn’t mean I know anything other than what is already available. There’s nothing on that article that is new lol

Maybe tell your son that he comes across as bitter lol
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby mousemousemouse » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:27 pm

They also work on a need-to-know basis. This is an EFL2 club, not the whitehouse mate
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Random Hero » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:30 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:
Random Hero wrote:

I’ve worked In the media departments of a lot of companies doesn’t mean I know anything other than what is already available. There’s nothing on that article that is new lol

It consolidates a lot of previously aired rumours on here from someone who has worked inside the club, and that is significant.

You’re missing the point entirely.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:34 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:They also work on a need-to-know basis. This is an EFL2 club, not the whitehouse mate

You’ve just backed up my point :lol: Of course they do, and that’s the point. They need to plan for anything that might be said in the press, or on socials.

We’ll see anyway won’t we :)
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:40 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:They also work on a need-to-know basis. This is an EFL2 club, not the whitehouse mate

Fake News.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:41 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:

Fake News.

Witchhunt! :lol:
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:45 pm

Random Hero wrote:

Again, you know absolutely nothing. That was a bloke called Stephen. This is a bloke called Andy.

You know nothing, and your posts all day have backed that up.

No it wasn’t Random. It was Andrew Webb. I remember the name.

You’re a muppet who can’t handle a debate. Go and look at your pictures of Chris Coleman.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:46 pm

Random Hero wrote:
mousemousemouse wrote:
Random Hero wrote:

It consolidates a lot of previously aired rumours on here from someone who has worked inside the club, and that is significant.

Worked with many football media departments over the years and can tell you those in there know exactly what's going on. The HOD's will know pretty much everything going on at the club, their staff below them might know a few things and at some clubs they won't be told much at all.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:50 pm

Random Hero wrote:
Conker wrote:I mean Dempster and Glover will be cheaper than DF and Futcher, but after spending £150,000 on Andy Cook and signing Maynard it’s hard to believe the budget has dropped.

Some big earners off the wage budget. You never know.

Paying walker £5 a wk for one and what ever Grant was on
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:57 pm

Random Hero wrote:
mousemousemouse wrote:
Random Hero wrote:

So basically it just mentions the exact same info we have mentioned on here? I'm not missing the point at all, basically, this guy has said nothing other than what has been said on here
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby AlanStag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:05 pm

I think the article is spot on personally, as daddycool points out the budget could easily be less than last season. Anderson, Diamond, Atkinson, Butcher and Murfin all started the season and were paid for the lions share of it who all would have been high earners. I have no idea what they were paid but you'd imagine combined that was at least £8k a week.
Then you have the likes of Walker (rumoured £5k wages), Grant, Ajose and Smith come in on loan which between them I'd imagine around £10k a week in wages.

Maynard and Cook were the big signings over the summer but I can't imagine they are anywhere near what we were paying Walker, Grant and Ajose. The other signings will be on your average or slightly above league 2 wages, none are anything spectacular. So we don't exactly have a small budget but I do think it's been scaled down as much as possible with most of the current crop being under contract.

Another point which I think is bang on is about the entitled mentality of the fans. As he points out it was exactly the same under Cox in the conference and those who were there will remember what got us success was going into each game having to fight for each point. Nothing is given in football and our fans after being delighted to be back in league 2 not so long ago think we have a given passage to league 1.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:09 pm

AlanStag wrote:I think the article is spot on personally, as daddycool points out the budget could easily be less than last season. Anderson, Diamond, Atkinson, Butcher and Murfin all started the season and were paid for the lions share of it who all would have been high earners. I have no idea what they were paid but you'd imagine combined that was at least £8k a week.
Then you have the likes of Walker (rumoured £5k wages), Grant, Ajose and Smith come in on loan which between them I'd imagine around £10k a week in wages.

Maynard and Cook were the big signings over the summer but I can't imagine they are anywhere near what we were paying Walker, Grant and Ajose. The other signings will be on your average or slightly above league 2 wages, none are anything spectacular. So we don't exactly have a small budget but I do think it's been scaled down as much as possible with most of the current crop being under contract.

Another point which I think is bang on is about the entitled mentality of the fans. As he points out it was exactly the same under Cox in the conference and those who were there will remember what got us success was going into each game having to fight for each point. Nothing is given in football and our fans after being delighted to be back in league 2 not so long ago think we have a given passage to league 1.

spot on. We should be doing an Exeter, going about it quietly but in a way were doing a Hardy.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:20 pm

Andrew Webb is a tool.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:26 pm

nick_stags wrote:Andrew Webb is a tool.

Glad someone else remembers his previous and I’m not going mad. A quick look at his Facebook page will tell you he celebrated is not getting promoted last season.
Last edited by MTFCMusings on Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:28 pm

Having read the article all I can say is 'You know nowt John Snow'

Appears to me to be ill thought out speculation from someone trying to up his own importance.

In respect of fans expectations, if you are paying top dollar you expect top results. If you don't want to deliver top results, don't charge top dollar.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:39 pm

Read the article, maybe some truth here and there but a hell of a lot of garbage too.

Mrs Dempster writes a good story, ha ha.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:19 pm

The point that rings truest is the point about Hymas being a stupid idiot.

Not surprised it's like a circus behind the scenes. Too much arselicking and brown nosing and not enough football people with shared ambitions.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum