{ the forum }
 
Stagsnet wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

New Manager?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New Manager?

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:39 pm

I simply just don't trust him or the non entity next to him
Chrisuknottm
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 677
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Re: New Manager?

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:55 pm

Nor does anyone.

Problem is now the fans are looking at those upstairs.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5086
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: New Manager?

Postby adamstag » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:17 pm

Tisdale or jones please

Tisdale is more realistic, he’d be an amazing signing as manager
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8306
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: New Manager?

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:28 pm

Paul Tisdale has achieved two League 2 promotions but he is a very downbeat in his interviews like Paul Hurst. I don't think he would go down well with some Stags fans. Remember the Exeter fans voted to terminate his 2/3 year rolling contract. I think you would need to give him a couple of seasons to build his own team.

I'd prefer the mad Welshman, Nathan Jones, but I can't see him coming to the Stags. Mind you, I would have said the same about Steve Evans and David Flitcroft. It was thanks to JR and Carolyn that we were able to attract these type of managers who have a record of success in League 2. The club has come a long way and we need to remember that. Hasloan would just have fired JD and then waited for Lee Glover to win a game before giving him the job.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7819
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: New Manager?

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:33 am

Paul Heckingbottom has been sacked by Hibs.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7245
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: New Manager?

Postby stagbol » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:18 am

Neil Redfearn has just left Newcastle Utd (Under 23 Head Coach), Ex Leeds and Rotherham Boss, great player in his day, Premiership etc, technically adept, excellent coach. Connections to South Yorkshire, worth a punt. :coys:
stagbol
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: New Manager?

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:35 am

Let’s have ‘em all. Give ‘em ‘til Christmas, if we’re not in top three, sack ‘em.
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8319
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: New Manager?

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:38 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Paul Tisdale has achieved two League 2 promotions but he is a very downbeat in his interviews like Paul Hurst. I don't think he would go down well with some Stags fans. Remember the Exeter fans voted to terminate his 2/3 year rolling contract. I think you would need to give him a couple of seasons to build his own team.

I'd prefer the mad Welshman, Nathan Jones, but I can't see him coming to the Stags. Mind you, I would have said the same about Steve Evans and David Flitcroft. It was thanks to JR and Carolyn that we were able to attract these type of managers who have a record of success in League 2. The club has come a long way and we need to remember that. Hasloan would just have fired JD and then waited for Lee Glover to win a game before giving him the job.


Flitcroft got us within a knats knacker of automatics, playing some good football and got 1 season, 2 transfer windows and 12 games. It seems we don't have that kind of time to build. So that's him out the question.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7059
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: New Manager?

Postby CassellsCap » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:24 pm

There isn’t a day goes by without a manager being sacked and tipped for the job at Mansfield. We have a manager and until we have a vacancy it’s all irrelevant. We had a good manager in DF and he’s gone ( sorry to say ) now we have JD and even though things could be better we have to back him . He is Mansfield through and through and deserves time and a bit of respect given the years he’s been here. A change of manager could see us even worse off = CFC , NCFC.
CassellsCap
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: New Manager?

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:41 pm

CassellsCap wrote:There isn’t a day goes by without a manager being sacked and tipped for the job at Mansfield. We have a manager and until we have a vacancy it’s all irrelevant. We had a good manager in DF and he’s gone ( sorry to say ) now we have JD and even though things could be better we have to back him . He is Mansfield through and through and deserves time and a bit of respect given the years he’s been here. A change of manager could see us even worse off = CFC , NCFC.


Being Mansfield through and through has absolutely nothing to do whether he is a competent manager or not.

Also, how many years are we now gonna go on about the plight of Notts County just because they got it horribly wrong and went down? That has nothing to do with us either. We can’t live in fear of sacking a poor manager because Notts County went down when they did. You can easily pluck another example out where changing a manager worked out well...

... last year Villa were languishing in mid table, brought in a new manager, he turned it round and they got promoted. I’m not saying we’re gonna go and get promoted this year, but It’s more likely that if we appoint a proper manager we’ll be better off in my opinion.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2476
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: New Manager?

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:58 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:There isn’t a day goes by without a manager being sacked and tipped for the job at Mansfield. We have a manager and until we have a vacancy it’s all irrelevant. We had a good manager in DF and he’s gone ( sorry to say ) now we have JD and even though things could be better we have to back him . He is Mansfield through and through and deserves time and a bit of respect given the years he’s been here. A change of manager could see us even worse off = CFC , NCFC.


Being Mansfield through and through has absolutely nothing to do whether he is a competent manager or not.

Also, how many years are we now gonna go on about the plight of Notts County just because they got it horribly wrong and went down? That has nothing to do with us either. We can’t live in fear of sacking a poor manager because Notts County went down when they did. You can easily pluck another example out where changing a manager worked out well...

... last year Villa were languishing in mid table, brought in a new manager, he turned it round and they got promoted. I’m not saying we’re gonna go and get promoted this year, but It’s more likely that if we appoint a proper manager we’ll be better off in my opinion.


Completely agree BH. Notts County’s demise last season has nothing to do with us, and like you said there will be countless examples where a team has sacked a manager who was underachieving and replaced him with someone who went on to meet certain expectations.

Also, County sacked someone in Kevin Nolan who had been there for over a season and a half, and had just had a good season managing them the year before when they made the playoffs. Completely different to what Dempster has so far done. They then replaced him with Harry Kewell who had done even less in management than Nolan. Obviously if we sack Dempster, unlike County, his replacement would surely be someone with experience in the lower leagues who may have a promotion(s) on his CV already.
Cleveland_Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:12 pm

Re: New Manager?

Postby Sneag » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:23 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:There isn’t a day goes by without a manager being sacked and tipped for the job at Mansfield. We have a manager and until we have a vacancy it’s all irrelevant. We had a good manager in DF and he’s gone ( sorry to say ) now we have JD and even though things could be better we have to back him . He is Mansfield through and through and deserves time and a bit of respect given the years he’s been here. A change of manager could see us even worse off = CFC , NCFC.


Being Mansfield through and through has absolutely nothing to do whether he is a competent manager or not.

Also, how many years are we now gonna go on about the plight of Notts County just because they got it horribly wrong and went down? That has nothing to do with us either. We can’t live in fear of sacking a poor manager because Notts County went down when they did. You can easily pluck another example out where changing a manager worked out well...

... last year Villa were languishing in mid table, brought in a new manager, he turned it round and they got promoted. I’m not saying we’re gonna go and get promoted this year, but It’s more likely that if we appoint a proper manager we’ll be better off in my opinion.


Completely agree BH. Notts County’s demise last season has nothing to do with us, and like you said there will be countless examples where a team has sacked a manager who was underachieving and replaced him with someone who went on to meet certain expectations.

Also, County sacked someone in Kevin Nolan who had been there for over a season and a half, and had just had a good season managing them the year before when they made the playoffs. Completely different to what Dempster has so far done. They then replaced him with Harry Kewell who had done even less in management than Nolan. Obviously if we sack Dempster, unlike County, his replacement would surely be someone with experience in the lower leagues who may have a promotion(s) on his CV already.


Wasn't part of County's problem an owner meddling in team affairs?
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9537
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: New Manager?

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:07 pm

Yes, and as pointed out he went on to appoint a manager in Harry Kewell who was inexperienced and had achieved nothing, that was their big mistake.

I don’t for one second think our next appointment will be another rookie manager that’s not achieved anything. And there’s no way getting rid of Dempster could be classed as ‘meddling’, it’s necessary.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2476
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: New Manager?

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:32 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:Seems like Steve Evans will be available again soon

I can just imagine it. Biggest mistake made was to be lured away. I'm now back to finish the job for the wonderful chairman and CEO. :D


Hahaa.. you.knlw what, that could happen.



I appeal to the good people of Mansfield to forgive me and I believe finishing the job and achieving promotion for the wonderful owners will go long way towards that...

Dont rule it out..
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3684
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: New Manager?

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:52 pm

Woke up this morning feeling fine...

I could kiss and make up.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5086
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: New Manager?

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:55 pm

Fatty Arbuckle would be the very last appointment I would want. He achieved nothing, his signings were gash and he's failed at two more clubs since. His days are done.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3736
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: New Manager?

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:05 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Fatty Arbuckle would be the very last appointment I would want. He achieved nothing, his signings were gash and he's failed at two more clubs since. His days are done.


Let’s not pretend he was doing a poor job here. We had lost only 2 of the 21 games before he left, winning 7 of his final 10, and made our way up to 4th I think with a game in hand. In fact, he only lost 6 all season, Dempsters lost 6 already!

It’s easy to bash him now because he completely screwed us over and we all know what happened once he left that season, but there were no complaints from any of the fans about how we were doing when he was here. Some of his signings didn’t work out well, but nevertheless he had the team firing.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2476
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: New Manager?

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:12 pm

Stop taking sense BH you'll be hounded out of here....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3684
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: New Manager?

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:36 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Fatty Arbuckle would be the very last appointment I would want. He achieved nothing, his signings were gash and he's failed at two more clubs since. His days are done.


Let’s not pretend he was doing a poor job here. We had lost only 2 of the 21 games before he left, winning 7 of his final 10, and made our way up to 4th I think with a game in hand. In fact, he only lost 6 all season, Dempsters lost 6 already!

It’s easy to bash him now because he completely screwed us over and we all know what happened once he left that season, but there were no complaints from any of the fans about how we were doing when he was here. Some of his signings didn’t work out well, but nevertheless he had the team firing.

I couldn’t care less how good he was. He is a nasty human being and I for one am glad he left, even if it caused all this.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3928
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: New Manager?

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:42 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:There isn’t a day goes by without a manager being sacked and tipped for the job at Mansfield. We have a manager and until we have a vacancy it’s all irrelevant. We had a good manager in DF and he’s gone ( sorry to say ) now we have JD and even though things could be better we have to back him . He is Mansfield through and through and deserves time and a bit of respect given the years he’s been here. A change of manager could see us even worse off = CFC , NCFC.


Being Mansfield through and through has absolutely nothing to do whether he is a competent manager or not.

Also, how many years are we now gonna go on about the plight of Notts County just because they got it horribly wrong and went down? That has nothing to do with us either. We can’t live in fear of sacking a poor manager because Notts County went down when they did. You can easily pluck another example out where changing a manager worked out well...

... last year Villa were languishing in mid table, brought in a new manager, he turned it round and they got promoted. I’m not saying we’re gonna go and get promoted this year, but It’s more likely that if we appoint a proper manager we’ll be better off in my opinion.


Completely agree BH. Notts County’s demise last season has nothing to do with us, and like you said there will be countless examples where a team has sacked a manager who was underachieving and replaced him with someone who went on to meet certain expectations.

Also, County sacked someone in Kevin Nolan who had been there for over a season and a half, and had just had a good season managing them the year before when they made the playoffs. Completely different to what Dempster has so far done. They then replaced him with Harry Kewell who had done even less in management than Nolan. Obviously if we sack Dempster, unlike County, his replacement would surely be someone with experience in the lower leagues who may have a promotion(s) on his CV already.

So Nolan's record was similar to Flitcroft's and they sacked him. Then they replaced him with someone with a lot less experience, then sacked him and replaced him with an experienced manager, and they were relegated.

I can definitely see a similar pattern emerging :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6802
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: New Manager?

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:44 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Fatty Arbuckle would be the very last appointment I would want. He achieved nothing, his signings were gash and he's failed at two more clubs since. His days are done.


Let’s not pretend he was doing a poor job here. We had lost only 2 of the 21 games before he left, winning 7 of his final 10, and made our way up to 4th I think with a game in hand. In fact, he only lost 6 all season, Dempsters lost 6 already!

It’s easy to bash him now because he completely screwed us over and we all know what happened once he left that season, but there were no complaints from any of the fans about how we were doing when he was here. Some of his signings didn’t work out well, but nevertheless he had the team firing.


There was, as Evans publically stropped about when someone dared to shout some criticism from the stands. I wouldn't want him back. The football he played was rubbish. Yes he'd be an upgrade on Dempster, but if that's the only criteria then the shortlist would be a very long list. Evans has now not done a successful job in four years.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7245
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: New Manager?

Postby tibby » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:55 pm

Neil Redfern
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1329
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Re: New Manager?

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:01 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Fatty Arbuckle would be the very last appointment I would want. He achieved nothing, his signings were gash and he's failed at two more clubs since. His days are done.


Let’s not pretend he was doing a poor job here. We had lost only 2 of the 21 games before he left, winning 7 of his final 10, and made our way up to 4th I think with a game in hand. In fact, he only lost 6 all season, Dempsters lost 6 already!

It’s easy to bash him now because he completely screwed us over and we all know what happened once he left that season, but there were no complaints from any of the fans about how we were doing when he was here. Some of his signings didn’t work out well, but nevertheless he had the team firing.


There was, as Evans publically stropped about when someone dared to shout some criticism from the stands. I wouldn't want him back. The football he played was rubbish. Yes he'd be an upgrade on Dempster, but if that's the only criteria then the shortlist would be a very long list. Evans has now not done a successful job in four years.


I wouldn’t say his football was rubbish. We weren’t the most fluid, but we were difficult to beat as we know. We also scored a lot of important late goals under Evans, he was relentless whether people like the way he went about it or not. I’d rather watch Steve Evans Mansfield side than John Dempsters that is for sure.

I’m not necessarily saying I’d want him back as he’s not been that great since as you say, but my point was that many like to paint an image now that he was useless for us when he was here just because of his personality and because he left, but that just isn’t true.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2476
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: New Manager?

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:14 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Fatty Arbuckle would be the very last appointment I would want. He achieved nothing, his signings were gash and he's failed at two more clubs since. His days are done.


Let’s not pretend he was doing a poor job here. We had lost only 2 of the 21 games before he left, winning 7 of his final 10, and made our way up to 4th I think with a game in hand. In fact, he only lost 6 all season, Dempsters lost 6 already!

It’s easy to bash him now because he completely screwed us over and we all know what happened once he left that season, but there were no complaints from any of the fans about how we were doing when he was here. Some of his signings didn’t work out well, but nevertheless he had the team firing.


There was, as Evans publically stropped about when someone dared to shout some criticism from the stands. I wouldn't want him back. The football he played was rubbish. Yes he'd be an upgrade on Dempster, but if that's the only criteria then the shortlist would be a very long list. Evans has now not done a successful job in four years.


I wouldn’t say his football was rubbish. We weren’t the most fluid, but we were difficult to beat as we know. We also scored a lot of important late goals under Evans, he was relentless whether people like the way he went about it or not. I’d rather watch Steve Evans Mansfield side than John Dempsters that is for sure.

I’m not necessarily saying I’d want him back as he’s not been that great since as you say, but my point was that many like to paint an image now that he was useless for us when he was here just because of his personality and because he left, but that just isn’t true.
I think his record since he walked out on his "Chinese odyssey" speaks for itself. NO thank you.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6802
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: New Manager?

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:16 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Fatty Arbuckle would be the very last appointment I would want. He achieved nothing, his signings were gash and he's failed at two more clubs since. His days are done.


Let’s not pretend he was doing a poor job here. We had lost only 2 of the 21 games before he left, winning 7 of his final 10, and made our way up to 4th I think with a game in hand. In fact, he only lost 6 all season, Dempsters lost 6 already!

It’s easy to bash him now because he completely screwed us over and we all know what happened once he left that season, but there were no complaints from any of the fans about how we were doing when he was here. Some of his signings didn’t work out well, but nevertheless he had the team firing.


There was, as Evans publically stropped about when someone dared to shout some criticism from the stands. I wouldn't want him back. The football he played was rubbish. Yes he'd be an upgrade on Dempster, but if that's the only criteria then the shortlist would be a very long list. Evans has now not done a successful job in four years.


I wouldn’t say his football was rubbish. We weren’t the most fluid, but we were difficult to beat as we know. We also scored a lot of important late goals under Evans, he was relentless whether people like the way he went about it or not. I’d rather watch Steve Evans Mansfield side than John Dempsters that is for sure.

I’m not necessarily saying I’d want him back as he’s not been that great since as you say, but my point was that many like to paint an image now that he was useless for us when he was here just because of his personality and because he left, but that just isn’t true.
I think his record since he walked out on his "Chinese odyssey" speaks for itself. NO thank you.


Did you even read what I said? I’ve highlighted for you just in case :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2476
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4dstag, Chants, dave E stag, Martin Shaw, Scothie the Stag, yorkshire stag and 27 guests