{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New Manager?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New Manager?

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:58 pm

I know about Bentley, but it doesn't change the point.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:06 pm

yorkstag wrote:Cant remember who quoted DC 's stats but I assume they were lifted off Wikipedia.

Well if you understand stats lets trend them

Salisbury to Bristol Rovers to Walsall. I cant be bothered but suggest you get you're calculator out and come back on the board with you're findings. ( I do know the answer but would prefer you to post )

Now I don't want DC to fail as I saw him break into the first team and would love him to come back some day , but for now we have JD and we should support him. Again if you understand stats I would suggest JDs games would be considered insufficient and would be interested where his number came from.

Over to you

It was me.

DC
Salisbury played 157 won 84 = 53.5%
B. Rovers played 246 won 104 = 42.3%
Walsall played 19 won 5 = 26.3%
Total played 422 won 193 = 45.7%

JD
Stags played 19 won 5 = 26.3%

I neither want to see DC fail. I too saw him break into the first team, and I too would like to see him return.

If you were to check my posts you would find I have consistently said that JD should be given until the first round of the FA Cup to instill his ideas and philosophy into the team. This is exactly what I said about DF last year, and like last year I said if I saw the green shoots of something I would give him until Christmas. Well like last year I do see something. We have a 3-1-1 record in the last five. If we could continue that for the last 30 games we would gain 60 points. This gives us 80 points and almost certainly a play off place at least. JD will have my full support until his last day in charge, as all managers have and will. It is possible to think it is time for a change and still cheer on and give encouragement to the guy in charge.

I was simply stating that some posters having the view that DC would have been a better appointment is not hounding out the manager. The board is about opinions is it not?
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:41 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I know about Bentley, but it doesn't change the point.

The bit about Bentley was picking up on someone else’s post.

It would have been better if I’d posted it separately.

I still think it would be a crazy decision to sack JD and replace him with DC. Having said that I’m still of the opinion JD was a bad appointment.

Fans seem to think because DC is “ one of our own” it is a good enough reason to appoint him. To those who think that way ( I’m not including you by the way MTMC Musings ) it could be argued JD has done more for the club than DC.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:56 pm

The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:42 pm

Big yella wrote:
yorkstag wrote:Cant remember who quoted DC 's stats but I assume they were lifted off Wikipedia.

Well if you understand stats lets trend them

Salisbury to Bristol Rovers to Walsall. I cant be bothered but suggest you get you're calculator out and come back on the board with you're findings. ( I do know the answer but would prefer you to post )

Now I don't want DC to fail as I saw him break into the first team and would love him to come back some day , but for now we have JD and we should support him. Again if you understand stats I would suggest JDs games would be considered insufficient and would be interested where his number came from.

Over to you

It was me.

DC
Salisbury played 157 won 84 = 53.5%
B. Rovers played 246 won 104 = 42.3%
Walsall played 19 won 5 = 26.3%
Total played 422 won 193 = 45.7%

JD
Stags played 19 won 5 = 26.3%

I neither want to see DC fail. I too saw him break into the first team, and I too would like to see him return.

If you were to check my posts you would find I have consistently said that JD should be given until the first round of the FA Cup to instill his ideas and philosophy into the team. This is exactly what I said about DF last year, and like last year I said if I saw the green shoots of something I would give him until Christmas. Well like last year I do see something. We have a 3-1-1 record in the last five. If we could continue that for the last 30 games we would gain 60 points. This gives us 80 points and almost certainly a play off place at least. JD will have my full support until his last day in charge, as all managers have and will. It is possible to think it is time for a change and still cheer on and give encouragement to the guy in charge.

I was simply stating that some posters having the view that DC would have been a better appointment is not hounding out the manager. The board is about opinions is it not?

I'm with Big Yella on this one.... (unusually :lol:)
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby geoffhill » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:32 pm

DC was an average player at Mansfield.He is struggling at Walsall who were the worst side so far this season.Dempster has had a rough start but can still get us to the playoffs at least.Saturdays game won#t be easy but if we can win and play well this should keep the doubters quiet until the next loss.Fans are fickle.Be careful what you wish for and support our manager.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:31 pm

geoffhill wrote:DC was an average player at Mansfield.He is struggling at Walsall who were the worst side so far this season.Dempster has had a rough start but can still get us to the playoffs at least.Saturdays game won#t be easy but if we can win and play well this should keep the doubters quiet until the next loss.Fans are fickle.Be careful what you wish for and support our manager.

Think Oldham are worst side this season, plus DC was better than average. Do not let let that get in the way though and please do not put me on your list .
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:50 pm

Hard to assess Oldham as they went down to 9 men.I haven't made a list yet but you can be on it if you wish.Most fans are in the Dempster out camp.I am not one of them as the results have improved lately.The players seem to be behind him which is important.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:09 pm

I dont think i have seen a decent side this season, especially at home.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:03 pm

lifestags wrote:I dont think i have seen a decent side this season, especially at home.

I think you may need to re-calibrate your expectations. This is the 4th division. There’s not a lot of quality and not a lot between most teams.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:04 pm

lifestags wrote:I dont think i have seen a decent side this season, especially at home.

True. Every side I’ve seen have been poor to average at best.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:29 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

I think you may need to re-calibrate your expectations. This is the 4th division. There’s not a lot of quality and not a lot between most teams.

In my opinion last seasons league had far more quality then what i have seen so far this season, If we can show some consistency then there is nothing stopping this team finishing in the top 7.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:43 pm

The division is wide open this year, which makes it even more disappointing that we have under performed thus far.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:58 pm

Definitely Average

Crewe Crewe 1st 15 played 30pts Newport 7th 15 played 27pts

Everyone dropping points, which makes me wonder why the hell are we in this mess
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:42 am

tuopolfpilf wrote:Definitely Average

Everyone dropping points, which makes me wonder why the hell are we in this mess
Simple, the board ( with the exception of Carolyn ), decided to sack the management team and to replace them with a management team with less experience and ability.

Despite a third of the season gone, the management team are still struggling to find a system that consistently works, Considering we still have much the same squad as last season, it doesn’t give much hope that we will be challenging at the top end this season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:50 am

MTFCMusings wrote:The division is wide open this year, which makes it even more disappointing that we have under performed thus far.

Agree it’s frustrating as we keep saying the opposition aren’t anything special, it’s just that we have been poor and inconsistent as well. People tend to forget the latter! Well, at least during games if not on stagsnet.

That said I have seen improvement lately, if we can be consistent we can rise up the table quite quickly. But that is a big if!
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:35 am

Jimstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:The division is wide open this year, which makes it even more disappointing that we have under performed thus far.

Agree it’s frustrating as we keep saying the opposition aren’t anything special, it’s just that we have been poor and inconsistent as well. People tend to forget the latter! Well, at least during games if not on stagsnet.

That said I have seen improvement lately, if we can be consistent we can rise up the table quite quickly. But that is a big if!

Just think.....if only that magical 4-4-2 formation had occurred to someone before now........?!?!?!?
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:42 am

Amber Andy wrote:

Simple, the board ( with the exception of Carolyn ), decided to sack the management team and to replace them with a management team with less experience and ability.

Despite a third of the season gone, the management team are still struggling to find a system that consistently works, Considering we still have much the same squad as last season, it doesn’t give much hope that we will be challenging at the top end this season.

Funnily enough your best mate struggled to find a system that consistently worked from January onwards hence why he's no longer in charge.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:52 am

Grendon Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Funnily enough your best mate struggled to find a system that consistently worked from January onwards hence why he's no longer in charge.
I’m just trying to explain to tuotforctilf why I think we are not doing well this season,

If you have a better or different explanation I would be happy to hear it. I guess he would too.

DF ( you may be surprised to hear is not my “best mate”). I maintain however it was a bad decision to replace him with what we have now. Results and performances in the first third of the season, in a league weaker than last season, is testament to that.

That said it was a majority decision made in good faith and one I accept.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:38 pm

Stoke have sacked Jones.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49428903

Your seat is getting hot Dempster, playoffs by Christmas please.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:55 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I’m just trying to explain to tuotforctilf why I think we are not doing well this season,

If you have a better or different explanation I would be happy to hear it. I guess he would too.

DF ( you may be surprised to hear is not my “best mate”). I maintain however it was a bad decision to replace him with what we have now. Results and performances in the first third of the season, in a league weaker than last season, is testament to that.

That said it was a majority decision made in good faith and one I accept.

I gave you my explanation, weve been struggling since the turn of 2019 not just since August. The bulk of the squad are the same only the managers are different so make out of that what you will.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:55 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Stoke have sacked Jones.

Here he comes.......

JD Gone back to the youth team
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Laney_MTFC » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:34 pm

SINA STAG wrote:

Here he comes.......

I’d like for this to happen, Do you realistically see this being an option we could opt for?
Laney_MTFC
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:57 pm

I do t think any team in the league will have playoffs guaranteed at Christmas ;)
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:10 pm

SINA STAG wrote:

Here he comes.......

Hehehe. Someone had to set the stagsnet hares running, may as well have been me!
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum