{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New Manager?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New Manager?

Postby ParisStag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:51 pm

hucknallstag wrote:Parkinsons style would bore/frustrate and divide support.has to be better options than that.

He's a winner. Hoofball is fine if you win.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:54 pm

ParisStag wrote:Exactly Musings. Parkinson is the one. Otherwise, Appleton.

People are too easily wooed by a big name. He got the Fulham job because he had been their captain and did a good job there, where he was loved. Sometimes managers get a good break and a club that fits. He also did fairly well for Wales, where he'd also been a player. Elsewhere though, where he has no connections to fans or club, he failed.

I’m not saying Coleman would be better than Parkinson or Appleton. Earlier in this thread you both said you’d ‘Rather have Dempster than Coleman’. That is the point I take issue with.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:56 pm

Random Hero wrote:

People are too easily wooed by a big name. He got the Fulham job because he had been their captain and did a good job there, where he was loved. Sometimes managers get a good break and a club that fits. He also did fairly well for Wales, where he'd also been a player. Elsewhere though, where he has no connections to fans or club, he failed.

I’m not saying Coleman would be better than Parkinson or Appleton. Earlier in this thread you both said you’d ‘Rather have Dempster than Coleman’. That is the point I take issue with.

Check again mate.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:57 pm

In all honesty, I want someone here that is looking to add to their CV and not just see cruise until their retirement.

Coleman is a great name and might do well, but he's probably waiting for a 40k a week knock on the door
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Random Hero » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:59 pm

nick_stags wrote:
ParisStag wrote:I'd rather keep Dempster than have him.

So would I.

I see you’ve edited your post MTFCMusings, but ok. If it wasn’t you, then I apologise. The rest of your argument is still horse dung, though.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:02 pm

Random Hero wrote:
nick_stags wrote:

So would I.

I see you’ve edited your post MTFCMusings, but ok. If it wasn’t you, then I apologise. The rest of your argument is still horse dung, though.

I never said it Random. You'll see I edit a lot, including this one, as I often think of another point I want to make. Given how fervently I've said I wouldn't want Coleman, I wouldn't have any hesitation with saying I'd rather have Dempster than Coleman if I believed that. I don't, and would rather have you in charge than Dempster to be honest, despite me thinking the same of your argument.
Last edited by MTFCMusings on Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:02 pm

Random Hero wrote:

Come on mate, you don't have to tske everything so literally. People use hyperbole, especially on Stagsnet. I don't actually know who I'd rather have between the two of them, my post was to point out that I don't want him here as there are better choices out there. I've said elsewhere that I want Dempster sacked so it's not about advocating for him either.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:06 pm

nick_stags wrote:

So would I.

How can you not take that literally?! :lol: you said it and it’s there in black and white!
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:11 pm

Random Hero wrote:
nick_stags wrote:

So would I.

How can you not take that literally?! :lol: you said it and it’s there in black and white!

I guess I assumed you, knowing my Facebook posts, would be familiar with my tone, even though it's in black and white. Anyway, forget it, it's hardly important. :lol:
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:14 pm

Here we go...
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Blimey. It's either about to happen or they've come to an agreement for a complete reshuffle to help him out.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Think you've answered your own question Paris.imo hoofball be it succesful or not is mind numbingly boring and won't put extra bums on seats.as I said,parkinson would totally divide opinion,not for me thanks.
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby James » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Clearing the decks for a new manager.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:16 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
nick_stags wrote:

So would I.

I guess I assumed you, knowing my Facebook posts, would be familiar with my tone, even though it's in black and white. Anyway, forget it, it's hardly important. :lol:

Didn’t realise I had you on Facebook - no idea who most people’s usernames are on here!

I know Vicar Jeremiah well though - might head to one of his sermons on Sunday to pray for us.
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:17 pm

'The club believes that a fresh impetus is required within these areas of the football department.'

Interesting.

In the space of 5 months, Pledger and Ashby have been sacked, re-hired, and sacked again. Strange.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:18 pm

Wow... all staff being released
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:20 pm

Random Hero wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
nick_stags wrote:

So would I.

Didn’t realise I had you on Facebook - no idea who most people’s usernames are on here!

I know Vicar Jeremiah well though - might head to one of his sermons on Sunday to pray for us.

He will be under the crypt in The Vaults
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:26 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Here we go...

This needs to only be the start. At the moment it just looks like Dempster is passing the buck and the board have bought in to it. That’s not to say I don’t agree with their departures, particularly the fitness coach.

I suppose we’ll know the intentions with our manager by how quickly these positions are filled, and who is appointing them. I hope it’s making way for a new manager to bring in his own backroom staff.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dp1976 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:30 pm

three key areas addressed - Fitness is shocking, performances are woeful and the goalkeeping (Bobby excluded) is poor, good start JR, please continue
Dp1976
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:31 pm

Dp1976 wrote:three key areas addressed - Fitness is shocking, performances are woeful and the goalkeeping (Bobby excluded) is poor, good start JR, please continue

The performance analyst is not the one responsible for the performances.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:34 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:'The club believes that a fresh impetus is required within these areas of the football department.'

Interesting.

In the space of 5 months, Pledger and Ashby have been sacked, re-hired, and sacked again. Strange.

Because theres no need for them... JD got them back in when there was no need.

Honestly who is pledger, what's he ever done in the game? I could understand if you had someone like Shay Given at derby who is a great coach to have for the senior and younger keepers..

Again the Fitness coach... they're knackered after 60 minutes. Also noticed they do static stretches when warming up with him... the number one cause of injuries to footballers because the muscle just tightens up straight away.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:37 pm

PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:41 pm

Chander Lear wrote:.

False information? ;)
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:41 pm

Sedgwick wrote:The Fitness coach... they're knackered after 60 minutes. Also noticed they do static stretches when warming up with him... the number one cause of injuries to footballers because the muscle just tightens up straight away.

Are they not doing dynamic stretches? Just static?!

Either way, wasnt acceptable with the knowledge we had 20 years ago, let alone now
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:41 pm

Just waiting a moment before I un-edit that.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum