{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New Manager?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New Manager?

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:44 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Lot of talk going round but just been told.... JD's last game Saturday and back to the youth team but will be around first team operations to focus on helping youth integrate with the first team, New manager in soon.

Urgh, this is lip service if true. You can't go backwards. When your time is up, it's up. If JD has any sense he'll look for a new employer if he's demoted. It's more embarrassing than being sacked.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby yellooooooooooows » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:46 pm

MOTG wrote:Re the rumour about Chris Coleman . Is this another red herring when it could be John Coleman of Accrington?
Mind you , he wouldn’t do for some as he is not animated enough. The last game at the Mill I seem to recall he sat down most of the time on one of the advertising boards and let his coaching staff do most of the shouting. A brilliant manager in my opinion .

Whilst on the subject of a new manager our last three managers Surnames have started with letters next to each other in the alphabet .
D( Dempster) E(Evans) F(Flitcroft)
To continue the pattern we need C or F
Coleman would do nicely but on the other hand would G be Glover ?

Slow day at work?
yellooooooooooows
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dp1976 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:50 pm

Dp1976 wrote:
three key areas addressed - Fitness is shocking, performances are woeful and the goalkeeping (Bobby excluded) is poor, good start JR, please continue

The performance analyst is not the one responsible for the performances.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Correct but if they are being analysed as good then he needs and has been replaced
Dp1976
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:11 pm

Jamie wrote:If its Billy Dearden i'm done, gone, never to return.

Never let forgiveness get in the way of a good and honest age old irrational grudge eh Jamie? :P

Imagine a world where you were still paying for things you'd done almost 20 years ago, under mitigating circumstances that the adjudicator refused to consider. Would you happily accept it, or ask them to move on? ;)

Lets pray it's BD then!! :lol:
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby yaxhamstag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:19 pm

nick_stags wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:.

False information? ;)

Fake news...
A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jamie » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:22 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Jamie wrote:If its Billy Dearden i'm done, gone, never to return.

Never let forgiveness get in the way of a good and honest age old irrational grudge eh Jamie? :P

Imagine a world where you were still paying for things you'd done almost 20 years ago, under mitigating circumstances that the adjudicator refused to consider. Would you happily accept it, or ask them to move on? ;)

Lets pray it's BD then!! :lol:

At least i'm consistent...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:34 pm

The bloke who knew that we were signing Walker and the other Forest lads has tweeted that Coleman is being interviewed and Dempster won’t last the week.

No idea what his sources are and could be nonsense, but been right in the past so worth a share.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:45 pm

It won't be Billy D, as good a bloke as he is.

He's scouting for Sheff It's and enjoying himself.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:52 pm

Are we County in disguise? Going along the same blueprint :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:54 pm

yaxhamstag wrote:
nick_stags wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:.

False information? ;)

Fake news...

Not quite confirmed news. Pretty obvious though
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:58 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Lot of talk going round but just been told.... JD's last game Saturday and back to the youth team but will be around first team operations to focus on helping youth integrate with the first team, New manager in soon.

Urgh, this is lip service if true. You can't go backwards. When your time is up, it's up. If JD has any sense he'll look for a new employer if he's demoted. It's more embarrassing than being sacked.

Mike Whitlow to have a go next... then coops and then finally when were non league mez and his dog will have a go.

I think we need some proper directors in... Get some Ex players involved like Lawrence.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:15 pm

BH_Stag wrote:The bloke who knew that we were signing Walker and the other Forest lads has tweeted that Coleman is being interviewed and Dempster won’t last the week.

No idea what his sources are and could be nonsense, but been right in the past so worth a share.

According to him, Parkinson and Coleman are/have been interviewed.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:47 pm

yellooooooooooows wrote:
MOTG wrote:Re the rumour about Chris Coleman . Is this another red herring when it could be John Coleman of Accrington?
Mind you , he wouldn’t do for some as he is not animated enough. The last game at the Mill I seem to recall he sat down most of the time on one of the advertising boards and let his coaching staff do most of the shouting. A brilliant manager in my opinion .

Whilst on the subject of a new manager our last three managers Surnames have started with letters next to each other in the alphabet .
D( Dempster) E(Evans) F(Flitcroft)
To continue the pattern we need C or F
Coleman would do nicely but on the other hand would G be Glover ?

Slow day at work?

Cheeky get ! Haven’t you heard of multi tasking? It’s the new thing!
Did it whilst digesting a nice corn beef sarnie .
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MOTG » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:50 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Mike Whitlow to have a go next... then coops and then finally when were non league mez and his dog will have a go.

I think we need some proper directors in... Get some Ex players involved like Lawrence.

Lawrence? You have to be joking me duck . Great player but that’s all unless he’s changed!
Lawrence of Arabia yes
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:51 pm

MOTG wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Lawrence? You have to be joking me duck . Great player but that’s all unless he’s changed!
Lawrence of Arabia yes

I've heard Lawrence is an arsehole as well
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:10 pm

I'm with Musings and Paris on this one. Chris Coleman has no knowledge of League 2.

Billy Bingham was a good international manager but he was absolutely hopeless as Mansfield manager. One of our worst ever managers. Dave Jones was a Premier League manager and got Hartlepool relegated to the National League and he had managed in the lower leagues before.

I'd rather have Michael Appleton (loved by Oxford fans), Phil Parkinson/Steve Parkin, Gareth Ainsworth etc. Someone who knows the league and knows what it takes to win promotion. Horses for courses.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby AlanStag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:21 pm

Personally have a bad feeling about Coleman, it makes you think why would he want to come here if he's as good as his reputation suggests? It was the same when Evans rolled into town, I didn't think he'd give us a second thought then it turns out he had his own agenda. You know how the saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is!

If we are to get rid of Dempster I think we need to go through a proper recruitment process. The last time we did we appointed Paul Cox and he rest is history. Since then we've had internal appointments and managers tapped up with no one else seemingly considered.

I'm always wary of managers who have a recent history of clubs in relegation scraps and being relegated but had some previous successes many moons ago. Once you're in that mentality and rutt it's hard to snap out of, see Ardley at County. The opposite is often true, if a managers on the up they keep that winning mentality a la Cox, Cowleys, Paul Cook, Wilder.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:39 pm

AlanStag wrote:Personally have a bad feeling about Coleman, it makes you think why would he want to come here if he's as good as his reputation suggests? It was the same when Evans rolled into town, I didn't think he'd give us a second thought then it turns out he had his own agenda. You know how the saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is!

If we are to get rid of Dempster I think we need to go through a proper recruitment process. The last time we did we appointed Paul Cox and he rest is history. Since then we've had internal appointments and managers tapped up with no one else seemingly considered.

I'm always wary of managers who have a recent history of clubs in relegation scraps and being relegated but had some previous successes many moons ago. Once you're in that mentality and rutt it's hard to snap out of, see Ardley at County. The opposite is often true, if a managers on the up they keep that winning mentality a la Cox, Cowleys, Paul Cook, Wilder.

Pep wouldn't have stopped Sunderland getting relegated , even God would have struggled to keep them up, the club was an absolute basket case.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:42 pm

Come on everyone, shake yourselves, why would Coleman give MTFC a second thought?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:43 pm

oldweststander wrote:Come on everyone, shake yourselves, why would Coleman give MTFC a second thought?

Well, his son is the agent of two of our players, so it is plausible he may know The Radfords. But he would surely be looking for big money and it could be better spent elsewhere IMO.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:44 pm

oldweststander wrote:Come on everyone, shake yourselves, why would Coleman give MTFC a second thought?

Money, Money, Money, Money......Money.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:02 pm

Someone on twitter said they wouldn't name the managers were supposedly interviewing because if they don't materialise he'd look stupid... Coleman is one of them.. The other is Nigel Adkins.

Apparently met with MTFC at St.Georges park this morning.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:06 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Someone on twitter said they wouldn't name the managers were supposedly interviewing because if they don't materialise he'd look stupid... Coleman is one of them.. The other is Nigel Adkins.

Apparently met with MTFC at St.Georges park this morning.

Same man who mentioned Parkinson too. I still think he would be the best of those three. I don’t think Adkins personality would go down well with some fans.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:06 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Well, his son is the agent of two of our players, so it is plausible he may know The Radfords. But he would surely be looking for big money and it could be better spent elsewhere IMO.

I doubt he would come here but, he's perhaps in a position where money isn't a big issue for him and maybe he wants to re-establish himself in English football.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:09 pm

Adkins would be amazing. But surely out of our range?
James
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum