{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New Manager?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New Manager?

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:24 pm

WVStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Sneag wrote:Nathan Jones keeps his job for another week

So does John Dempster :P :coys:

Theres always a down side to a great win

whatever you're smoking. stop.

Chrisuknottm, it's well known that bobbystagsfan gets triggered when comments are made to suggest that the corner has not yet been turned after a win in isolation. Can you bare this in mind for future please?

You don't seem to enjoy winning, which is pretty weird. Unless your life is that miserable you can't find a bit of enjoyment or happiness in a 95th minute winner, away from home and with 10 men.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:29 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote: You don't seem to enjoy winning, which is pretty weird. Unless your life is that miserable you can't find a bit of enjoyment or happiness in a 95th minute winner, away from home and with 10 men.

I've said elsewhere that it was scenes, because 90+ minute winners are. I've also said that keeping perspective despite the win is not negative. Does that demonstrate to you a lack of enjoyment for winning?
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:32 pm

WVStag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote: You don't seem to enjoy winning, which is pretty weird. Unless your life is that miserable you can't find a bit of enjoyment or happiness in a 95th minute winner, away from home and with 10 men.

I've said elsewhere that it was scenes, because 90+ minute winners are. I've also said that keeping perspective despite the win is not negative. Does that demonstrate to you a lack of enjoyment for winning?

I've also said great win but if you truly believe that a fantastic win and fighting performance suddenly wipes out multiple rubbish performances and exonerated Dempster to survive another week then well done you.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:34 pm

WV stag. Let’s do all this tomorrow and in the week? For now can we just enjoy the trip home with a cold one or two and the satisfaction of a 96th minute winner when down to ten men.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby WVStag » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:35 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:WV stag. Let’s do all this tomorrow and in the week? For now can we just enjoy the trip home with a cold one or two and the satisfaction of a 96th minute winner when down to ten men.

I'm guessing you can't read then.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:36 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
WVStag wrote:

I've also said great win but if you truly believe that a fantastic win and fighting performance suddenly wipes out multiple rubbish performances and exonerated Dempster to survive another week then well done you.

Where have I said that? It's just the usual suspects still putting a negative spin on what is a good result. We all know things aren't great in the grand scheme of things this season, have a day off.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:38 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
WVStag wrote:

Where have I said that? It's just the usual suspects still putting a negative spin on what is a good result. We all know things aren't great in the grand scheme of things this season, have a day off.

Let's try this again. Keeping perspective is not being negative. I'm sorry if you think it is but I must tell you that it is not.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:36 pm

Derek Adams odds on for the Orient job.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Bol8ngey Stag » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:07 pm

I think I’m right in saying we only had 4 more points this time last year and DF last 14 games only yielded 18 points it was the in between bit what got us up there.Lets get behind JD and see what happens
Bol8ngey Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkstag » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:46 pm

This thread is a bore. I want JD to succeed
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:56 pm

yorkstag wrote:This thread is a bore. I want JD to succeed

Simples. Do not read it.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:05 pm

You'd have to be some kind of Spireite to want him to fail.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:07 pm

The One wrote:

Simples. Do not read it.

plain as day he isn’t the right man however the board hire n fire no nowt we can do now
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:21 am

Adam Murray is in caretaker charge at Barnsley after they ridiculously sacked Daniel Stendel.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:21 am

Daniel Stendel won 31 of his 66 games at Barnsley, the third highest win ratio of any permanent manager in the club's history. I'll add him to the list of potential managers.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:22 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Daniel Stendel won 31 of his 66 games at Barnsley, the third highest win ratio of any permanent manager in the club's history. I'll add him to the list of potential managers.

Get him in.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:43 pm

Jack Ross sacked by Sunderland. Stendel to Sunderland?

I was listening to the Undr the Cosh podcast today and they had Bolton legend John McGinlay on. He was banned from the ground by Ken Anderson for criticising both the chairman and Phil Parkinson due to his style of play. Parkinson rang him up to talk about it and also defended former owner Anderson, despite the fact he was running the club into the ground. Quite interesting.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:47 pm

Sneag wrote:

I can't agree, lots on here want him to fail, look at the comments on the score thread and the grudging posts after the victory. I know you have all of a sudden become a sack the manager kinda guy, but you do need to read what's written on here, even if it is sometimes edited quite quickly!

The sacking of Jack Ross is just another example of a club going mad, his record, for those who don't know, is that only Liverpool and Man City have lost fewer games since he was appointed in the 4 divisions. Barnsley sack the manager who last season got them promotion at his first attempt. Now he is struggling in the Championship with one of the lowest budgets and they get rid. Short term idiocy, I hope they both drop like a stone.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:17 pm

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:

I can't agree, lots on here want him to fail, look at the comments on the score thread and the grudging posts after the victory. I know you have all of a sudden become a sack the manager kinda guy, but you do need to read what's written on here, even if it is sometimes edited quite quickly!

The sacking of Jack Ross is just another example of a club going mad, his record, for those who don't know, is that only Liverpool and Man City have lost fewer games since he was appointed in the 4 divisions. Barnsley sack the manager who last season got them promotion at his first attempt. Now he is struggling in the Championship with one of the lowest budgets and they get rid. Short term idiocy, I hope they both drop like a stone.

Can't agree on Ross. He has the best squad in the league by a mile, and has done for two years, as well as the most money. The underlying numbers his team have posted have been appalling, hence why he has got the boot.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:33 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Can't agree on Ross. He has the best squad in the league by a mile, and has done for two years, as well as the most money. The underlying numbers his team have posted have been appalling, hence why he has got the boot.

They've lost 2 from 14 games and have beaten two Premier League teams this season :lol: Underlying numbers, what a load of tripe. It's a bad decision, based on one poor performance on Saturday, which I hope will bite Sunderland hard.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:45 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Pretty much every Sunderland fan I know & I know quite a lot, hated him. He didn't lose many but his negativity resulted in them drawing a lot from winning positions. SAFC average 30,000 in the 3rd tier, standards and pressure I higher than any club outside the Prem. After several years of catastophic mismanagement off the field fan patience is wafer thin.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:52 pm

Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:

They've lost 2 from 14 games and have beaten two Premier League teams this season :lol: Underlying numbers, what a load of tripe. It's a bad decision, based on one poor performance on Saturday, which I hope will bite Sunderland hard.

Actually Rob I had the same view looking at his black and white record but the fans dissatisfaction with him is apparently twofold according to a good Mackem friend

Firstly the amount of draws especially from winning half time positions ...so much so that his half time team talks have become folk lore in , apparently, how to demotivate a team that's just played the opposition off the park for 45 minutes.

Secondly and as has already been said, an inability to make best use of a talented squad and high budget.

As for the views of many about Dempster...why is it that an injury time 1 nil victory suddenly wipes out all the disasters so far in the season. I desperately want the team and club to win and succeed and mine and other comments weren't "grudging" I just personally don't believe we will be successful under him. It's an opinion and which we all hold one way or another in support of him or not.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:01 pm

Who has said that the Grimsby result has wiped out all of the 'disasters'? I certainly haven't seen anyone say that. People just wanted to celebrate a last minute win and rightly so

Most stags fans aren't happy with our league position, me included and I certainly don't think it wipes out our poor start to the season but it may kick start our season and boost the players' confidence.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:09 pm

Rob wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:

You can call them tripe all you like but they usually even themselves out over a season, as they did last season. It's not at all based on one performance, so shows how much of a one eye view you are taking of things.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:10 pm

Sneag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:

Pretty much every Sunderland fan I know & I know quite a lot, hated him. He didn't lose many but his negativity resulted in them drawing a lot from winning positions. SAFC average 30,000 in the 3rd tier, standards and pressure I higher than any club outside the Prem. After several years of catastophic mismanagement off the field fan patience is wafer thin.

They'll get nowhere constantly sacking managers. Great news on their attendances, they probably also have the highest number of empty seats in League 1 as well. Means nowt. Maybe every 3 months all bar the top 3 should change manager? They are 4pts off 2nd, mental, but a damning indictment of the absolute lack of some fans patience, at all clubs.
Rob
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum