{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New Manager?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New Manager?

Postby WVStag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:39 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:The club will go into free fall and fans will vote with their feet if he stays now

so you'd rather sack him and have an interim in? Make sense to me... wait for the right manager to be available

That's based on the assumption things will get worse because we have an interim rather than JD/A permanent manager, is it?

The opposite is often actually true. The fact that JD would be gone would actually encourage a lot of fans who see it as a step in the right direction in salvaging the season, leading to a (however slight) more positive attitude in the stands and towards the team.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:20 pm

Players are mercenary,they play for the best wage they can get but they are also human which means keeping them in line, getting them fit and requiring them to earn thier large wages, compared to most supporters.

This, clearly, is not happening at our club.

Players only perform for a manager they professionally respect. A good example being Evans, there is no way the players would have liked the Fat Man personally, but they would respect his past achievements which are substantial and hope to get something on their footballing CV by playing for him.

My view anyway
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby peterpan29 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:43 pm

Give it giggsy till the end of the season
peterpan29
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby trenty » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:45 pm

Yesterday was full of chat about potential new manager being interviewed, so was it all raspberrys or what as nothing said today
trenty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:49 pm

trenty wrote:Yesterday was full of chat about potential new manager being interviewed, so was it all raspberrys or what as nothing said today

it'd all be hind the scenes... they will be looking for a replacement if they think JD can't turn it around... however during that process if he does turn it around and the manager they want isnt available it gives more time to JD... Theyre not going to announce anything till its set in stone. You expect the club to announce they're interviewing managers while JD is still in the job??!
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby trenty » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:54 pm

Not at all, just this site was full of talk yesterday now it's not
trenty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stockportstag » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:35 pm

I hope a new manager with experience will be appointed sooner that later. I certainly don't fancy another spell in the non-league arena.
Stockportstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Big yella » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:36 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:Tomorrow's ticket sales for one of the shortest journeys aren't too good apparently, it's surely the JD effect???

This was one of the games i was looking forward to this season after we learned league two was upon again.

The buzz has gone.

Westfield has 4 coaches going... I wonder how many are actually going to show?

One of my mates found an adult and child vale ticket on the floor after Tuesday

Any chance he can meet me at 9:00am at the train station tomorrow. I’ll give him a tenner.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:40 pm

After watching Drewe's full interview on iFollow, can we have him as the gaffer? :lol:

I think he could make me run through a brick wall :lol:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:48 am

stagmanrob wrote:After watching Drewe's full interview on iFollow, can we have him as the gaffer? :lol:

Drewe would be a welcome addition to any management team but he needs to be part of a good cop bad cop routine.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:33 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:After watching Drewe's full interview on iFollow, can we have him as the gaffer? :lol:

Drewe would be a welcome addition to any management team but he needs to be part of a good cop bad cop routine.

Well JD isn't a bad cop type of guy and what good would that do anyway? They know if they dont perform they wont get picked. His whole approach is about taking the pressure which exists naturally and not letting it spoil how you play. There is no point in then having a gaffer who plays bad cop as it just goes against what hes going and trades on fear like most bad cops.

Sounds like we've got good cop good cop and the idea is to help get the best from our players. Not bully them into performing like Evans did, although that can work sometimes.

This squad needs confidence. The quality is there, we've seen it, they just need to believe and own the game not just take part and hope like we have been doing of late.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:29 am

I just want to win at Port Vale .
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:32 am

I just want to win at Port Vale .
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:16 pm

Who's on potential manager watch today?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:20 pm

oldweststander wrote:Who's on potential manager watch today?

I've seen Chris Coleman and Sol Campbell scranning a Sainsbury's meal deal in their cars
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yellas-derek-yellas » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:09 pm

Has he gone yet?
yellas-derek-yellas
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Johnny H » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:16 pm

yellas-derek-yellas wrote:Has he gone yet?

No he hasn't and the board have recently backed him so until they decide otherwise he is here to stay and will continue to get my support.
Gutted we conceded so late on but we all know it happens.....Jeez, we won a title by scoring late goals in recent history.!!

We will climb the league and once we have Maynard back we will score more goals, we need to up the fitness levels but this league is there for the taking
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:28 pm

Johnny H wrote:
yellas-derek-yellas wrote:Has he gone yet?

No he hasn't and the board have recently backed him so until they decide otherwise he is here to stay and will continue to get my support.
Gutted we conceded so late on but we all know it happens.....Jeez, we won a title by scoring late goals in recent history.!!

We will climb the league and once we have Maynard back we will score more goals, we need to up the fitness levels but this league is there for the taking

As I said on another thread, it comes down to a simple choice: Either sack him or back him.
I’m leaning towards the latter.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:41 pm

Some of us are positive some negative about JD. Will someone in the first camp please explain why rather than just say give him time...back him...???

He has no managerial experience with professional footballers.
Including pre season, league and league cup he has won TWO games. ...about a 10% winning rate.
He inherited an almost successful team that needed fine tuning...got two great strikers and Kellan Gordon and we have deteriorated!
His substitutions have generally been disastrous
His tactics clueless
We've hardly played anyone decent yet
In moments of crisis he retreats pitch side behind others
We are 19th in the table

Yes I'm negative about him and have been from the appointment but please someone tell me other than blindly supporting him on what alternative grounds and reasons is he the man for the job????
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Johnny H » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:53 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Some of us are positive some negative about JD. Will someone in the first camp please explain why rather than just say give him time...back him...???

He has no managerial experience with professional footballers.
Including pre season, league and league cup he has won TWO games. ...about a 10% winning rate.
He inherited an almost successful team that needed fine tuning...got two great strikers and Kellan Gordon and we have deteriorated!
His substitutions have generally been disastrous
His tactics clueless
We've hardly played anyone decent yet
In moments of crisis he retreats pitch side behind others
We are 19th in the table

Yes I'm negative about him and have been from the appointment but please someone tell me other than blindly supporting him on what alternative grounds and reasons is he the man for the job????

Simple...…..the board say he is the man so as fans of THE CLUB we should back him until that stance changes and another manger is appointed (Which I do not think will happen anytime soon)
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:38 pm

Interesting happenings at Leyton Orient today. The gaffer himself has made the decision to move back in to his old role once a new manager is appointed in the coming weeks.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:10 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Interesting happenings at Leyton Orient today. The gaffer himself has made the decision to move back in to his old role once a new manager is appointed in the coming weeks.

Thing is though, haven't we got an academy manager? What would they do, just sack him to make room for JD to go back into the job?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:50 pm

Nathan Jones anyone?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:47 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Nathan Jones anyone?

Would take him in a heartbeat but he wouldn’t be interested in us.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:13 am

Jones is a typical example of how some managers do well at one club but crap at another, Stoke should have enough to hold there own in the championship .
Are the prims donnas not playing for him ?
daddycool
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum