{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

One more game for JD?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

One more game for JD?

Postby CalPMel » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:44 am

I think they will give him one more game. 12 games total.
CalPMel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: One more game for JD?

Postby Sneag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:40 am

I think he'll be in the dugout on Saturday, but I suspect he's already sacked, they just haven't told him yet.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:42 am

Sneag wrote:I think he'll be in the dugout on Saturday, but I suspect he's already sacked, they just haven't told him yet.

Was just going to say exactly the same.

I think the powers that be will be using the rest of this week to work out who would be interested in taking the job, before they pull the trigger.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:33 am

Exactly

Port Vale at 6/4 on Saturday... :shock:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:40 am

my God, not one more game, put the poor bloke out his misery now

his strength is working with the young uns

the fans will vote with their feet, do the right thing for all parties TODAY
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dp1976 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:08 pm

exactly right, what is one more game achieving other than increasing the dead man walking period, my first point of call though would be a meeting with the players with JR & CR, cards on table, nothing goes out of these 4 walls - What the **** is going off, discipline is embarassing, fitness looks shocking (marc richards at 39 ? looked fitter than anything we have), body language is reflective of a problem, wages are high, investment is high, league position is abject - tell me where the problems lie. Its ok saying Dempster cant legislate for sendings off and missed chances but if the players arent happy then that will be reflective in performance.

CJ of last season scores three last night, that first one was harder to drag wide, just put it in the corner, factor - friends and found a mentor in DF - upset with his sacking maybe
Matt Preston - solid last year and part of the best defence in the league - this season discipline of an out of control animal that looks like hes never played before - factor - friends with DF and a DF signing, was subject of a bid in the summer post flitcroft sacking that we turned down (source David Flitcroft who i have now seen twice whilst on holiday in Cyprus - once post sacking) - another upset with his sacking maybe ?

the two above wont be happy whoever is brought in if that theory is to be accurate but someone with authority and experience might just pull them round
Dp1976
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:33 pm

I think one more game about right but its putting off the inevitable
Hope they are scoping a new on already so as not to make rush decision.
This next one has to be RIGHT!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:34 pm

A lot of players couldn’t stand DF, including Pearce apparently, hence the board decision to get rid of DF. On top of that, the stats for the last 23 games last season make poor reading. Under JD discipline and fitness seem sadly lacking. He should be gone before Saturday to give us a chance at 3 points.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:58 pm

It’s beginning to feel that way somehow and if so Then I at least hope we are using these days to get a new manager lined up. But what if we nicked a win Saturday, then what, would he be replaced off the back of a win?

It’s clear to every man and his dog that a change is required I’d we are going to push for promotion, and I think the squad are probably thinking the same. I’m not sure delaying the inevitable would be beneficial. I think we may get a better performance out the team if they knew a new manager was about to come in, and they had to start playing for places. The mood must be incredibly flat in the dressing room right now and it should be lifted ASAP.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:22 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:A lot of players couldn’t stand DF, including Pearce apparently, hence the board decision to get rid of DF. On top of that, the stats for the last 23 games last season make poor reading. Under JD discipline and fitness seem sadly lacking. He should be gone before Saturday to give us a chance at 3 points.

Pearce hated DF? Pearce was a rock under DF and, at times, a liability under JD. Not sure that's how it works?

If JD does have 1 more game. Then he either need to abandon the back 3 or move Shaughnessy back there. If you want Shaughnessy in midfield then play a back 4 of White, Pearce, Sweeney and Benning. Gordon, Shaughnessy, Bishop and CJ in midfield

Mellis/Khan behind Rose up front.

OSJ did what he did last season, got his chance and blew it again. It was like we were down to 10 men most times. There's potential for a good player in him but sometimes it's like he suffers from stage fright. How many more opportunities do we give him?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:26 pm

Why on earth wait another game or two? Get rid now, install a caretaker for one or two games until we have the right replacement lined up. The caretaker might manage to get a couple of decent performances because God knows JD can't.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:26 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:A lot of players couldn’t stand DF, including Pearce apparently, hence the board decision to get rid of DF. On top of that, the stats for the last 23 games last season make poor reading. Under JD discipline and fitness seem sadly lacking. He should be gone before Saturday to give us a chance at 3 points.

If he's in charge at Port Vale it gives any new gaffer the chance to sit up in the stand and see what he's going to be working with. Sack JD today & Saturday would be a write off anyway.

Of course if Rob spots the new guy in the stand he'll forever be accused of circling like a vulture. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:29 pm

CalPMel wrote:I think they will give him one more game. 12 games total.

Which one game would you give him?
I would personally go for Macclesfield at home, could win that one, the others I am not confident.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:31 pm

gazza1988 wrote:

Pearce hated DF? Pearce was a rock under DF and, at times, a liability under JD. Not sure that's how it works?

If JD does have 1 more game. Then he either need to abandon the back 3 or move Shaughnessy back there. If you want Shaughnessy in midfield then play a back 4 of White, Pearce, Sweeney and Benning. Gordon, Shaughnessy, Bishop and CJ in midfield

OSJ did what he did last season, got his chance and blew it again. It was like we were down to 10 men most times. There's potential for a good player in him but sometimes it's like he suffers from stage fright. How many more opportunities do we give him?

You are rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic Gazza
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:06 pm

ST4GS wrote:
CalPMel wrote:I think they will give him one more game. 12 games total.

I would personally go for Macclesfield at home, could win that one, the others I am not confident.

But what is the point in that? Even if he wins it, all it proves is that he can beat the worst teams in the league and no one else. More games wasted.

I'm sorry but he has to go.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:19 pm

gazza1988 wrote:

I should have worded it better. Pearce came to hate him during the latter part of the season. A few other players did too, due to the way DF was behaving towards them. Very odd behaviour from DF. Apparently that’s why the board got rid. I can only pass on what I’ve been told. I liked DF, but the results might back this up, as we were rubbish from January onwards.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby CalPMel » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:22 pm

None I am stating what I think not what I want
CalPMel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:29 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

I should have worded it better. Pearce came to hate him during the latter part of the season. A few other players did too, due to the way DF was behaving towards them. Very odd behaviour from DF. Apparently that’s why the board got rid. I can only pass on what I’ve been told. I liked DF, but the results might back this up, as we were rubbish from January onwards.

I did think that's what you could have meant after I posted, but having posted it at the end of my dinner break I didn't have time to edit it. It can only take a few minutes to like someone and then go off them. I can see what we're getting at. I'm not privvy to those kinds of details, so I wouldn't know (it never stops me speculating though :lol:)
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:47 pm

Can’t believe he’s still here.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:49 pm

What happens to that goon Glover. He’s even more useless. What has he actually done whilst being here?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:50 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:

Hymas and co got rid of him because he wasn’t a ‘yes’ man.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:21 pm

Hope Pope isn't fit.
Always poses our defence a huge threat aerially, but with our terrible defensive performances lately there's plenty of goals in the game for him.

Think it will be JD's last.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:40 pm

Why on earth 24 hours after last night's debacle and the 100% unanimous view of everyone on here that it was time for JD to go are we even contemplating giving him one more game? What good would that honestly do except prolong the inevitable? Would a one nil win change anything now? Just lost how anyone can still think he is right to manage our club however nice a bloke he is.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:12 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:What happens to that goon Glover. He’s even more useless. What has he actually done whilst being here?

Hasn't JD credited him as the reason for our comeback in the Newport game?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:39 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:What happens to that goon Glover. He’s even more useless. What has he actually done whilst being here?

Hasn't JD credited him as the reason for our comeback in the Newport game?

Wow now that beggars it. Even more embarrassment.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum