{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

No U's score thread.. now Scorefred..sponsored by Apathy

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: No U's score thread.. now Scorefred..sponsored by Apathy

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:48 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
The One wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Sorry, I’ve been supportive but the straw has broken the camel’s back.

He needs to be replaced immediately

Been telling you that for weeks P. He is wrong fit.

Belly called us all out for seeing the signs early. I and the other 'negative' posters were right about him. Only it wasn't negative, it was reasonable doubt about a man who quickly seemed out his depth and lost.

He needs to leave ASAFP.

I was one of those getting stick from questioning his credentials ftom the beginning but hey let's give him time. Sod give him time. I was there tonight and the iconic thing is that they played better than against Scunthorpe until Preston lost it again. It was an awful tackle but far from immediately getting the team together and reorganising he JUST STOOD IN THE BACGROUND ....where was the motivation or tactics???!!

Worst stags manager in my lifetime.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MOTG » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:51 pm

MOTG wrote:4 0 to the Stags tonight ! Then we go on a tremendous run of good results!

Oooops sorry folks ! Got score right but to the wrong team .
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:52 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
weststander wrote:Anyway, was there actually any Stags fans still in the ground when the 4th went in?

Me. Until the bitter end. I expected more boos, but not much came. As flat as.....

Me too Cass I was really surprised at the lack of anger at the end....he had more security guards than catcalls
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Footie mad » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:31 pm

Did we really release George Taft ????
Footie mad
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The One » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:44 pm

Just got in been busy did we win? :D :D :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:53 pm

Footie mad wrote:Did we really release George Taft ????

Well, Steve Evans did.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:03 pm

Taft dealt with our average long ball game pretty well. Doesn't make him world class all of a sudden.

It's clear it's time for JD to go. I just hope people treat him with some respect. He's a long servant of the club, doesn't want to fail and shouldn't be getting pointless abuse hurled at him. Thankfully most had left before the end tonight so it wasnt as bad as it could have been.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:07 pm

Jamie wrote:Taft dealt with our average long ball game pretty well. Doesn't make him world class all of a sudden.

It's clear it's time for JD to go. I just hope people treat him with some respect. He's a long servant of the club, doesn't want to fail and shouldn't be getting pointless abuse hurled at him. Thankfully most had left before the end tonight so it wasnt as bad as it could have been.

Apparently he was told to f*** off and die which is absolutely disgusting
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:27 pm

I wasn’t at the game tonight due to work , sorry about the result and was disgusted to hear about the abuse John Dempster got.. I met him in Portugal and we spoke about his career at the stags as a player and coach and wished him luck as the manager. It’s a shame things have gone as they have but with regret I think it was wrong from the start and I hope he steps aside and gets respect. He’s a nice man but we need to move on.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Maldon Stag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:53 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Jamie wrote:Taft dealt with our average long ball game pretty well. Doesn't make him world class all of a sudden.

Apparently he was told to f*** off and die which is absolutely disgusting

No one deserves to be spoken to like that he is genuinely nice chap, he's far to nice for the Managers job In my opinion. I watched it last night on the TV, the sending off was key to our downfall, Cambridge seemed to come alive when Preston got the card, Preston needs to be blamed for this debacle not the manager, that tackle was a horror tackle and a career ending tackle and warranted the red.
Maldon Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:25 am

Couldn’t shake the disappointment all night, we need to come out draw a line under this appointment & move on, JD back with the youth set up and a fresh manager at the helm
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:35 am

You know what they say about managers what’s the difference between being good and lucky? I’m getting a feeling Dempster is neither, I’m prepared to give time on the good but as Dempster said himself if certain things keep happening it isn’t bad luck. Well I think we can class Preston’s decision making in that category!

I felt last night we started well, missed a couple of decent chances. We then faded for the rest of the first half and the sending off changed the second half. They got a break in the second half from a set piece then just picked us off as we pushed for a goal. All feels fairly consistent this season?

The big question is what next? Firstly Dempster doesn’t deserve the abuse but secondly his management career should be on thin ice which I think it is. John had ‘interesting’ things to say in his programme notes, is it that time already?
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby West Ham 1969 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:43 am

I had to ask my mate just how many players we had sent off! Can’t believe only one being sent off made all that difference...we played like we were down to 8 men! Dempster looked absolutely clueless!!!
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby James » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:04 am

Footie mad wrote:Did we really release George Taft ????

We made him look like Maldini last night, doesn't mean he's better than what we've got.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:07 am

Interesting reaction at the end. ( putting aside the "f off" moron, who I didn't hear) At a time when fans normally want a manager out, it can get quite nasty and venomous. Last night, there were very few boos. Just a realisation and some regret that here is a man totally, utterly out of his depth. Put there by someone who should have known better.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:09 am

Having had time to reflect, the anger has gone and its more disappointment and embarrassment if im honest, I have always liked JD as a bloke but its awful to watch him attempt to manage this team.

If there was a way we could find him another role at the club then do it but he needs to go, the players do no respect him enough to show discipline and unfortunately his decision making has been poor at times.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:16 am

I think this goes deeper than the manager. I don't know why it is but this club has been on a downward spiral since February and the totally gutless 'performance' at County. Ok we have had the odd good performance (eg Exeter away last season) since then but we have never hit the heights of November/December and have not shown any kind of consistency since.

I have been very supportive of Mr Dempster but after last nights capitulation I can't really see a way forward for him. The players aren't without blame and quite frankly I wouldn't sign any of them based on last night. The title of this thread appears quite apt judging by the reaction at the end as everyone appeared deflated and resigned to the situation.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:12 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
The One wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Sorry, I’ve been supportive but the straw has broken the camel’s back.

He needs to be replaced immediately

Been telling you that for weeks P. He is wrong fit.

Belly called us all out for seeing the signs early. I and the other 'negative' posters were right about him. Only it wasn't negative, it was reasonable doubt about a man who quickly seemed out his depth and lost.

He needs to leave ASAFP.

I was one of those getting stick from questioning his credentials ftom the beginning but hey let's give him time. Sod give him time. I was there tonight and the iconic thing is that they played better than against Scunthorpe until Preston lost it again. It was an awful tackle but far from immediately getting the team together and reorganising he JUST STOOD IN THE BACGROUND ....where was the motivation or tactics???!!

Worst stags manager in my lifetime.

Agree re that point of re shaping things... he seems so laid back and not up to any sort of motivation at all a complete inertia in his facial expression at the end of the game looks the same as when he won at Carlisle..no emotion or drive or sweat or tears or anything.
Worst manager might be a bit strong but he is close.
Players appear to feel nothing much for him.

We need a manager between Evans and him .....somewhere in the middle...is there anybody out there??
Last edited by tillydog123 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:15 pm

West Ham 1969 wrote:I had to ask my mate just how many players we had sent off! Can’t believe only one being sent off made all that difference...we played like we were down to 8 men! Dempster looked absolutely clueless!!!

Me and the old man said the same. We looked like a few players had been sent off. Cambridge were made to look like world beaters when in reality I thought they were poor. The capitulation was really embarrassing, summed up by the shove that lead to the penalty!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum