{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

carolyn

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: carolyn

Postby Random Hero » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:37 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
See what I mean, it's a flipping football match. I bet you were giving JD pelters if it's the be all and end all, get a life man

I sat in a silent disbelief if I'm honest. Thanks for the tip though :D
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:17 am

I'm not at all convinced that our club's CEO has the wherewithal to plant hidden meanings on social media.

She is so I love with her own persona that nothing else really matters unless that something else is a tool to thrust her into the limelight, getting a tad fed up with her, sorry but I am.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:18 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:Where has she slated tonight's performance? I can only see the photo & caption.

In the Facebook comments she says :

'Dealing with men is a nightmare! No clue.' (there's some of that sexism she loves to talk about the other way round)

'Awful all round'.

'My children's inheritance'

Someone says the post will antagonise fans, she says 'No I think that was the performance'.

The dealing with men comment shoots her in the foot when it comes to her claims of sexism.

The ivory tower is false. She’s not playing with a straight bat.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Tawnystag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:51 pm

It’s the in thing for women (mainly girls) to post quotes on their social media photos. Usually empty attempts to make themselves look deep and profound. Don’t look too much into it, I suspect the photo was on her camera roll and she wanted to thin excuse to use it/gain attention.
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby NorthLondonStag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:04 pm

Tawnystag wrote:It’s the in thing for women (mainly girls) to post quotes on their social media photos. Usually empty attempts to make themselves look deep and profound. Don’t look too much into it, I suspect the photo was on her camera roll and she wanted to thin excuse to use it/gain attention.

Clearly a professionally staged and taken photo that must have been on the stocks and ready for use - not taken last night, unless she happened to be lying around on a white floor in a pink dress, with a white, well lit background and a coiffured canine and JR snapped it on his iPhone.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:35 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
Tawnystag wrote:It’s the in thing for women (mainly girls) to post quotes on their social media photos. Usually empty attempts to make themselves look deep and profound. Don’t look too much into it, I suspect the photo was on her camera roll and she wanted to thin excuse to use it/gain attention.

Clearly a professionally staged and taken photo that must have been on the stocks and ready for use - not taken last night, unless she happened to be lying around on a white floor in a pink dress, with a white, well lit background and a coiffured canine and JR snapped it on his iPhone.

Obviously it was in the stock pile. she wanted to say 'every dog has its day', and thought 'ah, I've got a photo of a dog I can put with that.'

Forget the photo. It's inconcequential, the interesting thing is who she thinks the dog is, and when their day was/is.

People underestimate her. She's not stupid, and she knows that being underestimated is, strategically, a very good place to be.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Herts Stag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:38 pm

What a shame that a run of bad results, a poor managerial appointment and all the vitriol starts to come out at the owners. We don't know how lucky we are to Have the Radfords. This backbiting is pretty childish.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:45 pm

Herts Stag wrote:What a shame that a run of bad results, a poor managerial appointment and all the vitriol starts to come out at the owners. We don't know how lucky we are to Have the Radfords. This backbiting is pretty childish.

Some of the comments are moronic. One lad was saying he would rather the Radford's sell up and leave the club in the dirt than see Carolyn on Facebook. Makes me worried if they listen to these comments, but I'm sure they've dealt with imbeciles like these before and will rise above it.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:54 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:

Obviously it was in the stock pile. she wanted to say 'every dog has its day', and thought 'ah, I've got a photo of a dog I can put with that.'

Forget the photo. It's inconcequential, the interesting thing is who she thinks the dog is, and when their day was/is.

People underestimate her. She's not stupid, and she knows that being underestimated is, strategically, a very good place to be.

Thanks for the explanation AWC. I was trying to be ironic and stating the obvious, not trying to pretend I had some high level detective skills that I was using to disprove that she had taken it last night! Perhaps that didn’t come across.

I don’t particularly care myself what the hidden meaning is as a decent sized business (football club or otherwise) should not in my humble opinion have its HR/board comms run through Facebook and Instagram.

Yes, absolutely, use social media for PR purposes and to drum up support or a ‘buzz’ around the club and more than fair play to Carolyn for that. In fact I don’t have an issue as some others do with the ‘signing video’ or any of her other promotional posts for that matter. If they get genuine interest in the club and encourage people through the door or sponsorship or whatever then that’s fine by me.

Yes, I can also see that John’s programme notes being issued through Facebook gets them out to a wider community.

But no (just in my opinion) to photos of dogs on Instagram with cryptic comments about who knows, but possibly about co-directors or the manager and their respective employment status. That sort of thing should be dealt with in a private meeting or a board meeting.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Gruff » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:29 pm

The easiest way to prevent being embarrassed/angered by social media, and to not encourage people to display images which may upset you, is not either not use it or not follow them.

The Radford's have made a decision to invest in Mansfield Town, and actually want success for the club. The vitriol/spite and jealously spouted on social media (and on here) about their social media posts is none of our concern. Perfection in owners doesn't exist, so accept the rough with the smooth.

You may want them to tone down their social media presence and focus on Mansfield Town, whereas they would be well within their rights to focus on their social media presence and tone down their investment in Mansfield Town. We don't hold the cards in this relationship, unless we want to hound them out..... I'm sure Haslam, Hardy or Smurfthwaite would be interested in getting us to the Championship...

If you don't like it, don't look at it.

Suck it up Buttercup
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby NorthLondonStag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:42 pm

Gruff, if your response was to me then you may have missed my point. I’m not embarrassed or angered by it in any way and I didn’t say that.

Nor do I have any problem with Carolyn or indeed anyone else for that matter using social media (see my comments above where I said I thought it made sense mostly). They can and should do that all they like.

All I was saying was I just don’t think it’s particularly sensible for debates on what are presumably HR or board issues to take place on Instagram and Facebook.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:43 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:

Thanks for the explanation AWC. I was trying to be ironic and stating the obvious, not trying to pretend I had some high level detective skills that I was using to disprove that she had taken it last night! Perhaps that didn’t come across.

I don’t particularly care myself what the hidden meaning is as a decent sized business (football club or otherwise) should not in my humble opinion have its HR/board comms run through Facebook and Instagram.

Yes, absolutely, use social media for PR purposes and to drum up support or a ‘buzz’ around the club and more than fair play to Carolyn for that. In fact I don’t have an issue as some others do with the ‘signing video’ or any of her other promotional posts for that matter. If they get genuine interest in the club and encourage people through the door or sponsorship or whatever then that’s fine by me.

Yes, I can also see that John’s programme notes being issued through Facebook gets them out to a wider community.

But no (just in my opinion) to photos of dogs on Instagram with cryptic comments about who knows, but possibly about co-directors or the manager and their respective employment status. That sort of thing should be dealt with in a private meeting or a board meeting.

Yes it did come across and was worth a slight smirk NLS. However, you're reading into it as much as me. All she said was 'every dog has his day', you dont need a private board meeting to say that, pink dress and pooch or not.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:36 pm

If anyone was to have their photograph taken with animal after last nights game it would not be laying down like Michelle Pfeiffer across the piano in ’The Fabulous Baker Boys’ with a small furry dog.

It would be of someone kicking next doors cat over the fence in sheer frustration over the result. There is a time a place Carolyn and last night definitely was not.

Note - No animals were harmed in the typing of this post.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:13 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:Gruff, if your response was to me then you may have missed my point. I’m not embarrassed or angered by it in any way and I didn’t say that.

Nor do I have any problem with Carolyn or indeed anyone else for that matter using social media (see my comments above where I said I thought it made sense mostly). They can and should do that all they like.

All I was saying was I just don’t think it’s particularly sensible for debates on what are presumably HR or board issues to take place on Instagram and Facebook.

No mate, not aimed at you at all. It is a generalisation at some of the Stags fans who think they are in a position to criticise and demand things from out owners. Even the Twitter page MTFC Banter have thrown criticism at them.

If I was trying to do so much for the club, and getting this sort of abuse/trolling I'd probably consider just moving on and finding something else to invest in, where I might be appreciated a litlle more.
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tuopolfpilf » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:06 am

Don't underestimate Carolyn, she is a very intelligent woman, who knows what she wants and how to get it
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:30 am

Leave the Radfords well alone in my view and treat them with a bit more respect.
They do more than enough for the club and have the money and success to do what they want with the club and their lives and Iam sure Carolyn can handle social media very well without any advice from any of us.

A few green eyed monsters about in the town me thinks.

In JR and CR we trust in JD not so sure!.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:43 am

How can you leave JR and presumably CR out when they appointed JD into a position which currently he has not got the ability to undertake.

Their decision, their money, their club, I get that but it doesn't make their choice of a rookie manager the correct or sensible one.

Forget project promotion, home in on project survival unless big changes are made and made quickly.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:53 am

As I've said before, everyone is grateful for what Mr Radford has done for the club, but that doesn't mean that they're beyond reproach.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:45 am

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... t-for-some

This this explains why the Radfords are tax exiles.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:21 pm

Correct Musings.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum