{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby gavinbrookes » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:57 pm

BigGuy wrote:I don’t know why you are surprised when you say he plays not to lose, I came on here and repeated what JD said at a forum pre season, that “I will be happy with a point away, and win our home games.”

He has just said in his post match interview that had we “got a point today, and then only get a point Tuesday, it does not look good, but if we win Tuesday we will be better off even with today’s loss”, so in essence backing up the theory.

Join the dots, play to draw away and win at home, simples.... just aint working out that way.

On paper, winning at home and drawing away is a decent return (2 points per game) and would ensure automatic promotion. As you say, it isn't working out like that though.

Another issue I have with that is that I think it is hard to breed a winning mentality when you also go looking for draws in half of our games. Even if this is successful, and we get points away, it stifles any chance of putting a run of wins together and also places immense pressure on the home games which become must-wins.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:01 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:Again there’s a lot of melodrama on here but this was one of those games we
Could have one or lost and we probably should have drawn.

Positives were that Logan was great. He saved everything (including the penalty) and had no chance for the deflected goal.

We played the ball around nicely at times and had at least three or four opportunities that could have gone in.

Negatives were that Danny didn’t win many headers and the jury has to be out on Maynard.

Shaughnessy looked ordinary today to me. CJ was lively but for me he either needs to get past the defender down the wing or cut inside. He too easily gets pushed out long and wide and then he struggles to pull back the cross and we lose momentum.

This performance was by no means bad though.

The jury shouldn’t be out on Maynard. In fact, I don’t know how anyone can judge him yet seen as though we don’t play to his strengths at all. Maynard’s got a fantastic first touch and links up play well. So do we ever get the ball into his feet? Do we heck. He’s just playing off the scraps from the occasional Rose flick on. Never ever going to get the best out of him with the way that we play under Dempster.

The jury shouldn’t be out on Maynard but we shouldn’t judge him yet?! That’s precisely what the phrase means!
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:06 pm

It’s very hard to post on here and have a reasonable debate when people take a turn of phrase which basically means ‘I’m not sure whether Maynard will turn out to be a good signing or not’ and turn it into a confrontational debate by trying to turn it into something I have not said.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:07 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:Again there’s a lot of melodrama on here but this was one of those games we

Positives were that Logan was great. He saved everything (including the penalty) and had no chance for the deflected goal.

We played the ball around nicely at times and had at least three or four opportunities that could have gone in.

Negatives were that Danny didn’t win many headers and the jury has to be out on Maynard.

Shaughnessy looked ordinary today to me. CJ was lively but for me he either needs to get past the defender down the wing or cut inside. He too easily gets pushed out long and wide and then he struggles to pull back the cross and we lose momentum.

Coulda woulda shoulda. We didn't.

Sit down and behave.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:08 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:

Sit down and behave.

Why is it necessary to be rude? Was I rude to you or to anyone else or was I just offering a view on the game and what I thought of the players?
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:10 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:phil parkinson and steve parkin please

Darrell Clarke please.

Doing wonders with Walsall ain't he

Might get him on the cheap then.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bluenyellow » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:22 pm

I’m not sacking anyone!!! What a ridiculous idea... I believe in longevity not switching it up always.
carolyn on facebook just now
Doc said i needed a pacemaker,so ive now got a flippin kenyan 2 yds in front of me everywhere i go.
bluenyellow
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:23 pm

We’ve a good chance of a new division next season!

Get those derbies back with chesterfield and county as it stands.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:24 pm

adamstag wrote:We’ve a good chance of a new division next season!

Get those derbies back with chesterfield and county as it stands.

Been saying from the start that was my fear from the moment he was appointed
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:34 pm

bluenyellow wrote:I’m not sacking anyone!!! What a ridiculous idea... I believe in longevity not switching it up always.
carolyn on facebook just now

The decision his theirs but the fans are starting to turn on JD already , the feel good factor of the last few seasons is diminishing fast .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:43 pm

Im a bit fed up but ,i dont think sacking him is going to end our problems totally peed off tonight it was dire
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Assuming you were watching this at the hacienda, Spanish Stag, but I thought we aren’t too bad, and not dire. The teams were well matched and we were unfortunate not to score. Not great, but not dire.
As a game of football it was certainly much more entertaining than Exeter.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:10 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:Assuming you were watching this at the hacienda, Spanish Stag, but I thought we aren’t too bad, and not dire. The teams were well matched and we were unfortunate not to score. Not great, but not dire.

It was dire ,every time we had the ball in our half we just hoofed it ,never once did conrad pass the ball out ,it was just lumped up the pitch our midfield if we even had one was reduced to chasing the long ball down ,our attack may as well have just waited for the very rare chance of a clean strike on goal danny rose s chance or the most wasted chance when maynard was free ,being the obvious exceptions ,
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Philip » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:17 pm

I think some are being a tad unfair here.

I read that Crawley have the best goals on counter attacks stas in the division. We were set up to nullify that threat and for the most part did that. Credit the manager.

Having set up in that way we were never going to create too much
One golden opportunity taken would have sufficed - shame about that.

CJ was the only real danger and despite his every move being scrutinised seemed to offer pace and guile, that only Maynard matched occasionally.

The team looked like one that is, like the fans, wondering what is missing. No lack of effort, some moments of quality, but overall missing something from the jigsaw.
Philip
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:21 pm

PHILIP wrote:I think some are being a tad unfair here.

I read that Crawley have the best goals on counter attacks stas in the division. We were set up to nullify that threat and for the most part did that. Credit the manager.

CJ was the only real danger and despite his every move being scrutinised seemed to offer pace and guile, that only Maynard matched occasionally.

The team looked like one that is, like the fans, wondering what is missing. No lack of effort, some moments of quality, but overall missing something from the jigsaw.

I really hope your right ,but its getting harder to have the belief
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:22 pm

spanishstag wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:Assuming you were watching this at the hacienda, Spanish Stag, but I thought we aren’t too bad, and not dire. The teams were well matched and we were unfortunate not to score. Not great, but not dire.

It was dire ,every time we had the ball in our half we just hoofed it ,never once did conrad pass the ball out ,it was just lumped up the pitch our midfield if we even had one was reduced to chasing the long ball down ,our attack may as well have just waited for the very rare chance of a clean strike on goal danny rose s chance or the most wasted chance when maynard was free ,being the obvious exceptions ,

We did go long quite a few times but to suggest Conrad never passed it is far off the mark. With your comments tonight I'm beginning to wonder if you tuned into the correct game.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:32 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:

Sit down and behave.

Why is it necessary to be rude? Was I rude to you or to anyone else or was I just offering a view on the game and what I thought of the players?

It was light hearted banter, sorry.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:33 pm

Some on here will still be making excuse, for this manager, as we drop into the conference. Get him gone now, and get somebody in that wants to play proper passing football, not kick and rush like this manager.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:34 pm

spanishstag wrote:

I’ve seen dire from the Stags, Spanish. I was there and watched the game and that wasn’t dire.

If you want dire there’s many examples of that over the years from the Stags.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:39 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:

Sit down and behave.

It was light hearted banter, sorry.

No worries. Sometimes it would be good to have a debate about the football, rather than its terrible/it’s great.

For instance what did people think of Shaughnessy today. I thought he didn’t play at all well compared to the Scunthorpe game.

Maybe we can have threads where we just discuss football (what I’m interested in) rather than who is going to be/should be sacked.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:40 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

We did go long quite a few times but to suggest Conrad never passed it is far off the mark. With your comments tonight I'm beginning to wonder if you tuned into the correct game.

Believe me i did ,as for going long a few times ,it was every time from the back ,i cant recall one instance of trying to start a move from conrad to a defender and trying to build an attack
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:45 pm

Sorry Spanish. That’s not right. There was plenty of build up where the team got down the wings. Several cross field passes ended up with CJ or Gordon down the line. The Rose chance came from a ball through to Maynard which he passed through to Rose (from memory, I haven’t seen the replay yet).
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:49 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:Sorry Spanish. That’s not right. There was plenty of build up where the team got down the wings. Several cross field passes ended up with CJ or Gordon down the line. The Rose chance came from a ball through to Maynard which he passed through to Rose (from memory, I haven’t seen the replay yet).

Yes i know that ,but where was the build up from the back ,those chances you mention did not come about ,because we tried to build slowly from the back ,they came from crawleys inability or even ours to build a decent attacking move
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby NG17_stag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:49 pm

PHILIP wrote:I think some are being a tad unfair here.

Crawley away was always going to be tough but I have no sympathy for Demps dropping points today as it’s his own fault we were in a position in which we were desperate for a win. Now 9 behind automatics and not only do we need to go on a very good run, we also need those in the top 3 to have a nightmare run like we’ve had. I’ve had enough now, he needs to go. Dread what the atmosphere will be like if we fail to beat Cambridge Tuesday.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:58 pm

spanishstag wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:Sorry Spanish. That’s not right. There was plenty of build up where the team got down the wings. Several cross field passes ended up with CJ or Gordon down the line. The Rose chance came from a ball through to Maynard which he passed through to Rose (from memory, I haven’t seen the replay yet).

Yes i know that ,but where was the build up from the back ,those chances you mention did not come about ,because we tried to build slowly from the back ,they came from crawleys inability or even ours to build a decent attacking move

If you think we are long ball have a look at the highlights right now on I follow. The vast majority our chances come from through balls or on the ground passing.

And see how many chances we had compared to Crawley’s deflected goal.

We played alright and made at least 4 or 5 chances.

I came away from Exeter depressed as we made so few chances and thinking it was a boring game.

I came away from here thinking we were really unlucky to get a point and not more.

Before commenting please have a look at the highlights and some of the lead up to the chances instead of just looking at the score.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum