{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Creepy v stags ,scorefred ,sponsored by spanish cerveza

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:14 pm

3/4 games left for him unless results pick up.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:16 pm

Sedgwick wrote:3/4 games left for him unless results pick up.

Smoking the strongest of shh you are.

Sober up and then ask yourself if you want 3/4 games of the same stuff.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stoney » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:17 pm

3 very tough games coming up now, I can't see us picking up more than 3 points from the possible 9. Dempster needs 6 points at least from the next 3 or he will be gone I think.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:17 pm

There is a difference ,between being bloody angry about a teams display ,or a managers tactics or non tactics i have always defended him ,but now i cannot ,he still might get it right with our players he should i just dont know ,seriously fed utonight p
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby tinman » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:18 pm

Dempster. Plays not to lose. No ambition to go front foot from minute one. Would be happy with a draw. Players sit back waiting to concede then happily step up pace when behind. Not ambitious enough.
First Stags Match Stags 0 Crewe 0, 14th September 1974
tinman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:18 pm

I've said it since the start of the season, while ever he thinks MacDonald is the first name on the team sheet in midfield we are going nowhere.

More square pegs in round holes and its the same insipid performance, he's got to go
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:19 pm

This experiment needs to end now. Go and get Phil Parkinson!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:20 pm

WVStag wrote:

Wally of the week award again.

Hes not going to sack him today or Tuesday.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:20 pm

WVStag wrote:

Gap could be 8-10 points just to the playoffs in 3/4 games time and then it’s becoming a huge task for anybody to try and muster something from the season.

We’ve got to just wake up and smell the coffee and get this done sooner rather than later.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:24 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
WVStag wrote:

It's very hard to take a comment like that seriously when you are top 3 most deluded people on this messageboard, but as long as it makes you feel better.

The realism of whether he will get sacked or not is not the same as discussing whether he should get sacked. Or is that something else you can't quite understand?
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:26 pm

WVStag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
WVStag wrote:

It's very hard to take a comment like that seriously when you are top 3 most deluded people on this messageboard, but as long as it makes you feel better.

The realism of whether he will get sacked or not is not the same as discussing whether he should get sacked. Or is that something else you can't quite understand?

I think he should be sacked, if he can't show he can turn it around in the next 3/4 games.

I also think you're raspberry who's yet to post anything of worth on this website. You just attack people with different opinions . Do you quite understand that you offer no value to to this site? :Lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:27 pm

It was pathetic today end of
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:33 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Sorry ,this is unacceptable ,i have defended him but this is terrible

Well THAT’S sorted then. El Staggo has pronounced.

El staggo was going when they just built the west stand ,creeping into reserve games for nowt ,even
there on the old supporters club on quarry lane ,
Mind you that dont mean buggrr all
Last edited by spanishstag on Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:34 pm

spanishstag wrote:It was pathetic today end of

Another one turned against him, it must be getting bad
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Again there’s a lot of melodrama on here but this was one of those games we
Could have one or lost and we probably should have drawn.

Positives were that Logan was great. He saved everything (including the penalty) and had no chance for the deflected goal.

We played the ball around nicely at times and had at least three or four opportunities that could have gone in.

Negatives were that Danny didn’t win many headers and the jury has to be out on Maynard.

Shaughnessy looked ordinary today to me. CJ was lively but for me he either needs to get past the defender down the wing or cut inside. He too easily gets pushed out long and wide and then he struggles to pull back the cross and we lose momentum.

This performance was by no means bad though.
Last edited by NorthLondonStag on Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby tillydog123 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Season is obvious odd home wins odd away wins and some draws all pointing to average season
We only lost 1 nil but it’s still no points
Change manager it’s not going to turn out well this season
5 points adrift if even play offs now
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:40 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:Again there’s a lot of melodrama on here but this was one of those games we

Positives were that Logan was great. He saved everything (including the penalty) and had no chance for the deflected goal.

We played the ball around nicely at times and had at least three or four opportunities that could have gone in.

Negatives were that Danny didn’t win many headers and the jury has to be out on Maynard.

Shaughnessy looked ordinary today to me. CJ was lively but for me he either needs to get past the defender down the wing or cut inside. He too easily gets pushed out long and wide and then he struggles to pull back the cross and we lose momentum.

The jury shouldn’t be out on Maynard. In fact, I don’t know how anyone can judge him yet seen as though we don’t play to his strengths at all. Maynard’s got a fantastic first touch and links up play well. So do we ever get the ball into his feet? Do we heck. He’s just playing off the scraps from the occasional Rose flick on. Never ever going to get the best out of him with the way that we play under Dempster.
Last edited by Cleveland_Stag on Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:40 pm

I think if we lose at home to Cambridge on Tuesday he will be sacked. If we draw I reckon he'll get a couple more games, if we win a couple more than that.

What's the deal with Cook? Is he injured or something? I've been so disappointed with how this signing is turning out so far.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:42 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:Again there’s a lot of melodrama on here but this was one of those games we

Disappointing that we came away empty handed, but the performance sounds better. We need to take some encouragement from that.

Thanks for your feedback NLS
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:43 pm

The service we supply Maynard with is quite frankly embarrassing, he must wonder what he’s signed up to. The best he’s had to work with in the past 3 games is 2 efforts from wide positions.

We don’t play to his strengths at all because the majority of time it’s smashed up to Rose.. and when Rose did have the chance to put one on a plate for Maynard (just like Maynard did for Rose in the first half), he decided against it in favour of a weak shot.

Whenever he’s involved and we get the ball in to his feet he looks very tidy. I actually feel a bit sorry for him at times watching his reaction as another hopeless ball sails over his head that he has to chase.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:46 pm

Very condescending towards Crawley. Are some forgetting we are Mansfield Town!!! Hardly flipping Barcelona ourselves. We’re crap, we’ve always been crap and we will always be crap....which isn’t much better than Crawley :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:47 pm

I don’t know why you are surprised when you say he plays not to lose, I came on here and repeated what JD said at a forum pre season, that “I will be happy with a point away, and win our home games.”

He has just said in his post match interview that had we “got a point today, and then only get a point Tuesday, it does not look good, but if we win Tuesday we will be better off even with today’s loss”, so in essence backing up the theory.

Join the dots, play to draw away and win at home, simples.... just aint working out that way.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:47 pm

gavinbrookes wrote:I think if we lose at home to Cambridge on Tuesday he will be sacked. If we draw I reckon he'll get a couple more games, if we win a couple more than that.

What's the deal with Cook? Is he injured or something? I've been so disappointed with how this signing is turning out so far.

He should do the right thing and step down before the whole fan base turns on him which would be a shame with the service he’s given the club. JR and his fellow directors should be shouldering the blame poor appointment .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:50 pm

Good review NLS but the hard cold facts are we lost to Crawley.....not Plymouth or Newport or Exeter or Swindon but Crawley......to go with the other no shows. ...and don't forget the uninspiring awful pre season too. We quite right lauded DF for the buzz he gave us from last year but from the very start of JDs tenure we've had no excitement. ..nothing to shout about....nothing to make us think....this year....we know he's going to go and got to go so give someone with a successful pedigree a chance before its too late.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:54 pm

BH_Stag wrote:

The service we supply Maynard with is quite frankly embarrassing, he must wonder what he’s signed up to. The best he’s had to work with in the past 3 games is 2 efforts from wide positions.

We don’t play to his strengths at all because the majority of time it’s smashed up to Rose.. and when Rose did have the chance to put one on a plate for Maynard (just like Maynard did for Rose in the first half), he decided against it in favour of a weak shot.

Whenever he’s involved and we get the ball in to his feet he looks very tidy. I actually feel a bit sorry for him at times watching his reaction as another hopeless ball sails over his head that he has to chase.

I sort of take your point but he really hasn’t done a great deal today or in the last couple of games.

Today he played Rose in (Rose should have scored and shouldn’t have taken that heavy touch) but not a lot else. He doesn’t seem to get into positions where the midfield can give him the ball to feet and he can do something with it.

It’s just my opinion and that’s exactly why I had said that for me the jury is out, not that he is a poor player or that he should be dropped.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum