{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stags v scunny scorefred by the spanish virgin

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stags v scunny scorefred by the spanish virgin

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:53 pm

WVStag wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:Good to finally get a much needed home win. I’m quite disappointed in Dempster however. We’re 2-0 up, look comfortable against bottom of the league who weren’t posing a threat, and instead of wanting to make a statement and put four past them, Dempster went ultra defensive for no need and let them build some pressure. We looked awful after he made his changes.

For me, Dempster definitely hasn’t got the mindset to get us promoted, or even close. We can all see with Dempsters substitutions, tactics, the direct style of play and his sometimes questionable team selections that he’s very cautious by nature. Teams don’t get promoted when their manager has this defensive, cautious mindset, so today despite the positive result has not warmed me to Dempsters prospects as manager one bit.

Class post. Well said.

Agreed, that’s the bottom line. Drop the negative mindset or forget promotion in my opinion.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:55 pm

Against a side low on confidence we sure as hell did our best to give them some. We've shown frailty at the back in recent games, why invite pressure onto that defence. With 10 minutes to go we should have brought Smith or sterling James on for MacDonald and gone for another goal. The defence would have picked up confidence from a win, clean sheet and largely error free.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:56 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
WVStag wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:Good to finally get a much needed home win. I’m quite disappointed in Dempster however. We’re 2-0 up, look comfortable against bottom of the league who weren’t posing a threat, and instead of wanting to make a statement and put four past them, Dempster went ultra defensive for no need and let them build some pressure. We looked awful after he made his changes.

For me, Dempster definitely hasn’t got the mindset to get us promoted, or even close. We can all see with Dempsters substitutions, tactics, the direct style of play and his sometimes questionable team selections that he’s very cautious by nature. Teams don’t get promoted when their manager has this defensive, cautious mindset, so today despite the positive result has not warmed me to Dempsters prospects as manager one bit.

Class post. Well said.

Agreed, that’s the bottom line. Drop the negative mindset or forget promotion in my opinion.

We are going nowhere except, at best, middle table mediocrity with this manager. You could see JR looking around at the derision being expressed despite the win.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:00 pm

Think those tactics were to save his own Ass in the short term didn’t want to give them anything . It’s only a matter of time before he’s replaced .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Butch » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:01 pm

Cleveland Stag bang on the money here. These tactics are piss poor. A wins a win I get that, but that was bloody awful today.
Could easily been another Leyton Orient second half there. Come on Dempster we are better than that!
Butch
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BigGuy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:04 pm

WVStag wrote:This result has bought JD some time. Which annoys me.

Wow, so you’d have been happier to lose to the bottom of the table side?
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:05 pm

BigGuy wrote:

Yes for the long term good for the club.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby nick_stags » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:07 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
BigGuy wrote:

Yes for the long term good for the club.

Wow.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:08 pm

So we now have fans hoping we lose, “for the good of the club”, just for clarity?
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:09 pm

On the plus side the new lad was decent and Macca did a good job again.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:13 pm

BigGuy wrote:So we now have fans hoping we lose, “for the good of the club”, just for clarity?

It's not our fault you don't understand it. Some get it, some don't.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BigGuy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:14 pm

Oh I get it alright, I’m just a fan who would never wish for us to lose a game, my bad.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:15 pm

BigGuy wrote:Oh I get it alright, I’m just a fan who would never wish for us to lose a game, my bad.

No you don't get it. But that's okay. You can learn.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby NG17_stag » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:16 pm

Conker wrote:On the plus side the new lad was decent and Macca did a good job again.

CJ on the other hand... how can a professional footballer try to kick a football and completely miss it on two separate occasions within a game? The lad baffles me. If he’s to continue playing we need to employ someone to run up and down the touchline constantly telling him what to do in very simple terms.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:18 pm

[quote="BigGuy"]Oh I get it alright, I’m just a fan who would never wish for us to lose a game, my bad.[/quote

So you'd rather the odd uninspiring rudderless mind numbing win under this disaster of a manager and finish below mid point or even into doing a Notts County rather than getting a manager who has achieved something and who can motivate and gel this squad of excellent players because Dempster clearly can't.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:19 pm

WVStag wrote:
BigGuy wrote:Oh I get it alright, I’m just a fan who would never wish for us to lose a game, my bad.

No you don't get it. But that's okay. You can learn.

I do trust me, I’m quite clever you know. You dont like JD as boss as much as some users didn’t like DF.

Hopefully JR won’t mind doshing out on another manager so soon, maybe he can call you first for your expert opinion.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:20 pm

WV Stag isn’t annoyed that we won, clearly. He’s annoyed that the result has bought Dempster some more time, which is a waste of time really considering he’s 100% not going to get us close to promotion. Quicker he goes and we bring in a proper, proven manager the better.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:21 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
So you'd rather the odd uninspiring rudderless mind numbing win under this disaster of a manager and finish below mid point or even into doing a Notts County rather than getting a manager who has achieved something and who can motivate and gel this squad of excellent players because Dempster clearly can't.

We should have done all of that in the summer when moving on from DF, but we’ll have to stick as we are for a bit longer.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:21 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:

WV Stag isn’t annoyed that we won, clearly. He’s annoyed that the result has bought Dempster some more time, which is a waste of time really considering he’s 100% not going to get us close to promotion. Quicker he goes and we bring in a proper, proven manager the better.

Top man Dr Dolittle. Saved me a job.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:24 pm

Two very poor teams today. We were just not as poor as Scunny.

Well played Conor. CJ - what the heck?!!!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:28 pm

After listening to Paul Anderson's podcast he mentions players in our camp, still at the club, who caused trouble.

I just wonder if that's going on now with the attitude of that bunch today.
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby nick_stags » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:38 pm

stag324 wrote:After listening to Paul Anderson's podcast he mentions players in our camp, still at the club, who caused trouble.

What attitude?
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:42 pm

Couldn’t get to the game today but reading this we were poor. I get that JD probably has more time now we’ve won again, and that frustrates the JD out camp, but what if we do go on a good run now? Every manager, whether they’ve been managing for decades or it’s their first job, requires time at a new club. Most folk agree they need a few transfer windows to get it right. We have to give him more time and at least see where we are at the end of October at the very least for me. Sacking him now would be silly imho.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:42 pm

nick_stags wrote:
stag324 wrote:After listening to Paul Anderson's podcast he mentions players in our camp, still at the club, who caused trouble.

What attitude?

Exactly they worked very hard, it's just the quality and tactics (term used loosely)are very poor
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:45 pm

I don't think the majority give a damn and do the easiest thing and put thier foot through it.
Do you really think they have the same fight passion and attitude George foster,.Phil stand, Adam Murray had?
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum