{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stags v scunny scorefred by the spanish virgin

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stags v scunny scorefred by the spanish virgin

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:53 pm

I'd love for JD to turn it around. Unfortunately it's a case of "first season as the main gaffer" syndrome. Wants to play it safe. Murray did exactly the same when he was boss first time. Unfortunately, if you play it safe, you don't take the risks to get this extra points. Safe is 50-70 points.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:00 pm

stag324 wrote:I don't think the majority give a damn and do the easiest thing and put thier foot through it.
Do you really think they have the same fight passion and attitude George foster,.Phil stand, Adam Murray had?

Non of the current squad come close to Fosters n Stants ability and Desire , I class Murray a notch or two lower ..
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:22 pm

fgs we won and some on here are like a load of moaning bitches ,i give up with this forum
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:29 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
BigGuy wrote:
WVStag wrote:This result has bought JD some time. Which annoys me.

Wow, so you’d have been happier to lose to the bottom of the table side?

Yes for the long term good for the club.

That's a very negative attitude.

We won today and a clean sheet.

Although it wasn't great, I'm happier now than I was last week.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Field Mill » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:31 pm

spanishstag wrote:fgs we won and some on here are like a load of moaning bitches ,i give up with this forum

It's a Forum Spanish. It's allowed. I was there today and it was dire. Yes we won but I wouldn't fancy us against anyone any good. I was there to support the team as was everyone there but we are all entitled to our opinion. Sometimes a win papers over the cracks.
Field Mill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:39 pm

Field Mill wrote:
spanishstag wrote:fgs we won and some on here are like a load of moaning bitches ,i give up with this forum

It's a Forum Spanish. It's allowed. I was there today and it was dire. Yes we won but I wouldn't fancy us against anyone any good. I was there to support the team as was everyone there but we are all entitled to our opinion. Sometimes a win papers over the cracks.

Yes it does ,but sometimes a win ,or a goal off a strikers arse ,means things might be turning ,some on here seem to want total football ,or think wr played it last season ,we didnt in fact from january onwards we were dire its seven games in ,and the moaning buggers ,want dempster out ,lets get real here if this does,nt work out we are back to square one just roll with it
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:41 pm

I'm happy we won. We all should be. Wanting us to lose goes against the grain for me, regardless of our situation.

However, it was an uninspired performance, the changes were baffling against a really toothless Scunthorpe. Attack is the best form of defence Vs rock bottom at home, surely?

The fitness for me was evidently below where it should be. Preston seemed to huff and puff, as did mellis who never really got in the game.

The positives for me were Shaugnessy Macca and Rose, who all had decent games.

That performance doesn't make me believe that JD is THE MAN unfortunately. Still miles off a serious promotion contender from what I saw today.

'paper over cracks' is a bit cruel, but not far off, I'm afraid. The manager will say; '2 nil, a clean sheet, what more do you want?'. I want to be assured and convinced, and I am neither just yet. Not saying he can't do it, just doubtful he will.

On to Crawley.

COYS.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:42 pm

Adios !
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:45 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Field Mill wrote:

Yes it does ,but sometimes a win ,or a goal off a strikers arse ,means things might be turning ,some on here seem to want total football ,or think wr played it last season ,we didnt in fact from january onwards we were dire its seven games in ,and the moaning buggers ,want dempster out ,lets get real here if this does,nt work out we are back to square one just roll with it

With this manager we aren't even at square one. What I don't understand from those of you with a valid opinion to stick with Dempster is on what grounds are you so positive we should? He has no pedigree...no proven managerial success or even experience at this level. . Preseason was rubbish....the season so far has been rubbish....some of the play dire with no direction or cohesion....the players seem unmotivated....we didn't address the midfield problem to replace Donohue....so pray tell on what logic should we stick with him before its too late??
Last edited by Chrisuknottm on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:47 pm

Billy the fish wrote:

Adios !

Hasta luego ,thats raspberried you
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:50 pm

very very welcome 3 pts, however it didn’t feel right everyone in our block said the same, i so want JD to get it right, but it’s not, the tactics the formation the first 11, does he need an old head to advise him ?, i don’t know what it is tbh, but it’s not there atm
Last edited by yorkshire stag on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martian » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:52 pm

I know you don't mean that Spanner

You were emotionally engaged with this one having done the scorefred - people will have their say - we'll all come back another day
Martian
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:54 pm

Not a good win, but a much needed and expected win against the leagues worst side so far.

Don't want Dempster out and won't call for his head... but far from convinced.. many many problems that I think an experienced head would soon sort out as we've got some good players and three great strikers and the leagues best defence (as last year showed).

Next three are all against bang average sides... put some results together and I might to start to believe something will change. Fail to get 6/7 points from Crawley, port vale and Cambridge and we may as well look at other options. That'll be 10 games in and only played one good side.

Long long way to go.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Martian » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:59 pm

I weren't there but in the words of the highy articulate and most successful Mansfield manager in the last decade "a win's a win's a win" - or something on those lines - (Paul Cox)
Martian
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby steiner » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:07 pm

Ugly win, But maybe enough to get this season going and install some much needed confidence,
New guy looked a gem, Gordon 10/10 and as for Danny Rose...Im sure he would run head first through a brick wall for the cause..Plenty to be chuffed about, Only thing that narced me was the unnecessary negative substitution.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:44 pm

Small steps but at last signs that we are heading in the right direction.

Nowhere near a promotion winning side, but definate signs of improvement.

Well done JD and the boys for a win and clean sheet.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:56 pm

I think unfortunately today was very much a case of papering over the cracks, though obviously I hope that turns out to be wrong.

Apart from possibly Newport we’ve had the easiest of openings I can remember, and we’ve a modest total - play like that 3 weeks from now and Plymouth will won at a canter.

Promising that Danny Rose has a good game, it’s a shame that Mellis is still yet to put in a decent performance since his “incident” after promising he’d make up for things.

The lads from leeds looked good and there was an improvement when bishop came on. Pleased we got the win and hopefully that improved confidence
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:08 pm

From what I’ve seen of teams this season I don’t really think there is much quality in this league. It’s such a shame this group of players are all firing blanks as well ( except from a couple ). If we could find the form of last season we will do well but something isn’t right in the camp and I hope it’s sorted out soon.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:14 pm

After our recent performances and result 3 points was imperative today.We achieved that and a clean sheet.It was a horrible last ten minutes but we won.On to the next game.We have a good squad and will be in the top seven at least with ten games to go.Keep the faith.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:26 pm

Can someone explain what happens if we go for that 3rd goal' and Scunny got one back with 10 mins to go? What's the plan then, keep going for it and let Scunny get another. It wasn't pretty, but it did the job and Scunny didn't build up a head of steam or threaten us in those last 15 mins that I remember. Apart from one header that flashed past the post, what did they create?in the match? And yes CJ mishit the ball twice, but I'm assuming the posters taking the Mick, then missed the run he made for Bish to slide a pass through which CJ finished superbly? Only to be ruled out for offside? But yes when you're only looking for negative, I guess that is what you see. As for the guy saying they weren't good goals? Do good goals count double in league 2 or get you automatic promotion, a goals a goal if it wins the game, one came from a good cross and the other from pressure from a poaching striker on form, but I'm sure the negative posters here will see it differently. It's 3 points enjoy it for gods sake, I'm sure you'll get to fill your moaning boots next game...
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:09 pm

Three points. A clean sheet. No sendings off. No injuries(?). New signing plays well. For God’s sake there’s a lot of negativity on here. IF he’d gone for a third and got caught on the break and then they got another then people would be on here banging on about how it was naive and a decent manager would have ‘shut up shop’.
People wanted three points and they got it. We should be happy with that!
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby si stag » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:17 am

I don’t often post but god so much negativity. Actually unbelievable to be honest. We hadn’t won at home this season. We beat a team very comfortably 2-0 clean sheet if they was playing now they wouldn’t have scored. JD managed it well he tried to go for the killer when 2-0 up V Orient we lost 3-2. He learned and yes we went deep but it was all about the 3 points today. Onwards and upwards. Also shaughnessy absolutely class.
si stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:14 am

si stag wrote:I don’t often post but god so much negativity. Actually unbelievable to be honest. We hadn’t won at home this season. We beat a team very comfortably 2-0 clean sheet if they was playing now they wouldn’t have scored. JD managed it well he tried to go for the killer when 2-0 up V Orient we lost 3-2. He learned and yes we went deep but it was all about the 3 points today. Onwards and upwards. Also shaughnessy absolutely class.

He definitely did not try and ‘go for the kill’ against Leyton Orient. He had us sit back deep and proceeded to make very defensive subs again, which let them get on the front foot and score the 3 goals that they did. So he’s not learnt from the Orient game at all, he’s infact just done the exact same thing.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:29 am

BigGuy wrote:So we now have fans hoping we lose, “for the good of the club”, just for clarity?

Hmmmm, beggars belief doesn't it BG :oops: . Although it wasn't great today it could give the team confidence and a platform to build on.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:48 am

We didn’t play well but we won.

It’s a first home win since April and hopefully installs a bit of confidence into the team and also the manager.

Scunthorpe were very poor and a better team probably would have beaten us but they weren’t a better team and we did enough.

We all know it was poor but it’s 3 points and a clean sheet.

Onto Crawley!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum