{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

why didn’t he sort out Midfield

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: why didn’t he sort out Midfield

Postby Chrisuknottm » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:56 am

lifestags wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:Seems we've all just shrugged our collective shoulders and accepted the inability to sign a true creative midfielder....we had long enough after the Leeming Street debacle and almost certainly knowing where he was going. So we don't get a replacement for DD who apparently was going to be the driving heart of the team. No disrespect to the lad from Leeds but we don't need a jack of all trades.

Bit harsh on the lad from Leeds to be honest, he is cover for 2 positions if nothing else. (He may turn out to be brilliant by the way)

That's why I said no disrespect to him but we have a specific issue and failing and you don't expect someone who is goid at different positions to be the answer to what we are crying out for.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: why didn’t he sort out Midfield

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:59 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
lifestags wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I'm sure that Steven Dawson would bring some much needed grit and determination to the squad mentality. He doesn't need to be on the field much but his experience at Bury and the turmoil they went though but still achieved promotion could be just what this talented squad needs.

Watched him play against us last season, he was slow and wasnt the Stephen Dawson I remembered, thin he even got sent off? Put some timber on since he was with us last.

Dawson started 4 league games last season, only 1 of which was after mid Sept. He was sent off against us in the EFL Trophy.
In fact just 13 league starts in the last 2 seasons.
https://www.soccerbase.com/players/play ... r_id=40420

Goodness me I hope we sign him, looks a real prospect.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum