{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

JD

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: JD

Postby The One » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:45 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I’ve just watched JD’s pre-Cambridge interview. I wasn’t inspired.


He sends me to sleep just like the other JD
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 11249
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Re: JD

Postby bigalstag » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:48 pm

You have the youth team coach, as first team manager, and even he is not willing play them. And he's worked with them for the last 3 years. The signing of the lad from Leeds is concrete proof that they are not up to the standard required.
Reading between the lines, DF probably said the same things.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: JD

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:44 pm

The One wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:I’ve just watched JD’s pre-Cambridge interview. I wasn’t inspired.


He sends me to sleep just like the other JD

The other JD?
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8276
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: Edwinstowe

Re: JD

Postby Stoney » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:44 pm

Jack Daniels
Stoney
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3224
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:25 pm
Location: Bolsover.

Re: JD

Postby Big yella » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:40 pm

So let me get this right.

In this latest rant against the clubs supporters SH says they started the setting up of the youth team 4 1/2 years ago knowing it would take 5 years to see the fruits of that in the first team. Yet six months ago (4 years into the project) he was slagging off the first team manager for not playing the youth he wasn’t expecting to be ready.

Then, now that the youth team coach from last season is the first team coach, and to be fair is underperforming, we all have to get behind him, even when he is making signings rather than playing the youth.

Umm. Yeah. Ok.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4259
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: JD

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:45 pm

Big yella wrote:So let me get this right.

In this latest rant against the clubs supporters SH says they started the setting up of the youth team 4 1/2 years ago knowing it would take 5 years to see the fruits of that in the first team. Yet six months ago (4 years into the project) he was slagging off the first team manager for not playing the youth he wasn’t expecting to be ready.

Then, now that the youth team coach from last season is the first team coach, and to be fair is underperforming, we all have to get behind him, even when he is making signings rather than playing the youth.

Umm. Yeah. Ok.


Welcome to the world of Steve Hymas :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: JD

Postby BigGuy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:51 pm

Big yella wrote:So let me get this right.

In this latest rant against the clubs supporters SH says they started the setting up of the youth team 4 1/2 years ago knowing it would take 5 years to see the fruits of that in the first team. Yet six months ago (4 years into the project) he was slagging off the first team manager for not playing the youth he wasn’t expecting to be ready.

Then, now that the youth team coach from last season is the first team coach, and to be fair is underperforming, we all have to get behind him, even when he is making signings rather than playing the youth.

Umm. Yeah. Ok.


This, thought the same.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1091
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: JD

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:54 pm

BigGuy wrote:
Big yella wrote:So let me get this right.

In this latest rant against the clubs supporters SH says they started the setting up of the youth team 4 1/2 years ago knowing it would take 5 years to see the fruits of that in the first team. Yet six months ago (4 years into the project) he was slagging off the first team manager for not playing the youth he wasn’t expecting to be ready.

Then, now that the youth team coach from last season is the first team coach, and to be fair is underperforming, we all have to get behind him, even when he is making signings rather than playing the youth.

Umm. Yeah. Ok.


This, thought the same.


Haha.. great detective work. Why is this man allowed at the helm?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4418
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:03 pm

Re: JD

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:25 pm

Gillingham loosing again... Evans might be available soon, come finish the job off two years later fatty
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2413
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: JD

Postby BigGuy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:28 pm

No thanks
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1091
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: JD

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:34 pm

Obviously kidding, he's shown what a crap manager he is.... Got no money to spend and struggling.. spent loads at posh and failed
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2413
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: JD

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:24 pm

adamstag wrote:The appointment of dempster wasn’t made by the radfords anyway, it was made closer to home apparently.

Either way, Cambridge at home is quite obviously a home win, there is no other alternative - we’ve basically buggered up one of the most favourable opening 10 games of the season we’ve had in some time.

The decision to sack the bumbling flitcroft was inevitably correct as he couldn’t handle the big occasion, but the choice of replacement manager was haphazard at best


Are you insinuating that Hymas made the call ?

I have always been very wary of his credentials to be honest.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14236
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:14 pm

Re: JD

Postby BigGuy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:29 pm

Do you have a nail and a head?
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1091
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: JD

Postby Sneag » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:22 pm

Sneag wrote:Hopefully this thread will do for JD what Norms 'take Walker back' thread did for Tyler.


Even Norm's magic couldn't save JD.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8617
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: JD

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:09 am

The question I would ask is whether JD ever really wanted to be first team manager. He has never come across as someone who really wanted the job or who demonstrates the relentless drive you need to be successful in the dog eat dog world of football. You need to eat, drink and sleep football 24 hours a day and give up your whole life to it. JD is clearly a decent honest guy who will always try and do his best but at the moment he just looks like someone who knows his best is not going to be good enough. The players let him down big time tonight.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6604
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:44 pm

Re: JD

Postby Stockportstag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:31 am

He's turned a good side onto a shambolic one.
Stockportstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:44 am

Re: JD

Postby bigalstag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:49 am

The Hymas factor. Never has had much success.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: JD

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:27 am

bigalstag wrote:The Hymas factor. Never has had much success.

True story. He has too much say
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 14236
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:14 pm

Re: JD

Postby yaxhamstag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:31 am

Stockportstag wrote:He's turned a good side onto a shambolic one.

Succinctly put, but spot on. Arguably we have a better squad than last year (Maynard for Walker, plus some good additions) yet we’ve turned into a bad team. Blame can only be put at one door.
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: JD

Postby victor A block » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:48 am

bellwhiff wrote:
adamstag wrote:The appointment of dempster wasn’t made by the radfords anyway, it was made closer to home apparently.

Either way, Cambridge at home is quite obviously a home win, there is no other alternative - we’ve basically buggered up one of the most favourable opening 10 games of the season we’ve had in some time.

The decision to sack the bumbling flitcroft was inevitably correct as he couldn’t handle the big occasion, but the choice of replacement manager was haphazard at best


Are you insinuating that Hymas made the call ?

I have always been very wary of his credentials to be honest.


Carolyn made a remark on facebook that she was against the sacking of DF. "that she didn't sack him and that it was a decision by the board" .Steve Hymas certainly wanted DF out and wanted Dempster as his replacement.
victor A block
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:25 pm

Re: JD

Postby west country stag » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:51 pm

victor A block wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
adamstag wrote:The appointment of dempster wasn’t made by the radfords anyway, it was made closer to home apparently.

Either way, Cambridge at home is quite obviously a home win, there is no other alternative - we’ve basically buggered up one of the most favourable opening 10 games of the season we’ve had in some time.

The decision to sack the bumbling flitcroft was inevitably correct as he couldn’t handle the big occasion, but the choice of replacement manager was haphazard at best


Are you insinuating that Hymas made the call ?

I have always been very wary of his credentials to be honest.


Carolyn made a remark on facebook that she was against the sacking of DF. "that she didn't sack him and that it was a decision by the board" .Steve Hymas certainly wanted DF out and wanted Dempster as his replacement.


CLEARLY BACKFIRED ..... DIRECTORS NEED TO GIVE THEIR HEADS A GOOD SHAKE & WAKE UP TO REALITY BEFORE WE ARE BACK IN THE VANARAMA
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
User avatar
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1203
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:32 am
Location: Penzance , Cornwall

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arsene wengers coat, smulls, Sneag, sw19stag, West Ham 1969, yorkshire stag and 59 guests