{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

JD

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: JD

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:52 pm

BigGuy wrote:Be happy with a win Tuesday as would have taken a draw today, very confusing!!

With our budget, should we not try and win every game?

I think this perceived "big budget" is creating unrealistic expectations.

Success is not realised on the size of budget. It helps but other factors are equally important.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:57 pm

Excuses, excuses,excuses.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:10 pm

The appointment of dempster wasn’t made by the radfords anyway, it was made closer to home apparently.

Either way, Cambridge at home is quite obviously a home win, there is no other alternative - we’ve basically buggered up one of the most favourable opening 10 games of the season we’ve had in some time.

The decision to sack the bumbling flitcroft was inevitably correct as he couldn’t handle the big occasion, but the choice of replacement manager was haphazard at best
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:14 pm

And Dempster can handle it! Don't make me laugh.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:17 pm

adamstag wrote:The appointment of dempster wasn’t made by the radfords anyway, it was made closer to home apparently.

Either way, Cambridge at home is quite obviously a home win, there is no other alternative - we’ve basically buggered up one of the most favourable opening 10 games of the season we’ve had in some time.

The decision to sack the bumbling flitcroft was inevitably correct as he couldn’t handle the big occasion, but the choice of replacement manager was haphazard at best

Was it correct?

We had a perfectly good manager who was progressing the club.

Unfortunately for some the progress was too slow. Now we've gone backwards.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:43 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
adamstag wrote:The appointment of dempster wasn’t made by the radfords anyway, it was made closer to home apparently.

Was it correct?

I suppose only he will know how he managed to implode so spectacularly last season (and the players) it was bizarre that we finally managed to achieve the impossible 2 seasons in a row yet he managed that so well - just in the wrong direction :(
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:48 am

adamstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Was it correct?

I suppose only he will know how he managed to implode so spectacularly last season (and the players) it was bizarre that we finally managed to achieve the impossible 2 seasons in a row yet he managed that so well - just in the wrong direction :(

I think this promotion thing and having a massive budget is a monkey on our back.

It's time to get real.

We got rid of a manager who had progressed this club. We've replaced him with someone who is still learning. Some people think that it was a case of getting rid of DF replacing him with another manager and the players would get us promoted no problem.

It doesn't work like that.

I think it was a barmy decision to get rid of a manager who got us so close. Now we have JD and even with the same set of players it will be difficult to get us promoted.

I think we should get the promotion thing out of our heads and get behind the manager. At the moment we are going backwards but as JD begins to learn I'm confident we will start to improve.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:38 am

Could it be that the players are not good enough to get us promotion
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:44 am

part time pete wrote:Could it be that the players are not good enough to get us promotion
That is a possibility.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:49 am

part time pete wrote:Could it be that the players are not good enough to get us promotion

The players are good enough, I think that if Steve Evans had stayed til the end of the season we would have been promoted comfortably...
It wouldn’t have been pretty viewing but the job would have been done!!
The players were frightened of him and respected him at the same time, probably because of his(famous) 9 promotions!!

In this game you have to have a respected manager in place, one that’s got the experience too!!!

My tin hat is adorned
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:53 am

thefamilyvontrapp wrote:

The players are good enough, I think that if Steve Evans had stayed til the end of the season we would have been promoted comfortably...
It wouldn’t have been pretty viewing but the job would have been done!!
The players were frightened of him and respected him at the same time, probably because of his(famous) 9 promotions!!

In this game you have to have a respected manager in place, one that’s got the experience too!!!

My tin hat is adorned
I still wonder if Steve Evans realised that the squad he assembled wasn't as good as he first imagined.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:23 pm

Hopefully this thread will do for JD what Norms 'take Walker back' thread did for Tyler.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:17 pm

Iam beginning to think the players are not good enough end of
There are some really good players but as a team Iam not sure we look anything like top 3 side and it’s all average average and the management team look average to go with it.
If this is the plan for average development season just say so and dont hype up promotion and once again cut out overnight stops until they are top spot and deserve the treats more
Can see a poor result Tuesday coming up as Cambridge look much improved from last season and this might getting close to JD,s last throw of the dice.
Last edited by tillydog123 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:22 pm

Are you suggesting the appointment was made by the players ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:25 pm

Having watched Cambridge on the football league show, I don't think it will be an easy task on Tuesday night. They looked a reasonable team and will be full of confidence coming off the back of a good win.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:45 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Are you suggesting the appointment was made by the players ?

It was made at board level no doubt, but Carolyn has said she didnt make the decision to sack DF.

Someone else did, bit like cludeo this, only some of us know who it might have been :lol:
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:39 pm

BigGuy wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:Are you suggesting the appointment was made by the players ?

It was made at board level no doubt, but Carolyn has said she didnt make the decision to sack DF.

Someone else did, bit like cludeo this, only some of us know who it might have been :lol:

Ok, I think I've an inkling.

I just wish the club would go down the more traditional route, and have a shortlist. Then interview the top three.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:46 pm

It was the Broughtons wot done it
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:36 pm

posted this evening by Steve Hymas on facebook:

Steven Hymas
heres the truth ..
There has to be a long term plan for the club.over 4 years ago the chairman asked me to get back involved with the club and help expand the youth set up with fellow director Mark Hawkins.This system is now the talk of the midlands and self sustainable .
John Dempster was just finishing his playing career and was pivotal in its success.
We knew it would take 5years to produce our own players.
In the interim we built The RH academy which is now self sustainable.
John Dempster was gaining experience as the years went on and was earmarked for the managers role .He had offers but stuck with us and showed loyalty to the club.
The final phase is to bring young players into the first team to make the club more sustainable and hopefully some would progress up the pyramid .
Who better to do that than John Dempster .
With DF s failure last term the opportunity was taken to promote him to the helm .
We thought the fans would warm to him being one of our own and hopefully young players would be future .
Other clubs like Crewe and Colchester use this model and played at a higher level .
That is still the plan if folk will let it happen and not hound the man out .
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby hucknallstag » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:41 pm

and both crewe and colchester are well known for a certain brand of football steve
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bigalstag » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:52 pm

If that's the plan Steve, let's halve the admission price while we give you're manager time to learn. That way we might keep a reasonable attendance, say 1500 to 2000. While were at, how long does he need. 5 years. 10 years.
Tell you what, when you think we are somewhere near, you can contact me, and I'll start attending again.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:57 pm

bigalstag wrote:If that's the plan Steve, let's halve the admission price while we give you're manager time to learn. That way we might keep a reasonable attendance, say 1500 to 2000. While were at, how long does he need. 5 years. 10 years.
Tell you what, when you think we are somewhere near, you can contact me, and I'll start attending again.

This. 200 mile round trip to watch a plan!!!
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:05 pm

The logic makes sense but is it working?
To answer that what’s the target for Dempster this year? Promotion or build a team from the youth squad.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stoney » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:41 pm

I love the idea and I would love Mansfield to be known as a self sustainable club who produces cracking young players.

However who had Dempster given a chance to from the youth set up this season?
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:43 pm

Am I bit stupid (rhetorical) but are we seeing youth coming through the ranks on a regular basis on which we rely on our future JD?

I feel that this a pipe dream.

Would really love to see local talent come through but not sure this will happen. It is a tough game and yes we will loan kids out to gain experience which is a good thing....but what is the likelihood of any making the 1st team? Don't get me wrong, I would love to see local talent make good but based on recent years chances are limited aren't they?

To all those MTFC youngsters out there please aspire to make that 1st team squad.....prove me wrong!
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum