{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

JD

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: JD

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:21 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Kernow wrote:Start to blame the squad, they showed the same form at the end of last season. They have let two managers down, blame where blame is due. Why does the Goalkeeping coach seem to have big say on the bench, if can't sort Conrad out what chance has he with the rest. Leave him in the stand on match days.
I think that is a fair point.

Maybe the Scottish manager detected some of the players lacked the grit to get them over the line. Perhaps that helped his decision to walk out on us. To this day, I can't understand why he walked away from having another promotion on his CV.

The reason he walked out was because he could get a job closer to home, who was also willing to give him a war chest to work with. And they were probably offering better wages.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:40 pm

Kernow wrote:Start to blame the squad, they showed the same form at the end of last season. They have let two managers down, blame where blame is due. Why does the Goalkeeping coach seem to have big say on the bench, if can't sort Conrad out what chance has he with the rest. Leave him in the stand on match days.

Valid point about the gk coach.....I mentioned after the last home game he seemed to be permanently trotting out to JD with his tablet to point something out that could only be a snapshot in time. As if JD was suddenly going to respond to that in the 23rd or 37th minute of a half of League 2 football. Wonder if he was trying to justify his re appointment because practicing coming for crosses with Conrad before a match is kind of like a waste of time? ?
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Uncle » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:16 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:

Valid point about the gk coach.....I mentioned after the last home game he seemed to be permanently trotting out to JD with his tablet to point something out that could only be a snapshot in time. As if JD was suddenly going to respond to that in the 23rd or 37th minute of a half of League 2 football. Wonder if he was trying to justify his re appointment because practicing coming for crosses with Conrad before a match is kind of like a waste of time? ?

I cannot believe you both think something's odd about the GK coaches involvement. Maybe he is actually pointing out consistent flaws in defence and is pointing them out in order for the manager to get some sort of message out to the players. If the coach has to continually point things out to the manager, do you think the manager should be acting on it?
Uncle
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby geoffhill » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:34 pm

Evans left us to manage his home town club Peterborough.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:19 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Valid point about the gk coach.....I mentioned after the last home game he seemed to be permanently trotting out to JD with his tablet to point something out that could only be a snapshot in time.

I always thought that the GK coach, Ian Pledger, had responsibility for who the players needed to mark at set pieces and that was why he was always showing his tablet to JD and the subs.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:21 pm

JD needs to put his tin hat on and build a bunker mentality like Paul Cox was good at. He needs his good honest boys to start biting and scratching and digging in for a few wins.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:31 pm

geoffhill wrote:Evans left us to manage his home town club Peterborough.

Would you take him back?

:/
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:34 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:

Would you take him back?

Not even if we were in Conference North
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:45 pm

I was watching a Peterborough Fans Forum today and a fan asked Darragh MacAnthony would he still have sacked Steve Evans if Peterborough had been top of the league and he replied "Yes". :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:55 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:

Would you take him back?

Not even if we were in Conference North

I’d sooner my thumb off!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I was watching a Peterborough Fans Forum today and a fan asked Darragh MacAnthony would he still have sacked Steve Evans if Peterborough had been top of the league and he replied "Yes". :lol:

My understanding is that two very senior and well respected members of the Peterborough staff told Fry and McDonagh that it was Evans or them. One incident involved Evans opening the referee's changing room door with his foot whilst it was closed. Allegedly the frame was damaged as much as the door
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:53 am

Evans is an utter shaft
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:17 am

I think in honesty a lot of us are still suffering from the hangover of last season.

It’s not like the flitcroft and his players had just 1 shot of gaining promotion - they had about 5, and were beaten to it by a club who were quite clearly in a bad bad bad way - every chance they had they bottled it - it was a total farce it paralleled in a footballing sense curle not achieving promotion from league 2 that season when we lost to Huddersfield (though he wasn’t as decent as DF but had to deal sigh “him”).

Following that up with the monumental downturn of form in the first season it left many fans completely in 2 minds on whether DF should go - maybe radford was in a tough spot either way - though I think most expecting him to be replaced with someone who actually had a clue what he was doing - I genuinely don’t see dempster lasting until Christmas.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:08 pm

Proof of the Christmas pudding will be in the eating... as they say adamstag !!
Tend to agree with u but hoping its not going to be that way.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:53 pm

adamstag wrote:I think in honesty a lot of us are still suffering from the hangover of last season.

It’s not like the flitcroft and his players had just 1 shot of gaining promotion - they had about 5, and were beaten to it by a club who were quite clearly in a bad bad bad way - every chance they had they bottled it - it was a total farce it paralleled in a footballing sense curle not achieving promotion from league 2 that season when we lost to Huddersfield (though he wasn’t as decent as DF but had to deal sigh “him”).

Following that up with the monumental downturn of form in the first season it left many fans completely in 2 minds on whether DF should go - maybe radford was in a tough spot either way - though I think most expecting him to be replaced with someone who actually had a clue what he was doing - I genuinely don’t see dempster lasting until Christmas.

I will call you out there adam ,we will be top 7 at xmas ,and have no doubt we will be at least in the play offs ,so thats put you to the sword either put up or shut up ,as an asides i really think we will be top 3
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:24 pm

spanishstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:I think in honesty a lot of us are still suffering from the hangover of last season.

I will call you out there adam ,we will be top 7 at xmas ,and have no doubt we will be at least in the play offs ,so thats put you to the sword either put up or shut up ,as an asides i really think we will be top 3

I really hope you can break tradition and be correct!!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:47 am

adamstag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

You mean like when i corrected you on tff about the fact that we got paul cox from eastwood ,when you posted that he came to us from ilkeston :oops:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:05 am

spanishstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

You mean like when i corrected you on tff about the fact that we got paul cox from eastwood ,when you posted that he came to us from ilkeston :oops:

MAJOR mistake Adamstag ,how could you get that vital piece of info wrong . Sinbin
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:40 pm

daddycool wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

MAJOR mistake Adamstag ,how could you get that vital piece of info wrong . Sinbin

Tis a blight it must be the lack of oxygen when crossing the pennines so often
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:43 pm

The goalkeeper coach is clearly giving instructions about set pieces. Whenever the opposition make a sub, he passes on the info to the players as to who is supposed to mark the new player coming on. He liaises with the analyst up in the stand through an ear piece.
It’s nothing to do with anything else.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:15 am

MTFCMusings wrote:The goalkeeper coach is clearly giving instructions about set pieces. Whenever the opposition make a sub, he passes on the info to the players as to who is supposed to mark the new player coming on. He liaises with the analyst up in the stand through an ear piece.
It’s nothing to do with anything else.

Ian Pledger did exactly the same when Flitcroft was in charge not sure why its all of a sudden become a talking point.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:32 am

daddycool wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

It never happened :lol:

adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:33 am

It never happened! :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:06 am

tillydog123 wrote:Proof of the Christmas pudding will be in the eating... as they say adamstag !!
Tend to agree with u but hoping its not going to be that way.

Agreed!
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:50 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
I think that is a fair point.

Maybe the Scottish manager detected some of the players lacked the grit to get them over the line. Perhaps that helped his decision to walk out on us. To this day, I can't understand why he walked away from having another promotion on his CV.

Don’t pretend to be slow just to help your own theory, Evans left because he was offered a job by a big spending team in the division above that happens to be down the road from his home.

One thing we didn’t lack under Evans was grit, remember all those last minute goals and brilliant performances against local rivals? He happened to leave after playing the two best teams in the entire division, people took those results as a sign we were a spent force.
Conker
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum