{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Scunthorpe United - now a huge fixture

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Scunthorpe United - now a huge fixture

Postby spanishstag » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:16 pm

Sneag wrote:I'll be on holiday for the next two matches. 6 points in the bag.

And that is the most positive post this weekend ,enjoy your holiday sir
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:17 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Beano wrote:
Jamie wrote:He was the easy safe choice, especially with them abroad. He needs to turn this round very quickly. We need 6+ points from the next 9 or it'll be unfortunately time to change.

It was a gamble appointment, and might still come good, but JD needs to wake up. This team looks like an inferior version of DFs setup. He needs to bring a spark to things and stamp his authority, make a mark.

I always thought Muz sold himself and his big chance out by being too negative tactically. His team / style of play certainly didn't reflect him as a player. What does JD even stand for? Does he want a rock solid unit to build on or his team to impress and play some ball. At the moment they do neither.

Dont waste your chance. Mix it up, pick the hungry players and let them play. Its worth a shot because if this continues its game over.

So was he a safe choice, or a gamble? I’m easily confused :lol:

He was a safe and easy choice for JR to make. A man he knows and can trust and it meant they didn't have to interview anyone etc. The gamble is that hes unproven. It made perfect sense...

JR must have made the JD decision BEFORE sacking DF. I cannot understand why it had to be done so quickly and with no attempt to “fish the talent pool”. Perhaps it was because the Radfords were packed and ready to exile themselves on the Costa Bling?

Another cringeworthy post from the resident fish wife.
JD wanted the job when Flitcroft got it therefore JR decided he had done enough this time to of earned a crack at it. Showing loyalty to those that have earned it unlike Flitcroft who was just greedy.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:32 pm

jpstags wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Beano wrote:
Jamie wrote:He was the easy safe choice, especially with them abroad. He needs to turn this round very quickly. We need 6+ points from the next 9 or it'll be unfortunately time to change.

It was a gamble appointment, and might still come good, but JD needs to wake up. This team looks like an inferior version of DFs setup. He needs to bring a spark to things and stamp his authority, make a mark.

I always thought Muz sold himself and his big chance out by being too negative tactically. His team / style of play certainly didn't reflect him as a player. What does JD even stand for? Does he want a rock solid unit to build on or his team to impress and play some ball. At the moment they do neither.

Dont waste your chance. Mix it up, pick the hungry players and let them play. Its worth a shot because if this continues its game over.

He was a safe and easy choice for JR to make. A man he knows and can trust and it meant they didn't have to interview anyone etc. The gamble is that hes unproven. It made perfect sense...

JR must have made the JD decision BEFORE sacking DF. I cannot understand why it had to be done so quickly and with no attempt to “fish the talent pool”. Perhaps it was because the Radfords were packed and ready to exile themselves on the Costa Bling?

JD wanted the job when Flitcroft got it therefore JR decided he had done enough this time to of earned a crack at it. Showing loyalty to those that have earned it unlike Flitcroft who was just greedy.

On what basis do you base DF greed ? Did he request a pay rise ? Is that the reason he was sacked?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:35 pm

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, maybe JR realises he made the wrong decision, as he did with Murray, Evans etc.

Not got a great track record when it comes to selecting managers for the football league has our JR?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:17 pm

jpstags wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Beano wrote:

Criticism from YOU is an absolute compliment. Thank you.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum