{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hill and Flitcroft

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Hill and Flitcroft

Postby Conker » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:18 am

Poor futcher!
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:28 am

Conker wrote:Poor futcher!

If he's still out of a job, bring him back here. He knows how to sort our players into a tight defensive unit. How Pearce switched off for their goal yesterday was unforgivable.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:01 pm

I think DF will be better suited to being an Assistant Manager. He always said that he wanted to spend more time on the training ground coaching the players. This is why he brought in Greg Abbott as the Head of Recruitment in January. The strange thing though was that our form took a dip in the 2nd half of the system and our playing style deteriorated with us suddenly playing more long balls to Tyler Walker and CJ Hamilton when it did not suit their playing style. Our Plan B was Danny Rose whose confidence was at rock bottom due to not seeming to get on or be wanted by DF and a bad injury. We also seemed to run out of steam and some of the players suggested that we did not train enough towards the end of the season which was very strange bearing in mind DF's comments about Steve Evans' squad not being fit enough.

DF would have benefited from an experienced wise head like Keith Hill as No 2 to try and get us over the line although you could argue he did have Greg Abbott who did seem to be very much involved on match days.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:23 pm

Just listened to a David Flitcroft interview at Bolton. He says his strongest skill set is teaching the Bury kids, Swindon kids and Mansfield kids like a parent. Should he be a youth team coach?

He mentions Mansfield briefly and says the fans connected with him and gave him 100%. I don't think he mentions galvanize. He does mention getting on the training ground and working hard.

He also mentions his sister is called Kelly not the Paula Flitcroft who was said to be Carolyn's friend. Is Paula his wife?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07n7mkw
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:25 pm

I liked DF, I think he’s the only manager to get the fans and manager on the same page. We’ve not had that connection for years.

100% would have happily seen him here this season. Showed him and Futcher round a rental property as well, lovely blokes the both of them

Best of luck to him..
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:56 am

Foresttownstag wrote:I liked DF, I think he’s the only manager to get the fans and manager on the same page. We’ve not had that connection for years.

100% would have happily seen him here this season. Showed him and Futcher round a rental property as well, lovely blokes the both of them

Best of luck to him..

100% :shock: not so sure about that figure youth
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:38 am

i think forest town means 100% from his own end yorkie lad.
Don't tell me you've still got those piccys of Richie Barker plastered all round t'bedroom wall?

You have :shock: ...really.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:28 am

Foresttownstag wrote:I liked DF, I think he’s the only manager to get the fans and manager on the same page. We’ve not had that connection for years.

Best of luck to him..

Bet you were filming for ‘Fake Real Estate Agent’ also!!!!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:09 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:

Best of luck to him..

Bet you were filming for ‘Fake Real Estate Agent’ also!!!!

It's called Stath Lets Flats ;) :lol:
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:10 pm

Did well on Saturday :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:56 am

How many straws are you clutching at with that one?
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:36 am

Dan wrote:Did well on Saturday :lol:

You mean because Bolton scored a goal.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:59 am

Spiritater wrote:i think forest town means 100% from his own end yorkie lad.
Don't tell me you've still got those piccys of Richie Barker plastered all round t'bedroom wall?

You have :shock: ...really.

signed match worn shirt hangs in young yorkies bedroom if that counts

super Richie
super Richie
Barker
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum