{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster interview & Sky Sports highlights

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dempster interview & Sky Sports highlights

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:03 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I’ve listened to every interview he’s done since he took over. Not once have I heard him say something that made me think ‘ah that’s an interesting approach’ or ‘yes this guy seems to know what he’s talking about’z I’ve not seen anything on the pitch where I’ve thought ‘that’s a clever pattern of play they’ve worked on in training’ or ‘that’s a good change’. He just seems to be plodding through the motions with no clear plan. He does t know what formation to play, he doesn’t know what his best team is. It’s really poor.

Totally agree. He can see what’s gone wrong in games, but just doesn’t know how to change it at all. I think he’s just been hoping the players are good enough to start getting results off their own accord and he’s realising there’s more to it. He’s made no stamp on this team whatsoever.

I worry about the respect and command he has over the team as well. Footballers won’t take kindly to being called out for poor performances if they believe that the man in charge isn’t up to it and it’s a slippery slope from there.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:11 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I’ve listened to every interview he’s done since he took over. Not once have I heard him say something that made me think ‘ah that’s an interesting approach’ or ‘yes this guy seems to know what he’s talking about’z I’ve not seen anything on the pitch where I’ve thought ‘that’s a clever pattern of play they’ve worked on in training’ or ‘that’s a good change’. He just seems to be plodding through the motions with no clear plan. He does t know what formation to play, he doesn’t know what his best team is. It’s really poor.

It's very difficult to pick your best team when the same set of players have not been available for selection in two games running so far this season. The starting 11 had to be changed in every game we have played so far, either through injury or more stupidly through suspension. I'm not sure how Mr Dempster can be blamed for that. The same thing applies to the number of injured players he inherited which outnumber the unwanted players Mr Flitcroft had to deal with last year.

Some on here constantly refer to those players as to reasons why Mr Flitcroft should not have been sacked which appears to me to be trying to hide behind half truths and yet they will not extend the same rules to Mr Dempster.

This is a bit like Brexit where Mr Flitcroft's supporters will not admit defeat and are doing all they can to cause unrest and undermine the current manager. As in the Brexit debate, this behaviour is devisive and the club will end up in a worse position if it continues. All I ask is that you support the club through difficult times and accept the owners choice.

You keep going on about injuries, which of course is unfortunate, but in every game we have fielded an 11 that I think is good enough to have won the home games and pick up points away (other than the midfield is often lacking, but we have no other options). Injuries are frustrating but you’ve got to roll with the punches, show some passion and get the lads at it but we’ve come up short from the expected result too many times. I’ve not gone in to any game this season thinking the opposition 11 is stronger than ours despite the injuries we’ve had. It’s been a factor I agree that he hasn’t been able to pick what he probably thinks is his best side, but the run can’t be put down to injuries in my opinion.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:19 pm

BH_Stag wrote:

It's very difficult to pick your best team when the same set of players have not been available for selection in two games running so far this season. The starting 11 had to be changed in every game we have played so far, either through injury or more stupidly through suspension. I'm not sure how Mr Dempster can be blamed for that. The same thing applies to the number of injured players he inherited which outnumber the unwanted players Mr Flitcroft had to deal with last year.

Some on here constantly refer to those players as to reasons why Mr Flitcroft should not have been sacked which appears to me to be trying to hide behind half truths and yet they will not extend the same rules to Mr Dempster.

This is a bit like Brexit where Mr Flitcroft's supporters will not admit defeat and are doing all they can to cause unrest and undermine the current manager. As in the Brexit debate, this behaviour is devisive and the club will end up in a worse position if it continues. All I ask is that you support the club through difficult times and accept the owners choice.

You keep going on about injuries, which of course is unfortunate, but in every game we have fielded an 11 that I think is good enough to have won the home games and pick up points away (other than the midfield is often lacking, but we have no other options). Injuries are frustrating but you’ve got to roll with the punches, show some passion and get the lads at it but we’ve come up short from the expected result too many times. I’ve not gone in to any game this season thinking the opposition 11 is stronger than ours despite the injuries we’ve had. It’s been a factor, but the run can’t be put down to injuries in my opinion.

The midfield is the driving force of any team so unfortunately I can't see how you can say ours is lacking and then say that you still expect to win games against teams within a competitive league. There isn't a lot of difference between teams in our league and missing players does make a difference.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:25 pm

BH_Stag wrote:

You keep going on about injuries, which of course is unfortunate, but in every game we have fielded an 11 that I think is good enough to have won the home games and pick up points away (other than the midfield is often lacking, but we have no other options). Injuries are frustrating but you’ve got to roll with the punches, show some passion and get the lads at it but we’ve come up short from the expected result too many times. I’ve not gone in to any game this season thinking the opposition 11 is stronger than ours despite the injuries we’ve had. It’s been a factor, but the run can’t be put down to injuries in my opinion.

The midfield is the driving force of any team so unfortunately I can't see how you can say ours is lacking and then say that you still expect to win games against teams within a competitive league. There isn't a lot of difference between teams in our league and missing teams does make a difference.

I don’t think our midfield is good enough and it needs addressing in the day we have left, but I think average players like Macca and Tomlinson can at least match up to the likes of Morecambe, Leyton Orient, and Stevenage (all of which I expect will be comfortably in the bottom half) and we have better quality in other areas of the pitch to those teams and should be winning the game.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:38 pm

What the actual **** are you on about Sandy?

Are you seriously suggesting that in Brexit and The JD situation that 'we have made our bed so now we must lie in it', even if the bed has been proved to be a bed of rusty nails covered in excrement?

The people have changed their mind, and I hope JR changes his mind too.

The only likeness to Brexit is the DF sacking, where we didn't know what we were going to get as an alternative. If we'd have known it was Dempster and Glover toiling around the relegation places cluelessly, I think we would have carried on with Flitcroft.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:03 pm

Sandy, I’m not a DF supporter, let’s get that straight.

You talk about the midfield not being good enough, we’ll hasn't ‘Mr Dempster’ had enough time to realise that and recruit the necessary individuals to change that? The only addition he’s made is sat at home wondering how long his sentence might be if found guilty.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:08 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Sandy, I’m not a DF supporter, let’s get that straight.

You talk about the midfield not being good enough, we’ll hasn't ‘Mr Dempster’ had enough time to realise that and recruit the necessary individuals to change that? The only addition he’s made is sat at home wondering how long his sentence might be if found guilty.

If he doesn't sign a 'footballing' midfielder or two before the window closes, he should be sacked on that alone.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:07 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:

What the actual **** are you on about Sandy?

Are you seriously suggesting that in Brexit and The JD situation that 'we have made our bed so now we must lie in it', even if the bed has been proved to be a bed of rusty nails covered in excrement?

The people have changed their mind, and I hope JR changes his mind too.

The only likeness to Brexit is the DF sacking, where we didn't know what we were going to get as an alternative. If we'd have known it was Dempster and Glover toiling around the relegation places cluelessly, I think we would have carried on with Flitcroft.

I am talking about undermining team spirit and stirring up discontent amounts to fans. It is not helpful for anyone and the team should be backed not kicked.

In respect of Brexit, you obviously don't speak to the same people I do if you think the people have changed their minds about leaving. I know a good sample of Mansfield people (a town which voted overwhelmingly to leave) who voted to remain but would now vote to leave in another referendum. They also say that they will never vote labour again whilst Mr Corbin and his cronies are in charge and this from people who have voted labour all of their lives.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:09 pm

Sorry MTFC Musings but it wasn't me who said the midfield wasn't good enough it was the poster I was replying to.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:56 pm

Sorry MTFC Musings but it wasn't me who said the midfield wasn't good enough it was the poster I was replying to.

Apologies, I misread your response.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:09 pm

Maybe they don't want to come. The obvious player to sign would have been the midfielder who was supplying the passes to Maynard to enable him to score goals last season. Maybe that player was one of the many who followed his old boss to Plymouth.

I don't know if it was your intention, but I think it's unfair to imply that it's JD's fault that the midfielder he signed appears to be in trouble with the law. Apologies ifIve misread your post.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:24 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Maybe they don't want to come. The obvious player to sign would have been the midfielder who was supplying the passes to Maynard to enable him to score goals last season. Maybe that player was one of the many who followed his old boss to Plymouth.

I don't know if it was your intention, but I think it's unfair to imply that it's JD's fault that the midfielder he signed appears to be in trouble with the law. Apologies ifIve misread your post.

What so if Mayor was our main target and we miss out then we just give up? Strange.

You have misread it, nowhere have I implied that. Although he does have previous and was apparently banned from a popular drinking establishment within a week of being here, so it wasn’t completely out of the blue to see him out on the drink.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:04 am

Splendid trolling by Sandy on Brexit. Tenuous link to get everyone to weigh in with their views. Hasn't quite worked thus far but top trolling all the same.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum