{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Rock Bottom.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Rock Bottom.

Postby Kernow » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:39 pm

Today was totally unacceptable. Beyond words.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Re: Rock Bottom.

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:42 pm

maybe it’s getting to that time sadly
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:42 pm

Not really rock bottom though is it
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:46 pm

Not happy. It’s going to be a long trip home.
Reg Holdsworth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:50 pm

Ive not been today....

But weve lost to Exeter away as many teams do :/
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:54 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Ive not been today....

But weve lost to Exeter away as many teams do :/

I think people are more dismayed at the style of play rather than the result. It was a breeze for them really, their keeper had nothing to do.

Rock bottom a bit far in my opinion but it’s been a rubbish start to the season both performances and results and there’s few signs it’s going to change currently.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:59 pm

Losing 1-0 isn't the issue for me it's the lack of desire, slow build up, lack of closing down, energy less and worryingly subs had no impact on this occasion.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:01 pm

Berryhillstagno1 wrote:Losing 1-0 isn't the issue for me it's the lack of desire, slow build up, lack of closing down, energy less and worryingly subs had no impact on this occasion.

And how sloppy we were, I only listened to commentary but from what I understand simple passes were mis controlled or over hit/under hit.

Do the players not want to play for Dempster or something? Are the players trying to revolt Anderson and Diamond style?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:02 pm

Not many at the game will find any positives. Inept!!!!!
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:10 pm

Just read JD comments, he uses words like inept and not good enough. I can agree with that.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:28 pm

We need a Mr Motivator kind of manager . Demps is out of his depth .
Come on JR stop taking the easy route & get a real manager in before crowds drop & the boo boys kick in !
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:20 am

Looking at the stats for yesterday’s game, we had most possession, most corners, most shots, but NONE on target. That suggests that we probably ought to have had a good chance of winning.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Kernow » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:25 am

You had, to be there!!!!
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:31 am

Exeter were not a great team but what they did is hurried and hassled which led to mistakes and mispasses. Confidence drained from the players and the subs who are as close as can be looked unimpressed when warming up. 70 mins is late to change things when losing 1-0 from 5th minute.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:18 am

Berryhillstagno1 wrote:Exeter were not a great team but what they did is hurried and hassled which led to mistakes and mispasses. Confidence drained from the players and the subs who are as close as can be looked unimpressed when warming up. 70 mins is late to change things when losing 1-0 from 5th minute.

Pressed us, just like we did in our best spell last season. Then he dropped off that vital 20 yards trying to limp over the line, JD has continued that tactic and mindset this season.
Against Stevenage Clarke got forward and put a decent ball in, Tomo and Macca were still in the centre circle, it's nervous, negative raspberry
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby zygon2003 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:30 am

Rock bottom? Not really. I think relegation and the first two seasons in the conference were rock bottom.

I'm more worried about the Radfords to be honest. How much longer will their hearts be in this? Three seasons of throwing cash at this; it's starting to look like a white elephant.

If they walk away then it really will be rock bottom.

Like it or not, Demps was their choice and we have to get behind him and hope he produces the goods otherwise we could see our exceptional owners tire of this project and throw in the towel.

I love the Stags but even if I had their wealth I wouldn't be able to justify throwing my children's inheritance at this forever.
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby steiner » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:42 am

zygon2003 wrote:Rock bottom? Not really. I think relegation and the first two seasons in the conference were rock bottom.

I'm more worried about the Radfords to be honest. How much longer will their hearts be in this? Three seasons of throwing cash at this; it's starting to look like a white elephant.

Like it or not, Demps was their choice and we have to get behind him and hope he produces the goods otherwise we could see our exceptional owners tire of this project and throw in the towel.

I love the Stags but even if I had their wealth I wouldn't be able to justify throwing my children's inheritance at this forever.

Agree with this..Having parasitic owners like Haslam or a clown like Hardy and relegation to the conf is rock bottom,
A lot of these players look like they are still sat on the beach on their jollies and happy to pick up a easy wage for my liking , Demps needs to start cracking the whip and sharpish starting with a convincing win against scunny on sat.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:48 am

steiner wrote:
zygon2003 wrote:Rock bottom? Not really. I think relegation and the first two seasons in the conference were rock bottom.

Agree with this..Having parasitic owners like Haslam or a clown like Hardy and relegation to the conf is rock bottom,
A lot of these players look like they are still sat on the beach on their jollies and happy to pick up a easy wage for my liking , Demps needs to start cracking the whip and sharpish starting with a convincing win against scunny on sat.

He's not capable or he'd have done it already, he's 'too nice'
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:58 am

Got shouted down for this separately but as mentioned above, the subs (some of whom are first team players) didn’t look interested in what was going on on the pitch. If you are in the team generally, and might come in, I would expect more focus and I wonder if it runs through the team.
‘Warming up’ seemed to consist of putting your leg up against a board and chatting to the Exeter subs. Not paying attention to the game.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Kernow » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:27 pm

Remember Clownty were favourites last season at least it is just one down last season. Fail to beat Scunthorpe and then the alarm bells start to ring. Want JD to succeed but the attitude from the squad yesterday was scary.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:36 pm

We all want him to succeed but do the players?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:52 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:Got shouted down for this separately but as mentioned above, the subs (some of whom are first team players) didn’t look interested in what was going on on the pitch. If you are in the team generally, and might come in, I would expect more focus and I wonder if it runs through the team.
‘Warming up’ seemed to consist of putting your leg up against a board and chatting to the Exeter subs. Not paying attention to the game.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago too. The players just don't listen or take notice of him.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:03 pm

End of last season 1 win in 7. This season 1 win 6. That is relegation form. National League on offer from our talented squad. It needs sorting very soon
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:05 pm

Kernow wrote:End of last season 1 win in 7. This season 1 win 6. That is relegation form. National League on offer from our talented squad. It needs sorting very soon

it's like there's a mentality hangover from the last games from last year, have the players got over losing the play offs? it doesn't seem like it.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Upper West » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:00 pm

Credit to Exeter for the move that led to the goal.

If it had been us we would have taken an age to take the throw and the ball would have been with Logan within 10 seconds of taking the throw.

The stats show we had more shots but none on target??

I was tempted to go but am glad I did not make the trip
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum