{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Greeks scorefred sponsored by Smiths Alarm clocks

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Greeks scorefred sponsored by Smiths Alarm clocks

Postby bigalstag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:38 pm

Spaanishstag, the same person who was calling me a nob last week,for saying what everybody else is now coming to realise. This manager was wrong from the start, with no league experience to fall back on, not even as an assistant manager. If the chairman compounds his error by giving him another 10 games, we will be in serious trouble, come the new year.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby part time pete » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:40 pm

Regarding Sweeney’s sending off. Bowman was all over Ryan when waiting for the throw in to come in. He was holding him, so Sweeney gave him an elbow into the stomach. It didn’t seem to be very hard, quite soft in fact, but Bowman went down like a sack of potatoes.

He appeared to be laughing when being ‘treated’ by their physio.

Regarding their goal, I thought it was our throw in, but they took it very very quickly while Gordon, Preston and McDonald thought it was ours. The scorer was in what would have been an offside position, but from a throw in he wasn’t. He finished very well.

The game turned out to be very reminiscent of the MK Dons game, conceding an early goal and then not knowing how to get a goal back.

I thought the midfield was very poor. The defence was collecting the ball from Logan but the midfield was not showing for them and they just had to hump it long to Danny.

Jacob Mellis was very very poor and didn’t get into the game at all. Not sure if he wasn’t fully fit or couldn’t care less, very ineffective.

Gordon had a lot of ball up the right wing but never beat their very good full back and never got a cross in.

JD changed it second half by going 4-4-2 with two wingers (CJ and OSJ) but again their full backs were good and we only got in a couple of crosses in from both sides. However I thought the changes were a good 15/20 minutes too late, they should have happened sooner.

We really need changes in Midfield but don’t know where in the present squad there are.

Need new signings in midfield.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:48 pm

part time pete wrote:Regarding Sweeney’s sending off. Bowman was all over Ryan when waiting for the throw in to come in. He was holding him, so Sweeney gave him an elbow into the stomach. It didn’t seem to be very hard, quite soft in fact, but Bowman went down like a sack of potatoes.

Regarding their goal, I thought it was our throw in, but they took it very very quickly while Gordon, Preston and McDonald thought it was ours. The scorer was in what would have been an offside position, but from a throw in he wasn’t. He finished very well.

The game turned out to be very reminiscent of the MK Dons game, conceding an early goal and then not knowing how to get a goal back.

I thought the midfield was very poor. The defence was collecting the ball from Logan but the midfield was not showing for them and they just had to hump it long to Danny.

Jacob Mellis was very very poor and didn’t get into the game at all. Not sure if he wasn’t fully fit or couldn’t care less, very ineffective.

Gordon had a lot of ball up the right wing but never beat their very good full back and never got a cross in.

JD changed it second half by going 4-4-2 with two wingers (CJ and OSJ) but again their full backs were good and we only got in a couple of crosses in from both sides. However I thought the changes were a good 15/20 minutes too late, they should have happened sooner.

We really need changes in Midfield but don’t know where in the present squad there are.

I completely agree about midfield, which makes the loan signing of a striker, a position I am pretty happy with, all the more bizarre. Who is advising JR on football matters? He should not be allowing JD to sign a striker when it is clear to absolutely everyone we need a Bishop Mk 2 ....
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:00 am

I am Spartacus wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Time for a break from this ridiculous site. See you in a few weeks when I’m back from holiday.

Maybe

My first pint tonight is dedicated to your travel agent :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:03 am

Sheffieldstag wrote:Speaking to someone with contacts within the club, I understand JD was given 12 matches to prove himself with a target of being in a certain position (believe it is top 7)within the league after 12 matches.

They also told me about Evans appointment well before it was announced so have no reason to doubt them. Just what I've been told.

If that's true , then the decision can be made pretty soon , as top 7 won't be attainable after 12 games if we lose any more .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:32 am

bigalstag wrote:Spaanishstag, the same person who was calling me a nob last week,for saying what everybody else is now coming to realise. This manager was wrong from the start, with no league experience to fall back on, not even as an assistant manager. If the chairman compounds his error by giving him another 10 games, we will be in serious trouble, come the new year.

Well if its any consolation to you my opinion has not changed ,its still too early
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:38 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
nigegray wrote:we are lacking in midfield in a nut shell
it all stems from the forwards not getting the service and support
defence not getting the cover and being put under extra pressure
sort midfield out and we will do a lot better imo
you dont have to be a brain surgeon to see this surely
thoughts?

every bloody fan i know can see it, why he hasn’t addressed it yet is mind blowing

It weirdly hasn’t been addressed in 3 years. To have the budget we have and not have a decent midfield is scandalous.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:44 am

victor A block wrote:
Sheffieldstag wrote:Speaking to someone with contacts within the club, I understand JD was given 12 matches to prove himself with a target of being in a certain position (believe it is top 7)within the league after 12 matches.

They also told me about Evans appointment well before it was announced so have no reason to doubt them. Just what I've been told.

If that's true , then the decision can be made pretty soon , as top 7 won't be attainable after 12 games if we lose any more .

Realistically you would need 18/19 points after 12 games to scrape into top seven, so that is 12/13 points from next six games. So 4 wins and perhaps a draw from next six games.
part time pete

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:45 am

part time pete wrote:

I don't think so Pete. From the video, it comes off MacDonald, and I don't think any of the players seemed to think it was our throw-in. But Pearce switched off and Bowman was away from him.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby WVStag » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:40 am

part time pete wrote:
victor A block wrote:

Realistically you would need 18/19 points after 12 games to scrape into top seven, so that is 12/13 points from next six games. So 4 wins and perhaps a draw from next six games.

Which is simply not doable under JD it would seem. The ‘give him 10/12 games’ argument getting more and more thin the more you think about it.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:50 am

I think the test will be, if he gets a much better points return in the next six games, than he did in the first six games.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:45 pm

part time pete wrote:Regarding Sweeney’s sending off. Bowman was all over Ryan when waiting for the throw in to come in. He was holding him, so Sweeney gave him an elbow into the stomach. It didn’t seem to be very hard, quite soft in fact, but Bowman went down like a sack of potatoes.

This is the same Ryan Bowman who clearly elbowed John Dempster in the Stags v York game March 11th 2014 . It happened near the West Stand right Infront of the female lino who bottled it big time . Darren Drysdale was the ref and gave us nowt that night !
Unfortunately we went onto lose that game too 0 1 to a Bowman penalty.Does anybody else recall the incident ?
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spanishstag » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:52 pm

WVStag wrote:
part time pete wrote:
victor A block wrote:

Which is simply not doable under JD it would seem. The ‘give him 10/12 games’ argument getting more and more thin the more you think about it.

Or you could say we required 1 point from our last 3 games last season we didnt het them
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:11 pm

MOTG wrote:

This is the same Ryan Bowman who clearly elbowed John Dempster in the Stags v York game March 11th 2014 . It happened near the West Stand right Infront of the female lino who bottled it big time . Darren Drysdale was the ref and gave us nowt that night !
Unfortunately we went onto lose that game too 0 1 to a Bowman penalty.Does anybody else recall the incident ?

Here you are

https://www.stagsnet.net/match/reports/ ... easonid=14
part time pete

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:55 am

Agree with Rob post earlier
Needed another Bishop MK2 or 3 ...a Jamie Maguire with more football skill NOT a striker
Its all very bizarre at Stags and most of the 'Stars' were back this week also which makes it even worse. !!

And to cap it all ANOTHER OVERNIGHT STOP !!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:58 am

tillydog123 wrote:Agree with Rob post earlier
Needed another Bishop MK2 or 3 ...a Jamie Maguire with more football skill NOT a striker
Its all very bizarre at Stags and most of the 'Stars' were back this week also which makes it even worse. !!

And to cap it all ANOTHER OVERNIGHT STOP !!

of course they were going to stop overnight when it's a pretty long drive. it's when the games aren't that far when it's a bit of a farce
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:56 pm

Will go with Exeter maybe as a one off but I think they have stayed over for Morecombe and similar distances which at our level, especially more currently, is a complete waste of resources which should have been put into a decent midfielder.

I know the arguments will be trotted out it don't cost that much but it does cost!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:54 pm

When you look at the team last season from late September to early January when we went unbeaten in nearly 20 games, the player who didn’t play in that period and who was out injured was McDonald.

When he came back into the side the team performance plummeted.

I wonder if playing McDonald is the issue.
part time pete

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:01 pm

part time pete wrote:When you look at the team last season from late September to early January when we went unbeaten in nearly 20 games, the player who didn’t play in that period and who was out injured was McDonald.

He was part of the Evans team that went on the unbeaten run, so it may be he is just not being utilised properly.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:15 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
part time pete wrote:When you look at the team last season from late September to early January when we went unbeaten in nearly 20 games, the player who didn’t play in that period and who was out injured was McDonald.

He was part of the Evans team that went on the unbeaten run, so it may be he is just not being utilised properly.

I have always maintained that as a squad player, McDonald is alright. But if we're serious about promotion, he can't be a lynchpin of our midfield.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum