{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Flitcroft thoughts on being pipped by Bury and their demise

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Flitcroft thoughts on being pipped by Bury and their dem

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:56 pm

Thanks for that Dan. It was very interesting listening to Paul Anderson and Les Bradd.

I feel a bit sorry for Paul Anderson as neither Steve Evans or David Flitcroft played him regularly in his best position. He was on very good wages but that was not his fault as Steve Evans/the club had offered him those wages and he had signed for us in good faith. I can't help feeling that a good man manager would have got the best out of him. I was always impressed with Danny Cowley at Lincoln in the National League in the way he got the best out of a lot of players that he did not sign and knew he needed to move on. He still kept them very much involved and they did a great job for him when he needed them. They got to the semi-finals of the FA Trophy. He released a lot of them when they got back in the EFL but none of them had a bad word to say about him because he had been open and honest with them. Great man management.

I hate bully boy managers who just try and get rid of players by making them train with the youth team or travel long distances to report for physio sessions or training on days when the rest of the players are playing away or having a day off. Keith Curle kept doing this to Billy Paynter and Gary Dicker and they quite rightly reported him to the PFA.

Paul Anderson confirms that JD is a genuine good guy. Hopefully JD will start to pick up some results soon.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum