{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Toffees scorethread sponsored by ‘Remember the Danskin’!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Toffees scorethread sponsored by ‘Remember the Danskin’!

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:41 pm

Conker wrote:Misunderstanding Andy, only thing I think is ridiculous is the suggestion fans are to blame.
No problem. I do think the rumblings from some fans against DF made JR's decision that bit easier. The main reason was DF's failure to gain promotion.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:18 pm

oh thats just great we get beat by their under 16y team & the Gimps are beating their first team, my week gets better & better !!!!
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:26 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:oh thats just great we get beat by their under 16y team & the Gimps are beating their first team, my week gets better & better !!!!

calm yer tits, it's 1-1 now :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:28 pm

great stuff hope they go onto smash 10 past um
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:57 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:great stuff hope they go onto smash 10 past um

not quite 10 but 4 will do. cracking goal from andrade though!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:18 pm

Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:
Cleveland_Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Give him another 20 games and he'll get there Maybe 30. Be patient.. We don't really want promotion this season anyway, do we.

If Bolton and Bury get thrown out, we might as well keep him.

As for promotion it was never a reality once JD was appointed.

Despite having possibly the most expensive squad in the league

What utter drivel. We 100% had nowhere near the most expensive squad and were probably 4th/5th. MK, Bury and County had bigger budgets, prob Imps and Oldham too. The sacking of DF was a big mistake driven by short termist fans and a fantastic owner who knows as much about football as Rees-Mogg does about being an actual person. Sad thing is, these same fans are now calling for Dempsters head, it's almost like I predicted it ..... Get used to mid table if you sack a manager for finishing 4th.

Flitcroft got sacked because he pissed his boss off. Fans had nothing to do with it.

Rubbish, utter, utter rubbish spoken by someone in denial that he and the other short termists had nothing to do with our changing manager once again. Had fans been behind DF no way would JR have sacked him. It's so much like the Brexit debate, you believe what you want to believe - ultimately I think sacking a manager who had us challenging all season was a stupid mistake and was, in part, done because fans like you wanted him out. DF is a good manager, his team played good football and I enjoyed going to the Mill and saw some of the best football I have seen in over 40 years. I am, as I was towards the end of Coxys time, slowly getting to the stage where I might start doing something different on a Saturday, I bleed Amber. Sacking managers every 12 months is stupid and I have probably said this on here for at least 20 years, probably longer.

So Conker, Sneag, Clanger, Hjelde, fkwit username dickheard et al, enjoy mid table, it is your fault.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:54 pm

Rob, of course you must be right about DF because he has walked into another job. Oh wait..........
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:02 pm

Despite having possibly the most expensive squad in the league[/quote]

What utter drivel. We 100% had nowhere near the most expensive squad and were probably 4th/5th. MK, Bury and County had bigger budgets, prob Imps and Oldham too. The sacking of DF was a big mistake driven by short termist fans and a fantastic owner who knows as much about football as Rees-Mogg does about being an actual person. Sad thing is, these same fans are now calling for Dempsters head, it's almost like I predicted it ..... Get used to mid table if you sack a manager for finishing 4th.[/quote]

Flitcroft got sacked because he pissed his boss off. Fans had nothing to do with it.[/quote]

Rubbish, utter, utter rubbish spoken by someone in denial that he and the other short termists had nothing to do with our changing manager once again. Had fans been behind DF no way would JR have sacked him. It's so much like the Brexit debate, you believe what you want to believe - ultimately I think sacking a manager who had us challenging all season was a stupid mistake and was, in part, done because fans like you wanted him out. DF is a good manager, his team played good football and I enjoyed going to the Mill and saw some of the best football I have seen in over 40 years. I am, as I was towards the end of Coxys time, slowly getting to the stage where I might start doing something different on a Saturday, I bleed Amber. Sacking managers every 12 months is stupid and I have probably said this on here for at least 20 years, probably longer.

So Conker, Sneag, Clanger, Hjelde, fkwit username dickheard et al, enjoy mid table, it is your fault.[/quote]

This rant just shows what a poor judge of football you are. Mr Flitcrofts team didn't play some of the best football ever seen at Field Mill and were nowhere near the standards of some teams from the 60s and 70s. Yes there were times they played well but most of the time they were mediocre to say the least. There was no consistency in the team which was at least one good striker short which was the managers fault as he failed to bring in a player during the two Windows he had.

The truth is that the team was not good enough to be promoted and with the negative style would have been relegated again at the end of this season. The abject display and capitulation at Meadow Lane was one of the worst performances I have seen in more than 50 years of watching the stags and the team lacked character drive and any type of desire to win.

If Mr Flitcroft is such a good manager, please tell me why no-one has rushed to give him a job? In football, there is nowhere to hide and weaknesses are quickly discovered by other teams. Mr Flitcroft couldn't change his style and kept repeating his mistakes which is why we weren't promoted and the fault for that only lies in one place.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:43 pm

Rob. You are talking out of your arse mate.

This is JRs trainset. The only person who holds any sway with his decisions is his missus.

If JR gave a raspberry what the fans think he wouldn't be charging kids obscene admission charges to the ground and Flitcroft woud still be in a job, because despite flipping up twice, I think the majority of fans would have given him another crack.

It's interesting that whilst constantly criticising those unimpressed by Flitcrofts failures, you seem happy the write Dempster off after just half a dozen games.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:49 pm

I could have almost written the replies myself :lol: Lets see if we fiinish higher than 4th, if we do then you are right, if we don't, you are utterly and completely wrong. I will say so too, not that folk like you give a stuff cos you'll blame someone else.

The ONLY way the short termists like you can be right is if we finish in the top 3 - not looking likely is it?

I have to say Stagsnet is not representative of the fans view (well those I know anyway) most I know think removing DF was wrong. Then again, just look at the muppets on the scorethreads and you can see, sadly, what sort populate this board now. Sad days.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:56 pm

Sneag wrote:Rob. You are talking out of your arse mate.

This is JRs trainset. The only person who holds any sway with his decisions is his missus.

If JR gave a raspberry what the fans think he wouldn't be charging kids obscene admission charges to the ground and Flitcroft woud still be in a job, because despite flipping up twice, I think the majority of fans would have given him another crack.

It's interesting that whilst constantly criticising those unimpressed by Flitcrofts failures, you seem happy the write Dempster off after just half a dozen games.

By the way, not once have I written off JD and I am 100% behind him, you are making things up, which is also pretty sad. I continue to criticise those who wanted DF out and who are now critical of JD. Not once, NOT ONCE, have I been critical of JD, he is starting again and needs time, time which some fans on here are unlikely to give. So please, stop putting words in my mouth to somehow justify an argument which I don't think you youself even believe :lol:

We are starting again, we will be mid table come May 20 and we will have folk on here self-combusting.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:49 am

Well i still think we will be in a play off spot at least ,give JD time we are a work in progress :mtfc:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:17 am

spanishstag wrote:Well i still think we will be in a play off spot at least ,give JD time we are a work in progress :mtfc:

i so hope ya right youth, however from he games i’ve seen so far, he’s going to have to be a very quick learner
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:53 am

Hopefully another signing in midfield over the weekend ,we are scoring goals get bobby back in goal ,not a pop at logan just my view ,then get some of our injured players back ,i think we will be fine
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:01 am

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:Rob. You are talking out of your arse mate.

By the way, not once have I written off JD and I am 100% behind him, you are making things up, which is also pretty sad. I continue to criticise those who wanted DF out and who are now critical of JD. Not once, NOT ONCE, have I been critical of JD, he is starting again and needs time, time which some fans on here are unlikely to give. So please, stop putting words in my mouth to somehow justify an argument which I don't think you youself even believe :lol:

We are starting again, we will be mid table come May 20 and we will have folk on here self-combusting.

But you are convinced that we will finished mid table, therefore you are writing off JDs abilties to take us up. You maybe doing in in a mealy mouthed way, but that's what you are doing none the less.

We had 3 months of good football under Flitcroft, 2 months of fair to middling football. The rest was turgid dross and he served up the raspberry at the worst possible time.

Flictroft & Evans spunked away a fortune in failing to get promoted, it angered the man whose money they wasted. I think the idea that JR is influenced by the ramblings of a few old farts on Stagsnet is laughable.

Funnily enough I agree with you about short-termism in football. Generally I would always advocate giving a manager 2 full seasons in charge, but in 45 years of supporting Stags I've been used to managers working on a shoestring. JRs funding and CRs tweeting raised expectation levels to unprecedented heights, so that inturn has reduced patience levels. I would say though, gospel truth, the first interview I ever heard with Flitcroft when he was revieled to the fans, I thought he was full of crap, a soundbite giving cliche machine from day one.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:08 am

Haha. I never called for DF to go, even after the season ended.

Only person self-combusting on here is Rob, and that's all his own fault.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:55 am

Rob, I too felt DF shouldn't have gone. I have also been critical in the past of certain sections of our support. However, in this case, to suggest fan pressure got rid of DF is far off the mark. If JR did bow to fan pressure then Paul Cox would have been sacked 3 or 4 months into his job, many clamour Ed for him to be gone after his first full season, despite finishing 3rd. In his second season we were in the relegation places at one point then he just went mental and smashed pretty much every side he came up against and shot us up to 1st. There was alot of fan pressure during his time here. Even Steve Hymas felt the need to publically criticise him, like he has done with DF last season. Personally I feel there was more pressure from fans to get rid of Cox than there was to get rid of Flitcroft.

Remember when Radford first took over? He wanted to keep Duncan Russel on for the next season. Despite fan pressure to get rid. I can't shake the feeling that something has happened behind the scenes that led to Flitcroft's sacking. It's just a feeling, in no way am I saying that's the case.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:11 am

The board had to persuade Radford to move on from Duncan.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:15 am

gazza1988 wrote:Rob, I too felt DF shouldn't have gone. I have also been critical in the past of certain sections of our support. However, in this case, to suggest fan pressure got rid of DF is far off the mark. If JR did bow to fan pressure then Paul Cox would have been sacked 3 or 4 months into his job, many clamour Ed for him to be gone after his first full season, despite finishing 3rd. In his second season we were in the relegation places at one point then he just went mental and smashed pretty much every side he came up against and shot us up to 1st. There was alot of fan pressure during his time here. Even Steve Hymas felt the need to publically criticise him, like he has done with DF last season. Personally I feel there was more pressure from fans to get rid of Cox than there was to get rid of Flitcroft.

Remember when Radford first took over? He wanted to keep Duncan Russel on for the next season. Despite fan pressure to get rid. I can't shake the feeling that something has happened behind the scenes that led to Flitcroft's sacking. It's just a feeling, in no way am I saying that's the case.

The fact he would loan players instead of playing the youth team - hence why JD has a bench full of youngsters this season rather than loan players.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:42 pm

You mean the rant by Hymas who name dropped a few players who Dempster then released?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:45 pm

Conker wrote:Haha. I never called for DF to go, even after the season ended.

:lol: I just want what is best for my club, the one I have followed since 1972. So please excuse me for being a little bit passionate about it. So yes, I am combusting over the utter morons that frequent this board, I just thank the lord I have never done the FB thing, posting pics of the meal I'm about to have like some sad lonely winker and bragging about the life I don't really lead, just not my thing thanks. Anyway, I'll get a tattoo of me self-combusting, just above the tats of the machine gun and the chinese spelling of my two kids names, cos that matters ..... I'm getting old, I'll be supporting Brexit soon :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:26 am

Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:Haha. I never called for DF to go, even after the season ended.

:lol: I just want what is best for my club, the one I have followed since 1972. So please excuse me for being a little bit passionate about it. So yes, I am combusting over the utter morons that frequent this board, I just thank the lord I have never done the FB thing, posting pics of the meal I'm about to have like some sad lonely winker and bragging about the life I don't really lead, just not my thing thanks. Anyway, I'll get a tattoo of me self-combusting, just above the tats of the machine gun and the chinese spelling of my two kids names, cos that matters ..... I'm getting old, I'll be supporting Brexit soon :lol:

You just descibed Belly :lol:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:37 am

Has Rob’s account been hacked by John Lomas. ;)
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:10 pm

Rob, unless you have a crystal ball there is no way of knowing how DF would be doing right now either. What’s to say we wouldn’t be doing exactly the same under DF? After all, JD has only one less point from the corresponding fixtures than DF.

As I said before, the change in manager wasn’t the issue, the choice of manager was.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:27 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Rob, unless you have a crystal ball there is no way of knowing how DF would be doing right now either. What’s to say we wouldn’t be doing exactly the same under DF? After all, JD has only one less point from the corresponding fixtures than DF.

As I said before, the change in manager wasn’t the issue, the choice of manager was.

I'm with Rob on this issue. Sometimes we are too close to things to see clearly.

I have friends who support other teams, who thought it was madness to sack DF. They are now telling me that they were right in that assumption. It's not just the results they refer to , it's the sendings offs, the awful defending and how our fans are reacting.

Where would Lincoln be now if their chairman had taken the same course of action as JR?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum