{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Fanzone

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Fanzone

Postby Hon Sec » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:59 pm

All the moaning about today’s game, but what did people think about the Fanzone ?
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Fanzone

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:03 pm

Positive overall. Service slow however so lot of frustrated fans waiting to get a beer. Not sure how it will work in mid January
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:44 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:Positive overall. Service slow however so lot of frustrated fans waiting to get a beer. Not sure how it will work in mid January

They’re looking at something more solid for when the weather turns apparently
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:01 pm

Looked good to me. Can’t comment on slow service as I just popped inside and got a drink and there was no queuing.

Would like to see a permenant fixture outside in the future.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:03 pm

Fans would always want to spend the money if they had something really big to look into.

The sandy pate looks as if it’s going more posh so they’ll need to be a replacement.

If the club could build a sports bar on its own land I’m sure fans would be more than willing to spend my eg there
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:59 pm

It's getting there. Good atmosphere, enjoyed the music but that needs to be louder as you could only hear it near the bar.

Only thing that was frustrating was the 15 minute wait for a beer. Hopefully it gets quicker or fans will stay in town instead.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:39 am

15m to get a beer :shock: . I'd have supped a couple by that time in spoons and have change for a third. :D
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:28 am

Great addition, but strange at half time that i could be outside the stadium buying a pint as the second half kicked off.

The stewards then had problems wondering if they had to round everyone up and push them back inside.

Also i noticed people came from the upper tier, i am guessing I could then just wonder upstairs and sit somewhere else for the second half, even if i had brought a lower ticket for the game.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:36 am

BigGuy wrote:Great addition, but strange at half time that i could be outside the stadium buying a pint as the second half kicked off.

The stewards then had problems wondering if they had to round everyone up and push them back inside.

Also i noticed people came from the upper tier, i am guessing I could then just wonder upstairs and sit somewhere else for the second half, even if i had brought a lower ticket for the game.

No, two different hand stamps
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:42 am

Any truth that there is an ‘express lane’ for getting served with alcohol? Apparently neither Old Ram Stag or Forest Town Stag could find it when it was their rounds yesterday.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:49 am

I am Spartacus wrote:Any truth that there is an ‘express lane’ for getting served with alcohol? Apparently neither Old Ram Stag or Forest Town Stag could find it when it was their rounds yesterday.

Surely they wouldn't both get a round on the same day. If so did you mark it on the calendar ?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:55 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Any truth that there is an ‘express lane’ for getting served with alcohol? Apparently neither Old Ram Stag or Forest Town Stag could find it when it was their rounds yesterday.

Surely they wouldn't both get a round on the same day. If so did you mark it on the calendar ?

That would be known as the ‘Haley’s comet’ of drinking. I think a national holiday would be declared.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:48 am

I thought that the fan zone was great and it was nice to go outside the stadium and chat to fans at half time. I think Tina and Paul Broughton have more plans to improve it as well. Well done to all involved.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:34 pm

I did Infact use the express lane and purchase 2 pints. I did have a chat with Old Ram Stag who was excited to see Slipknot top of the charts, he had also purchased their new album although he doesn’t have a CD player!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum