{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Anti Demps abuse

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Anti Demps abuse

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:04 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Paul Cox also had his budget slashed to around £800,000 and was having to sign players for buttons who had very little league experience. If he had been able to sign quality players who suited his style of play then there is no reason why we couldn't have built a competitive side with Matt Rhead, John Akinde and Lucas Akins up front :lol:
The point about the limited budget Cox had is a good one.

We are told JD has a good budget and is able to sign two or three more players.

This is good provided he uses the money effectively.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:05 am

We have a long injury list. I think that buys some slack.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:05 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Hon Sec wrote:If he’s on the pitch I would always keep CJ up as he is fast, not sure about Danny, he can get his head in there in defence.

I agree about Danny. He is one of our best headers so I would bring him back for set pieces just like Paul Cox used to do with Matt Rhead.

I bore everyone around us at corners going on about Dave Artell's tactic of leaving 3 on the half way line when they defend a corner. We really didn't cope with that well at all.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:11 pm

bellwhiff wrote:We have a long injury list. I think that buys some slack.

It does. He now has a chance to rectify that by bringing in two or three new players.

He could well be judged on the effectiveness of that.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:20 pm

bigalstag wrote:Got to have something to get behind, not the stale,Murrayesque football that's being played, by whatever unfit team, this manager puts out.

Here,s a thought when I feel as bad about something ,or someone as you obviously do i try and wait a while ,(adamstag excluded ) to think why they are being so silly and cant comprehend my obviously superior knowledge ,then after ive done that i realise ,hey they may be right and i didn,t make myself look like a right pillock ,obviously its too late for this post ,but keep it in mind next time :mtfc:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:14 pm

From a few parents grumbling in youth team matches to managing professional players in front of 4,000 fans some paying £20+ is bound to be a more challenging role. But JD is not helping himself by summaries games with little reality to the actual game.

This week he commented on team fitness when the crowd can see the reality. Why do we have so many injuries so early in the season if the fitness coach was doing his job properly. Sack Daryl Taylor and bring in some one who can improve fitness without stressing the players. If you noticed Stevenage they spent time stretching and warming up properly and not five-a-side style games. After half time they had a warm up routine for their players Stags stood around waiting for the game to start.

I would still give JD time providing he manages his back room staff and gives an honest summary of the game afterwards.

Now they have the fan zone after the game have the guts to talk directly to fans good or bad.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby nick_stags » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:21 pm

sunray wrote:From a few parents grumbling in youth team matches to managing professional players in front of 4,000 fans some paying £20+ is bound to be a more challenging role. But JD is not helping himself by summaries games with little reality to the actual game.

This week he commented on team fitness when the crowd can see the reality. Why do we have so many injuries so early in the season if the fitness coach was doing his job properly. Sack Daryl Taylor and bring in some one who can improve fitness without stressing the players. If you noticed Stevenage they spent time stretching and warming up properly and not five-a-side style games. After half time they had a warm up routine for their players Stags stood around waiting for the game to start.

I would still give JD time providing he manages his back room staff and gives an honest summary of the game afterwards.

Now they have the fan zone after the game have the guts to talk directly to fans good or bad.

Fitness levels are fine, we were still going strong to the last minute yesterday.

As for the injuries, what a stupid comment. Pretty much all of them (barring Maynard) are impact injuries. How the chuff could a fitness coach prevent a sprained ankle or back spasm?

Moaning for the sake of it.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:06 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:We need to give JD some slack because of the injuries although a few fans said to me today that they could not understand why JR had appointed a rookie manager after spending a fortune on our playing squad and that it did not seem to make sense. It would have been better for him to spend his money trying to recruit someone like Ryan Lowe from Bury.

People seem to forget that Ryan Lowe was a rookie manager last season.
So we could appoint from within and promote our very successful youth team manager in the hope that he achieved the same, or we could gamble on bringing someone in with no affiliation to the club on the back of 1 good season with a budget that crippled a club ?
I know where my money would have gone if I was JR. ;)
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:11 pm

Stop talking sense Dave... you'll be accused of being a happy Clapper.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:40 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:We need to give JD some slack because of the injuries although a few fans said to me today that they could not understand why JR had appointed a rookie manager after spending a fortune on our playing squad and that it did not seem to make sense. It would have been better for him to spend his money trying to recruit someone like Ryan Lowe from Bury.

People seem to forget that Ryan Lowe was a rookie manager last season.
So we could appoint from within and promote our very successful youth team manager in the hope that he achieved the same, or we could gamble on bringing someone in with no affiliation to the club on the back of 1 good season with a budget that crippled a club ?
I know where my money would have gone if I was JR. ;)
JR has followed your preference by promoting the youth team manager. As for Ryan Lowe, his team have lost only one game so far, are second in the league, and had a three nil home win yesterday.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:12 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Got to have something to get behind, not the stale,Murrayesque football that's being played, by whatever unfit team, this manager puts out.

I don't remember Murray playing some of the football that Dempster is clearly trying to play. They are not getting it right and there is a long way to go but this is so wide of the mark. Look back at the video of Bennings miss against Morecambe with over a minute and a half of flowing football leading up to the chance. Yesterday, Macca should have scored after a fantastic move which was replicated several times but not enough.

Dempster is trying to do something different and is stymied by injuries, suspensions and, i suspect, lack of experience as a league manager but what you are projecting as truth is utter nonsense

Far too sensible and accurate for stagsnet, please remove yourself
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby nick_stags » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:50 pm

I don't remember Murray playing some of the football that Dempster is clearly trying to play. They are not getting it right and there is a long way to go but this is so wide of the mark. Look back at the video of Bennings miss against Morecambe with over a minute and a half of flowing football leading up to the chance. Yesterday, Macca should have scored after a fantastic move which was replicated several times but not enough.

Dempster is trying to do something different and is stymied by injuries, suspensions and, i suspect, lack of experience as a league manager but what you are projecting as truth is utter nonsense

Couldn't agree more.

Plenty to work on but it's obvious that JD has a style he wants to implement and there have been glimpses is some really nice team moves.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:37 pm

When the injured players come back and perhaps a couple of additions then you can judge him.It is a long season and there will be many a twist and turn.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:48 am

We have taken 3 more points from the teams we played last season.
We lost away Newport Carlisle and home to Stevenage.
At the end of the season I would take 3 more points than last season.
10 points behind automatic promotion at Xmas would give me hope.
:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:52 pm

It all takes a little time. Once injured players are coming back we will be fine imo. It’s better to come good later in the season than start well and stutter near the end!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Nutty Stag » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:06 am

It's nice of the club to give one of the Dempster critics his own photo on the fans gallery - I wonder if JD approved the use of the photograph.
:roll:
Nutty Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:28 am

Nutty Stag wrote:It's nice of the club to give one of the Dempster critics his own photo on the fans gallery - I wonder if JD approved the use of the photograph.
:roll:

He is in there twice. His most notable is the double thumbs up photo.....
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:46 am

nick_stags wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

Plenty to work on but it's obvious that JD has a style he wants to implement and there have been glimpses is some really nice team moves.

I'd actually say that has been one of the negatives so far. I have no idea what sort of football he wants to play. One minute we're passing it around the centre halves, next we're aiming long aimless punts at Rose.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:32 am

chip63 wrote:We have taken 3 more points from the teams we played last season.

Eh? 5 points gained not 3!!
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:41 am

smulls wrote:
chip63 wrote:We have taken 3 more points from the teams we played last season.

Eh? 5 points gained not 3!!

And don't forget we drew with Morecambe who we hammered last season. Talk about one eyed :D
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:49 pm

trenty wrote:Is the man with the double thumbs up called *** from Rainworth, looks a bit like him

Yep that's him. Although I thought he was well out of order, I'd probably edit the post so he's not named checked on here ;)
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:07 pm

I've removed the name of the person, I don't think it's fair to name someone who may not have the right of reply on here.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:50 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:I've removed the name of the person, I don't think it's fair to name someone who may not have the right of reply on here.

Too right. It’s pathetic!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:44 pm

Ringing endorsement is the attendance tonight. 3 men and a dog and Im one of the three.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby nick_stags » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:27 pm

bigalstag wrote:Ringing endorsement is the attendance tonight. 3 men and a dog and Im one of the three.

It's a crap trophy that no one cares about.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum