{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Anti Demps abuse

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Anti Demps abuse

Postby zygon2003 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:24 pm

Why did that chap stand up and have a go at Dempster near the dugout? Did us no favours. I'm glad it prompted the chants backing the manager
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Anti Demps abuse

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:30 pm

Because he’s a complete tool? Just a guess.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:41 pm

i guess because it’s frustrating & emotional this supporting the Stags passion we all have, some people just show it in different ways

never forget we all go because we are Stags fans
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:42 pm

See worst fans in L2 thread.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:46 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:i guess because it’s frustrating & emotional this supporting the Stags passion we all have, some people just show it in different ways

Yep. But abusing the manager when he’s trying to do his job is silly and counterproductive. If I was trying to do my job and someone started shouting at me and putting me off it wouldn’t help.

And people should get some perspective. We aren’t bottom of the league.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:08 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:i guess because it’s frustrating & emotional this supporting the Stags passion we all have, some people just show it in different ways

Yep. But abusing the manager when he’s trying to do his job is silly and counterproductive. If I was trying to do my job and someone started shouting at me and putting me off it wouldn’t help.

But we will be if this carries on....apart from Newport we haven't played a rated team yet. Be honest most of us are waiting for The Radfords to realise they've made a mistake so we can have some faith again . He got a bye today because the fans realised he didn't have a full hand but that won't last much longer.

By the way will someone explain to me what value is it that goalkeeping coach running up mid half to show JD a tablet screen?? Think he couldn't see what was happening ????
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:22 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:

But we will be if this carries on....apart from Newport we haven't played a rated team yet. Be honest most of us are waiting for The Radfords to realise they've made a mistake so we can have some faith again . He got a bye today because the fans realised he didn't have a full hand but that won't last much longer.

By the way will someone explain to me what value is it that goalkeeping coach running up mid half to show JD a tablet screen?? Think he couldn't see what was happening ????

We will be play offs minimum so just chill dipshit
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:24 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:

Carlisle at home is a tough gig but if I remember correctly, you didn't post on here after that fantastic win.
I think that Dempster got a bye because we had three shots cleared off the line and with a more clinical approach we would have won.
Most fans have a level head on this and realise that appointing Dempster (even without the injuries and suspensions) would mean a slow start with some bumps along the path. I don't think most fans would want our club to have to pay off a manager after 5 games and I don't think most fans would want our reputation as an employer to be tarnished by knee jerk reactions.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:25 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:

We will be play offs minimum so just chill dipshit

Cut the abuse Spanish. I hold a different opinion to you that's all.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:30 pm

There’s little point in having a go at the manager at the game but folk need to stop being such sensitive flowers on here - if folk wish to vent their annoyance - I’d rather them do it here than at the game.

It’s too early for some of the posts that’s a certainty for me personally - if others wish to post or think differently then that’s their prerogative.

The early signs are not entirely positive in honesty - but we didn’t start the season well we got promoted - who’s to say what’s down the line.

It’s curious that after all the millions Radford has spent on the team that a half crocked (still brilliant) player in Neil bishop remains our best midfielder.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:33 pm

Because some people are happy enough to be on the bandwagon when we are doing well. Yet once something doesn't go out way they soon jump off and claim they were never on it in the first place.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:55 pm

The World is full of people like that., could say more but would be ticked off by administration.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:09 pm

Moron how soon sat down when confronted

Absolute tool
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:11 pm

that doesn't wash with me. giving the manager abuse is not 'passionate'. I wasn't happy with the result but I managed to not scream and hurl abuse and swearing at our own players and managers.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:22 pm

Why do these cretins even follow a 4th div club,
They should just stay at home and watch Man City on the telly every week.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:25 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

that doesn't wash with me. giving the manager abuse is not 'passionate'. I wasn't happy with the result but I managed to not scream and hurl abuse and swearing at our own players and managers.

wash or not youth ‘some’ voice it very openly, we all support MTFC, i guess some others are more easy going, we all care, be honest we int in it for the glory now are we ? :lol:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:28 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

wash or not youth ‘some’ voice it very openly, we all support MTFC, i guess some others are more easy going, we all care, be honest we int in it for the glory now are we ? :lol:

of course we all care and want the club to do well, it doesn't help we've Ballsed up promotion 2 years in a row and some fans are frustrated but this is not dempsters fault and he should be given more time before the boo boys have their way.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:39 pm

Lots of disgruntled voices and a half hearted chant of 'you dont know what your doing' in the QlLE when he took Khan off. There isn't much patience or goodwill in the air at FM at the moment.

The abuse some give out is just mindless. Boo a decision or shout how useless something is by all means, but when some people just want to swear at the manger or a player with no point to it, it's just moronic and indefensible.

Hopefully Dempster has got thick skin. He'll need it.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:56 pm

I don’t get the abuse during a game.

I get it after the game in the pub, on a forum or at home over dinner but there is literally no point shouting abuse at 0-0.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:59 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:I don’t get the abuse during a game.

I get it after the game in the pub, on a forum or at home over dinner but there is literally no point shouting abuse at 0-0.

Agreed.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:01 pm

You pay your money say what you want. As long as not racist, homophobic or abusive then say what you like. Freedom of speech, you don’t like it tough ****.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:31 pm

I like Khan as a player but Sterling James produced more in the time he was on today.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:53 pm

Hon Sec wrote:I like Khan as a player but Sterling James produced more in the time he was on today.

Agreed, Khan flatters to deceive
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Admiral Sook » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:10 pm

I started watching The Stags in '84, the abuse of managers has been there all the time. The Stags legend George Foster was slaughtered as a manager. Even so, for some reason the 'modern' abuse seems more vociferous and nasty. Who'd want the job?
Admiral Sook
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:14 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:You pay your money say what you want. As long as not racist, homophobic or abusive then say what you like. Freedom of speech, you don’t like it tough ****.

imagine if fans channeled their energy in to getting behind the team for 90 minutes, it'd probably help make a difference.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum