{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Anti Demps abuse

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Anti Demps abuse

Postby bigalstag » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:52 pm

Would of thought with all the entertainment on offer, they would be queueing to get in.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:36 pm

bigalstag wrote:Would of thought with all the entertainment on offer, they would be queueing to get in.

Another example of bargaining. :lol:
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby NG17_stag » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:50 pm

James wrote:
nick_stags wrote:
georgefostersbeard wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Got to have something to get behind, not the stale,Murrayesque football that's being played, by whatever unfit team, this manager puts out.

I don't remember Murray playing some of the football that Dempster is clearly trying to play. They are not getting it right and there is a long way to go but this is so wide of the mark. Look back at the video of Bennings miss against Morecambe with over a minute and a half of flowing football leading up to the chance. Yesterday, Macca should have scored after a fantastic move which was replicated several times but not enough.

Dempster is trying to do something different and is stymied by injuries, suspensions and, i suspect, lack of experience as a league manager but what you are projecting as truth is utter nonsense

Couldn't agree more.

Plenty to work on but it's obvious that JD has a style he wants to implement and there have been glimpses is some really nice team moves.

I'd actually say that has been one of the negatives so far. I have no idea what sort of football he wants to play. One minute we're passing it around the centre halves, next we're aiming long aimless punts at Rose.

Agreed James. I would not be able to explain to a neutral what sort of side we are and what we’re trying to achieve. We’ve mixed a nice style of football with long balls to Rose many times already this season. We’ve also mixed 3-5-2 with 4-4-2 many times too. I suppose it gives us an unpredictability factor but it may also stop us going on a consistent winning streak if we don’t have a clear aim of how we want to play this season.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby nick_stags » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:07 pm

NG17_stag wrote:
James wrote:
nick_stags wrote:
bigalstag wrote:Got to have something to get behind, not the stale,Murrayesque football that's being played, by whatever unfit team, this manager puts out.

I don't remember Murray playing some of the football that Dempster is clearly trying to play. They are not getting it right and there is a long way to go but this is so wide of the mark. Look back at the video of Bennings miss against Morecambe with over a minute and a half of flowing football leading up to the chance. Yesterday, Macca should have scored after a fantastic move which was replicated several times but not enough.

Dempster is trying to do something different and is stymied by injuries, suspensions and, i suspect, lack of experience as a league manager but what you are projecting as truth is utter nonsense

Couldn't agree more.

Plenty to work on but it's obvious that JD has a style he wants to implement and there have been glimpses is some really nice team moves.

I'd actually say that has been one of the negatives so far. I have no idea what sort of football he wants to play. One minute we're passing it around the centre halves, next we're aiming long aimless punts at Rose.

Agreed James. I would not be able to explain to a neutral what sort of side we are and what we’re trying to achieve. We’ve mixed a nice style of football with long balls to Rose many times already this season. We’ve also mixed 3-5-2 with 4-4-2 many times too. I suppose it gives us an unpredictability factor but it may also stop us going on a consistent winning streak if we don’t have a clear aim of how we want to play this season.

Of course we have mixed styles, we're a league 2 side. There will always be times where a CB plays it long or hangs on to the ball for too long so panic clears it. It's only natural.

JD needs time to implement his style. 5 league games simply isn't enough.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:37 am

NG17_stag wrote:
James wrote:
nick_stags wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

Just to be devils advocate, we've often had problems in the past with not mixing up & yielding no result when a manager sticks to hoofball or intricate passing for the entire game. I guess your comment is perhaps aimed more at the frequency at which it happens rather than the event itself?

For me the occasional switch during play is fine for catching opponents out, but it can be a fine line when the current style seems to be creating chances
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum