{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stevenage thread sponsored by Stagsnet outage

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stevenage thread sponsored by Stagsnet outage

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:37 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Does anyone seriously think we will be anywhere near promotion this year with this team and this management team?

Nope. Mid table looms unfortunately on current showing.

Stevenage came for a point and got it so fair play to them.

I had to laugh at the pre-planned injury / water breaks though.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:37 pm

oldweststander wrote:Even in our current situation we should have won easily, Stevenage were very poor.

I know it was hot and for both sides but we looked washed out after an hour, do we train sufficiently hard?

What a load of absolute garbage as usual. If anything the last half an hour was our best spell of the game.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:38 pm

Jeez, if you are happy watching that, good luck to you, that is not a promotion chasing team at all.

Still, JD is fulfilling his second part of his job, bring the youth through. Granted not much choice today, but why does the home games have a pre-season feel to them.

Is this worth £25 ??
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sheffieldstag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:38 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:Does anyone seriously think we will be anywhere near promotion this year with this team and this management team?

do you ever not moan or whinge? okay not a perfect result today, or start to the season but you must be up there for the most negative supporter I've seen on these forums. All last season all you did was slate Flitcroft and the players, and now you do exactly the same this season. I'm not jumping for joy about things at the minute, but I'm not throwing my dummy out and slitting my wrists over it. Have some flipping balls and support the team for once, and don't give me that raspberries about having an opinion because all you do on here is whinge and moan like a child.

But in response to your question, yes I do when we can get a constant 11 out and get rid of these injuries.

Some people are just whingers and love a moan. They'll never change.
Sheffieldstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:45 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:46 pm

We had ten fit senior outfield players.

I wasn’t at the game but I listened to it and it sounded like we were unlucky to not to score. It also sounded like OSJ played well and the new right back bloke sounded OK too.

No bloopers from Conrad and a good save from him too.

5 points off the top and let’s go and get a result at Exeter. By then hopefully Maynard fit, Mellis more match fit and a new signing or two.

Knowles sounded lively too for the brief time he was on.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:46 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

do you ever not moan or whinge? okay not a perfect result today, or start to the season but you must be up there for the most negative supporter I've seen on these forums. All last season all you did was slate Flitcroft and the players, and now you do exactly the same this season. I'm not jumping for joy about things at the minute, but I'm not throwing my dummy out and slitting my wrists over it. Have some flipping balls and support the team for once, and don't give me that raspberries about having an opinion because all you do on here is whinge and moan like a child.

But in response to your question, yes I do when we can get a constant 11 out and get rid of these injuries.

Sorry pal. Feel a bit of a right in being annoyed when our fans pay the most expensive season tickets in the league only to be rewarded with a less than average team. I will follow your lead in future.
Great performance today lads, solid clean sheet against relegation fodder. 14th in the league now, will take that in May! :coys:
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:51 pm

Under the circumstances we did okay today & were unlucky not to win the game. Poor fare, but most people were blowing out their collective arses on the walk to the ground.

BTW who was the dimwit who decided to sit with the injured players & then hurl abuse at Mellis?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:52 pm

Under the circumstances we did okay today & were unlucky not to win the game. Poor fare, but most people were blowing out their collective arses on the walk to the ground.

BTW who was the dimwit who decided to sit with the injured players & then hurl abuse at Mellis?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:56 pm

I doubt there is any other team in L1 or L2 with the number of injured players that we’ve got.

Yes - I know that CJ isn't injured. But he may as well have been.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:59 pm

A cobbled together side that created enough to win it, yes we looked mid table but only cos it was just that, cobbled together.

And to the CJ post above, he laid two on a plate, not his fault Mac and Khan can't shoot
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:01 pm

I only listened on the commentary but I lost count of the number of times that a ball was played to CJ that he didn’t make or he ran into some sort of trouble. From what I’ve seen he’s a bloke that can run fast and doesn’t do a lot else.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby BigGuy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:06 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I doubt there is any other team in L1 or L2 with the number of injured players that we’ve got.

Apart from our opponents today who had 11.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:09 pm

Their keeper made 3 great saves in the 2nd half, and I bet Rosie doesn’t know how he didn’t score. Plus the ref gave us a free kick outside the box when it was clearly inside. Another day we could have won that 3-0.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:14 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:I only listened on the commentary but I lost count of the number of times that a ball was played to CJ that he didn’t make or he ran into some sort of trouble. From what I’ve seen he’s a bloke that can run fast and doesn’t do a lot else.

Our million £££ player according to some on here .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:18 pm

No atmosphere at the game...kind of tells you that the fans are resigned to put up what we are being given....I will just be pleased to avoid relegation based on what I've seen so far but I'm far from confident of that . Agree that Dempster couldn't have done much more today but he's the manager. ...for now....so it's down go him to iron out the problems one at a time and give us something to cheer about again.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:23 pm

Depleted but Youth playing, Defence looked better, Created more chances than usual.... its a poor league we can be there or there abouts no problem, just have to stay close while we're down to the bare bones.

Scunthorpe bottom now, can guarantee they will be nearer the top come May... similar story to Exeter being miles behind and rock bottom after 12 games and ending up in the play offs. Poor league, we've got a good team, no need to panic yet. Keep going boys COYS
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:24 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:I only listened on the commentary but I lost count of the number of times that a ball was played to CJ that he didn’t make or he ran into some sort of trouble. From what I’ve seen he’s a bloke that can run fast and doesn’t do a lot else.

Our million £££ player according to some on here .

I know you are being sarcastic but I’m with you I just don’t get that. Does something occasionally (eg great goal against Newport in the playoffs) but most of the time unbalances the team to accommodate him. Luxury player we don’t have space for, IMO.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby tmwilson » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:27 pm

Hon Sec wrote:Their keeper made 3 great saves in the 2nd half, and I bet Rosie doesn’t know how he didn’t score. Plus the ref gave us a free kick outside the box when it was clearly inside. Another day we could have won that 3-0.

100% agree
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:42 pm

Would have given Knowles more time on field personally Looks as if he can look after himself
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:27 pm

Thought we played well today ,lots missing but ok ,we never looked like losing,which for me was the main issue , still got faith
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:27 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:Would have given Knowles more time on field personally Looks as if he can look after himself

I agree
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:55 pm

We had the best of the game without ever really being that good. A few nice moves but possession wasted all too often and at times a lack of desire to press enough, we defended ok overall all be it not against much.

I though taking Khan off was the wrong decision. Mellis did ok. The lad Clarke struggled and bit, partly due to Macca abandoning him. Macca actually came good when he moved further up.

Poor game, poor result.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:59 pm

Disagree Jamie but that's opinions for you.

Clarke did well, a young lad on his full debut, how could he have done any better?

As for Khan, I and those around me thought he was poor again today, he must be better than he actually appears, has he got a better role he could play?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:10 pm

What was the deal with the free kick/pen. OSJ clearly took down in the box but then a free kick given on the edge of the box.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum