{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

White and Maynard

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

White and Maynard

Postby skegbystag » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:20 pm

Any updates on their injuries last night?
skegbystag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: White and Maynard

Postby The One » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:50 pm

How would we know?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:39 am

Spoke to Gordon yesterday. He was limping badly, some sort of back injury, he was hoping to be ok for the weekend.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:36 am

Kernow wrote:Spoke to Gordon yesterday. He was limping badly, some sort of back injury, he was hoping to be ok for the weekend.

He did get took out quite brutally on Tuesday night with challenges on the touch line when making attacking runs.
Not surprised he wasn’t more badly hurt.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:41 am

Not good news

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:41 am

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:42 am

Christ we are down to Rose upfront.

If Gordon or White don’t make it Saturday too :shock:
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:43 am

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:47 am

The bad news just keeps on coming.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:48 am

Conker wrote:Christ we are down to Rose upfront.

If Gordon or White don’t make it Saturday too :shock:

Omari?
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:53 am

Put your money on Stevenage for this Saturday
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:00 am

And there will still be fans calling for the managers head if we don't win.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:02 am

What are we doing to these guys in training?!
James
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:04 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:And there will still be fans calling for the managers head if we don't win.

Well, three of those players were injured or went down during the game and subsequently played on, so is that the medical staffs fault, the players or the managers? Bishop injured at Carlisle, played on. Maynard struggling on Tuesday, played on. White injured on Tuesday played on. Even Tomlinson in pre-season came back on when limping.

If we have so much faith in these young players why are we making injured pro's carry on when there are people on the bench?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:05 am

This isn’t fun. Not sure we’ll have a senior player on the bench on Saturday.

Also, again, I wish he’d now set his stall out and say we need bodies in as it’s pretty obvious we do to improve numbers and quality. It’s a bit concerning to me if ‘we might do business’ is the mindset as it’s clear we don’t have enough. Granted we don’t want players for the sake of it but there will be some good options out there that we need to be in for.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:08 am

We need to get CJ back in the team but not as a forward. Let's have him running down the left particularly towards the Quarry Lane End. Perhaps we will Danny Rose up front on his own with CJ and Otis Khan behind.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:10 am

James wrote:What are we doing to these guys in training?!

The very apparent lack of fitness + the shear amount of injuries we’re picking up doesn’t reflect well on our pre season/training regime at all.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:19 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:And there will still be fans calling for the managers head if we don't win.

Well, three of those players were injured or went down during the game and subsequently played on, so is that the medical staffs fault, the players or the managers? Bishop injured at Carlisle, played on. Maynard struggling on Tuesday, played on. White injured on Tuesday played on. Even Tomlinson in pre-season came back on when limping.

If we have so much faith in these young players why are we making injured pro's carry on when there are people on the bench?

Could it be that we had already used our substitutes?

Only the club truly know the level of injuries the team is carrying and I'm sure there are more than they are letting on. The fact that some players are carrying tweeks is not something you announce to the opposition is it.

Whilst I acknowledge that we shouldn't be bringing in players for the sake of it, I feel we do need to dip into the market while we still can as you quite rightly point out that players carrying on whilst injured is not a good idea.

My point is that the club is suffering an unprecedented run of injuries and other factors which can't be blamed on the manager. This also happened to Stuart Watkiss, we got rid and look what happened. Curle was allowed a much bigger budget which he wasted and dismantled one of the best teams we had had for years. I don't want that mistake repeating just because some fans need a scape goat when things get tough. I'm sure JD has the support of the players and let's not drive a wedge in.
Last edited by Sandy Pate Best Stag on Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:20 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Could it be that we had already used our substitutes?

Only the club truly know the level of injuries the team is carrying and I'm sure there are more than they are letting on. The fact that some players are carrying tweets is not something you announce to the opposition is it.

Whilst I acknowledge that we shouldn't be bringing in players for the sake of it, I feel we do need to dip into the market while we still can as you quite rightly point out that players carrying on whilst injured is not a good idea.

My point is that the club is suffering an unprecedented run of injuries and other factors which can't be blamed on the manager. This also happened to Stuart Watkiss, we got rid and look what happened. Curle was allowed a much bigger budget which he wasted and dismantled one of the best teams we had had for years. I don't want that mistake repeating just because some fans need a scape goat when things get tough. I'm sure JD has the support of the players and let's not drive a wedge in.

No, we had substitutes available in all four situations. And yes, the club has literally just announced that three players who could feature on Saturday are carrying knocks.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:31 am

So have you never heard the expression 'he's seeing if he can run it off'?

Players constantly pick up injuries in games but carry on. You don't change your game plan just to be sure the player is ok when it's not necessary.

Margins in games are very slim and points are easily lost to teams who aren't far behind in skill levels, divisions no longer have whipping boys who everyone beats.

As for your last comment , yes we have announced three injuries but what about the rest?
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:36 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:So have you never heard the expression 'he's seeing if he can run it off'?

Players constantly pick up injuries in games but carry on. You don't change your game plan just to be sure the player is ok when it's not necessary.

Margins in games are very slim and points are easily lost to teams who aren't far behind in skill levels, divisions no longer have whipping boys who everyone beats.

As for your last comment , yes we have announced three injuries but what about the rest?

Of course, but then you can't say that the manager is not to blame if he has asked the player to try and run it off.

Not sure what you mean by your last comment.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:44 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:So have you never heard the expression 'he's seeing if he can run it off'?

Of course, but then you can't say that the manager is not to blame if he has asked the player to try and run it off.

The manager got slated on here for taking Maynard off on Tuesday, it appears he can't win whatever he does and we can't have it both ways.

The last comment simply means we may have slight injuries within the squad that we aren't telling the world about, which I'm sure is the case.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:45 am

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
James wrote:What are we doing to these guys in training?!

The very apparent lack of fitness + the shear amount of injuries we’re picking up doesn’t reflect well on our pre season/training regime at all.

I am not sure it is very apparent, there is a perceived wisdom amongst some of the lynch mob on here that the players are not fit enough. This seems to have followed on from the comments about Logan and Cook.
A large amount of injuries we are picking seem to impact injuries - Cook landed awkwardly when he hit the bar against Morecambe, White hit late by an Orient player, Gordon was body checked several times and fouled repeatedly by Orient players, Bishop and Maynard have got injuries which could be down to their age or training methods or bad luck. Like you, i don't have a clue which is which.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:52 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

The manager got slated on here for taking Maynard off on Tuesday, it appears he can't win whatever he does and we can't have it both ways.

The last comment simply means we may have slight injuries within the squad that we aren't telling the world about, which I'm sure is the case.

Not by me he didn't. He was injured after about half an hour and was offering nothing.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Ridge » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:55 am

Nobody moaned when Beevers used to pop his dislocated shoulder back in and carry on!
Ridge
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum