{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

White and Maynard

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: White and Maynard

Postby The One » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:56 am

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
James wrote:What are we doing to these guys in training?!

The very apparent lack of fitness + the shear amount of injuries we’re picking up doesn’t reflect well on our pre season/training regime at all.

Agree. They have not looked fit since Portugal jolly up
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:05 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:So have you never heard the expression 'he's seeing if he can run it off'?

Players constantly pick up injuries in games but carry on. You don't change your game plan just to be sure the player is ok when it's not necessary.

Margins in games are very slim and points are easily lost to teams who aren't far behind in skill levels, divisions no longer have whipping boys who everyone beats.

As for your last comment , yes we have announced three injuries but what about the rest?

Of course, but then you can't say that the manager is not to blame if he has asked the player to try and run it off.

Not sure what you mean by your last comment.

The manager got slated on here for taking Maynard off on Tuesday, it appears he can't win whatever he does and we can't have it both ways.

The last comment simply means we may have slight injuries within the squad that we aren't telling the world about, which I'm sure is the case.

Not by me he didn't. He was injured after about half an hour and was offering nothing.

Heard before Carlisle that Maynard had felt a tweak.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:55 am

Should also be added that Khan could be leaving and Rose, who was attracting interest in the summer, will be even more in demand now.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:15 am

Preston available?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:30 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Should also be added that Khan could be leaving and Rose, who was attracting interest in the summer, will be even more in demand now.

Khan is not leaving fgs, that was in reference to last year not recently.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Chadman » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:31 am

Injury latest on White, Maynard and Gordon

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/n ... -1-9950419
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:44 am

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Should also be added that Khan could be leaving and Rose, who was attracting interest in the summer, will be even more in demand now.

Obviously I’m not saying he’s leaving but that quote reads as though it has been said this week.

‘I didn’t play much last year’ ...Doesn’t stack up if it was said last year as he played 49 times the previous season at Yeovil.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:47 am

Sounds to me likes he's said it to hopefully get off without a ban. That's all
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:49 am

Richard Cranium wrote:Sounds to me likes he's said it to hopefully get off without a ban. That's all

Agree, that was my initial thoughts.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:50 am

BH_Stag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

Obviously I’m not saying he’s leaving but that quote reads as though it has been said this week.

‘I didn’t play much last year’ ...Doesn’t stack up if it was said last year as he played 49 times the previous season at Yeovil.

It's also said in conjunction with having a huge effect on his employment, as he can't commute. The quotes aren't from April, they're from this year.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:09 pm

Don't see why we cant give the youth a chance for one game and Omari should be given a go and must play surely!!
If we lose 1 game so what..!!
If Rose gets crocked though this would get a bit daft.??????

How things can change from 4.45pm at Carlisle to now!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum