{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Steve Hymas

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Steve Hymas

Postby Jamie » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:21 pm

I thought we were now self sustainable?
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:37 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:John and Carolyn. Keep your Portugal property as a holiday home by all means, but pay your taxes like the rest of us and move back into your expensively refurbished mansion.
EdwinstoweStag wrote:John and Carolyn. Keep your Portugal property as a holiday home by all means, but pay your taxes like the rest of us and move back into your expensively refurbished mansion.

You absolute removed, just who do you think you are ?
Someone who gives themselves a nickname on a message board, that's who you are ? Cringeworthy !
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:02 pm

Why should they come back. Who in their right mind wouldn’t do the same. Paying less tax, living in a warmer, sunnier climate, where do I sign up!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:48 pm

2-0 up at home and end up losing. What does he want , the players to be applauded off?
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:06 pm

You don’t get to tell anyone how to live their lives.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:08 pm

stag324 wrote:

why? what difference would this make, apart maybe less money for the club.
the Radfords now fund the club directly as opposed to 1 call insurance.

also it has nothing to do with you. :!: :!: :!:

Unless proven otherwise, I doubt they find it directly. Why spend money they’ve paid tax on to fund the club?

They can use it as a business expense and lower their business tax. Zero sense in paying tax to get it out of one business to then push it into another
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby 1970Stag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:49 pm

Thing is we've had this said with the last few managers when negative comments are made at games, what those people have to realise is that it's a minority of people moaning and griping, and so to criticise everyone is daft and gets peoples backs up! Plus, when the owner/ceo comes out with smash this league, etc. etc. I guess it raises expectations, and so people are then more frustrated, because they were told we'd be promoted. And the other thing is, it's about keyboard warriors, if you dont like what they say, dont read it, so dont come on here. I avoid it like the plague every time we lose, because I know it will be doom and gloom and I dont need depressing any more than I already am!
As for the Radfords being in Portugal all the time, it's the summer holidays I guess, and maybe the kids boarding schools dont go back until mid october. I had to remove Carolyn from my facebook, because of her constant support for the local Tory MP. Tories just look after themselves, always have, always will.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:13 pm

You HAD to remove carolyn on facebook ,bet she was in bits
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:26 pm

She did ask me to add her back on, but I stood firm...
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:01 pm

How much money DO they need?

Come home. Pay your taxes!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:20 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:How much money DO they need?

Fool.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spanishstag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:50 pm

Yes pay all your money to keep the great unwashed on the dole or enjoy your life in a sunny climate ,doh
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:56 pm

Well im paying, 23 cents for a can of beer ,and i can neck a few so thats 3 euros a day
Plus a pizza at 2 euros ,but with chips ,thats 4euros ,they should piss it o a tenner a day jus sayin
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:34 pm

Good to know you’re enjoying the finest local cuisine spanishstag :lol:

As for the Radfords, it’s their life to live as they see fit.
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:48 pm

Im a bit of a boring brit type ,but hey ho we all need chips and beer even getting quite good at the language not bad for an old adonis :D
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:24 pm

1970Stag wrote:Thing is we've had this said with the last few managers when negative comments are made at games, what those people have to realise is that it's a minority of people moaning and griping, and so to criticise everyone is daft and gets peoples backs up! Plus, when the owner/ceo comes out with smash this league, etc. etc. I guess it raises expectations, and so people are then more frustrated, because they were told we'd be promoted. And the other thing is, it's about keyboard warriors, if you dont like what they say, dont read it, so dont come on here. I avoid it like the plague every time we lose, because I know it will be doom and gloom and I dont need depressing any more than I already am!
As for the Radfords being in Portugal all the time, it's the summer holidays I guess, and maybe the kids boarding schools dont go back until mid october. I had to remove Carolyn from my facebook, because of her constant support for the local Tory MP. Tories just look after themselves, always have, always will.

The last two years have shown they all look after themselves ( not just the Tories ) :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:42 pm

spanishstag wrote:

Well im paying, 23 cents for a can of beer ,and i can neck a few so thats 3 euros a day
Plus a pizza at 2 euros ,but with chips ,thats 4euros ,they should piss it o a tenner a day jus sayin

You had better save a bit for statins with that diet
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:48 pm

Jamie wrote:I thought we were now self sustainable?

Not since Steve Evans came
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:29 pm

I would rather be near self sustainable playing the odd youngster who’s come up through the youth system, than Bury, even if it meant biding our time in league two. Going gung-ho like Bury then not having a club is unthinkable to me.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:00 am

spanishstag wrote:Yes pay all your money to keep the great unwashed on the dole or enjoy your life in a sunny climate ,doh

Whilst not wishing to be controversial, I truly believe that our tax system is wrong when most of us get stung with PAYE, whilst others pay what they volunteer and hide and cheat their way to lower bills.

In respect of Spanish Stag's post, I would like to point out that no-one pays their money to keep the great unwashed. That money belongs to the government as it is what is owed in taxation.

If everyone paid what is due, taxation would not be the burden it currently is.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:31 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Yes pay all your money to keep the great unwashed on the dole or enjoy your life in a sunny climate ,doh

Whilst not wishing to be controversial, I truly believe that our tax system is wrong when most of us get stung with PAYE, whilst others pay what they volunteer and hide and cheat their way to lower bills.

In respect of Spanish Stag's post, I would like to point out that no-one pays their money to keep the great unwashed. That money belongs to the government as it is what is owed in taxation.

I did my thesis on the role of taxation.

In his most famous work, Anarchy, State, and Utopia (1974), Robert Nozick argued that income taxes are “on a par with forced labour,” because they force a “person to work X amount of hours for another's purpose and gain.”
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:41 am

If taxation wasn’t collected, and I mean every tax, income, council, value added, national insurance.

Society as we know it would not exist.

Is that what some people want?

Or you saying just income tax is evil.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:44 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:

In his most famous work, Anarchy, State, and Utopia (1974), Robert Nozick argued that income taxes are “on a par with forced labour,” because they force a “person to work X amount of hours for another's purpose and gain.”

You could certainly say that about NI, no problem! :lol:

If it's helping the club's coffers then i couldn't care less personally
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:52 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:

Nozick can argue all he wants, it doesn't mean he is correct. We all contribute (or should do) for the benefit of society and to pay for the things that are essential for a stable and civilised existence. Try independent living without those benefits and you would probably be dead in a couple of weeks, either murdered or from drinking polluted water.

The people are society so how can you be a slave to yourself?
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:23 pm

I think the thread is quite disrespectful to Steve. No one knows the in and outs of the situation when he parted ways to AFC, but the fact of the matter is, he is back and his putting his own cash into the club. He's used his own resources for the Woburn site as well as building Amber Grove for club funds and not personal gain.

Obviously, he has a vested interest in the Youth Team. It was/is his baby in terms of the club. Why wouldn't he want it to succeed? Surely we all do?

It seems to me that people cannot wait to stick the boot in as soon as they get a chance.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum