{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Steve Hymas

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Steve Hymas

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:08 pm

Just put this on Facebook. It applies to quite a few on here

MTFC .I decided to get involved with my local professional football club to give something back .I know the chairman feels the same and as a board we are doing all we can to try and lift the club as high as we can .Improving facilities year on year and trying every strategy we can to improve .
We are not after a pat on the back or sympathy but last night I felt really low .Not for the performance on the pitch but the way folk are turning on the club at the slightest stutter .
The club is going in the right direction so stick with us.
It’s not as easy as some might think and football can kick you right in the nuts at times and it hurts .
See you all on Saturday !
Up the stags !

Great message
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Re: Steve Hymas

Postby Hjeldefan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:28 pm

Because Steve Hymas has never turned his back on the club and the owners has he? :lol:
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:28 pm

The meltdowns folk have now are embarrassing. Never known a time or age like it. We only have to draw a match and folk want a manager gone or 5 in and 5 out of the team.

We could win our next 2 and then draw the third and no doubt it would be a meltdown again.

It got brought up in the “do we have worst fans” thread but you only have to see that stags fans page on FB or read comments on a John or Carolyn post and it is embarrassing.

When you think the work going from behind the scenes it must be so hard to read the bs people spout.
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:30 pm

This coming from the man who had a go at the clubs manager last season because he was 'freezing out' the youth players.

Give us a break Steve.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:38 pm

JR, Steve and the club are just victims of their own success. JR has spent serious money making the club genuine League 2 promotion contenders for the last two seasons compared to just trying to stay in League 2 with a very low budget of around £800,000 in 2014-2015. He has employed managers who have a record of success in winning promotion from League 2 which has never happened before whilst I have supported the Stags. JR has also often spoken of his ambition to take the Stags into The Championship so he has raised the bar considerably. Steve has also done a brilliant job with the new training ground at Pleasley and has put a lot of his own money and time into that project and the academy. Our average crowds have increased from around 2,000 in 2011 to nearly 5,000 last season. Expectations are high based on the last two seasons, playing budget, the players we have recruited and pundits tipping us for promotion or to even to win the league so understandably some fans will be frustrated by the appointment of a rookie manager and a slow start. It just goes with the territory in football. However it is a marathon and not a sprint and a win on Saturday will have everybody buzzing again. If things don't work out then I am sure JR will have a Plan B.

The comments by some fans on facebook are much worse than fans on here who are mainly just giving their honest opinions based on many years of watching the Stags/League 2 football. If some fans think we are not good enough then they are perfectly entitled to give their opinion because that is the whole point of a forum.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:03 pm

I swear the most vocal negative ones aren't real Stags. The type that until a few years ago their main team was the Sky Sports schedule and now refer to MTFC as "we" trapping you into conversations about a now apparently shared interest, talking loud, long and emphatic about their opinions about how our once decaying club (now the best run it has ever been) could and should be run better and how everything's actually rubbish and wrong. I have no time for these bandwagon day/week/year trippers. They are a cancer and their excessive social media negativity will excellerate the Radford's desire to just give it up and move on with their lives without Mansfield Town.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:23 pm

First rule in football Mr Hymns, don't antagonise the paying customer, you put your money in, we'll done, but so do we, week in week out.

To capitulate as the lads did against Orient showed either lack of application, lack of fitness or lack of quality midfield players or all three.

Get rid of the those players who make a mockery of the club whether they are full grown men or, as rumoured, under 18 players. Being out drinking until 3-4 am on a Friday morning is equivalent to putting two fingers up to our club.

I will never boo a player but I reserve the right to criticise after supporting MTFC for nearly 60 years and over that time putting my money in too.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:17 am

There is a level of entitlement around at the moment, I think it’s driven by the last few years of project promotion. I for one expect to beat Leyton Orient at home when 2 nil up at half time, that said I’ve tried to be constructive with my comments rather than being a total mardy raspberry.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:27 am

Are we sure Hymas wrote it? No spelling mistakes for a start.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tibby » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:34 am

Well it is simple. Folk will stop going to games and buying the crap merchandise and the club will be alot worse off.

Wonder if the hierarchy finds it acceptable that a few players look overweight a month into the season?
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:18 am

Hymas is so obsessed with the youth team it led to that bench Tuesday.

It’s clear as day JD has been appointed because he’s more of a yes man than the two previous managers.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:35 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:Hymas is so obsessed with the youth team it led to that bench Tuesday.

It’s clear as day JD has been appointed because he’s more of a yes man than the two previous managers.

How is it as clear as day?
Other than one post from Steve there is no evidence to back up your point
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:07 am

I’m more than happy to go down the youth route. It worked before. The only problem is it can take a while.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:18 am

S makes good points and yes after Tuesday the anger at losing such a game subsides a bit as week progresses and fans vent anger through these pages in frustration as we are all signed up to help Stags get up a notch
We know we won’t get promoted in August but those points from Tuesday may haunt us come April
Expectation is high at Stags and this comes from the top downwards and it’s been a poor start and to lose a game at home being 2 up is not acceptable and players need to sense this and these pages are the only way we can get that feeling over and guessing this does not sit well with some
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:21 am

Again, just look at some of the comments on here. Some of you just cannot help yourselves. You just can’t wait to stick the boot into players, owners, fellow supporters or the club in general. We should be extremely grateful to people like Steve & John & Carolyn for where the club is now & the quality of players we have & also the facility Field Mill has become.

Some of you seem to feel so entitled, but you’re still supporters, so bloody well support when the team needs it! The way some of you are with our players (they are human, they have feelings) is frankly pathetic & embarrassing.

I know we don’t particularly like Newport, but I so wish our support had their partisan attitude where they scream & shout for absolutely everything.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:45 am

TBS, grow up, smell the coffee, supporting the club is what we do, to accept disastrous performances such as the Orient game without as much as a critical comment is the way of the fool.

I don't know where the solution to clubs problems lie, is it the management, could it be some players have fitness issues, or is it just bad luck with ill discipline, suspensions and long term injuries?

Whatever the problems genuinely are they need solving quickly where possible, manager to harden up, some players to get fit enough for 90 mins football and any bad apples shown the door.

Also, I appreciate what the Radfords have done for the club I really do, but all this adoration by certain people is both embarrassing and silly. Whatever the Radfords have done is for the Radfords and we are with them and paying for the ride whilst the club still interests them.
Last edited by oldweststander on Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:02 am

There was 4000 home fans there on Tuesday night, something we've not seen for a long time. I think to say people are turning their backs is slightly disrespectful.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:48 am

oldweststander wrote:TBS, grow up, smell the coffee, supporting the club is what we do, to accept disastrous performances such as the Orient game without as much as a critical comment is the way of the fool.

I don't know where the solution to clubs problems lie, is it the management, could it be some players have fitness issues, or is it just bad luck with ill discipline, suspensions and long term injuries?

Whatever the problems genuinely are they need solving quickly where possible, manager to harden up, some players to get fit enough for 90 mins football and any bad apples shown the door.

Also, I appreciate what the Radfords have done for the club I really do, but all this adoration by certain people is both embarrassing and silly. Whatever the Radfords have done is for the Radfords and we are with them and paying for the ride whilst the club still interests them.

You're in for it now, Oldwaterstander as any criticism of the Messiah Radford is not usually tolerated on this site.
I would love to go back to having a club that did well because we recruited well without having to outbid our rivals, and had good management, rather than being a club that tries to buy success with embarrassing results. I would rather support a mid-table team with fair prices and a long-term child-friendly policy to draw in fans of the future (i.e. not where kids have to sit in in a small section of the coldest stand to get cheaper deals).
I know I'm in a minority but I feel the club has totally lost its soul, and sadly believe that the majority of fans would happily follow the Radfords off the edge of a cliff. Even if we reached the promised land of higher league football it would inevitable end in tears.
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Hjeldefan » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:02 am

FarnieStag wrote:
oldweststander wrote:TBS, grow up, smell the coffee, supporting the club is what we do, to accept disastrous performances such as the Orient game without as much as a critical comment is the way of the fool.

You're in for it now, Oldwaterstander as any criticism of the Messiah Radford is not usually tolerated on this site.
I would love to go back to having a club that did well because we recruited well without having to outbid our rivals, and had good management, rather than being a club that tries to buy success with embarrassing results. I would rather support a mid-table team with fair prices and a long-term child-friendly policy to draw in fans of the future (i.e. not where kids have to sit in in a small section of the coldest stand to get cheaper deals).
I know I'm in a minority but I feel the club has totally lost its soul, and sadly believe that the majority of fans would happily follow the Radfords off the edge of a cliff. Even if we reached the promised land of higher league football it would inevitable end in tears.

I actually agree with some of the sentiment here. We have so much to be grateful to JR for, and its brilliant to challenge at the top end of the table. However on a personal note I would prefer us to have a more sensible budget and not be one of the most expensive teams to follow in the league and not have cringey social media posts every other day. I will always be grateful to JR though and with the money he has put in, we take what we get I suppose as its better than 'doing a Bury'. The training ground and infrastructure JR has forked out for is brilliant also, and will always make him a legend in my eyes.
As for Steve Hymas post, the more I read it the more it winds me up. Top ticket prices and lengthy away trips already this season and we still got over 4000 there on tuesday. The fans are not 'turning against the club' they are frustrated that the team which are promotion favourites look a million miles away from that so far.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bigalstag » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:32 am

What the fans are most worried about , is the drop in standards, from the start of last season, to this.
Suspensions, for indiscipline sending offs, arguing between players, fitness especially, were not there last season.Couple that with the poor home displays, and you feel that there is definitely something wrong at the club.Whether the attitude of players has become lax due to weaker man management, is open to question.. We will find out in time.
What I would like to see , is. a proper selection process , the next time we appoint a manager, not what we had this time.
As for Mr Hymas, he is the only one allowed to have an opinion!
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:44 am

John and Carolyn. Keep your Portugal property as a holiday home by all means, but pay your taxes like the rest of us and move back into your expensively refurbished mansion.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:52 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:John and Carolyn. Keep your Portugal property as a holiday home by all means, but pay your taxes like the rest of us and move back into your expensively refurbished mansion.

why? what difference would this make, apart maybe less money for the club.
the Radfords now fund the club directly as opposed to 1 call insurance.

also it has nothing to do with you. :!: :!: :!:
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:52 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:John and Carolyn. Keep your Portugal property as a holiday home by all means, but pay your taxes like the rest of us and move back into your expensively refurbished mansion.

Pay your taxes instead of the wages for two strikers. :roll: :roll:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:05 pm

bloody hell you cant compare living in the uk to living a wonderful life in a warm sunny climate where the living is easy and lifestyle is so far removed from the drudgery that you were used to,I dont think many would return to it once they have adapted i know i certainly would not want to and im just a working class bloke who lives a life that i never thought possible
People should be careful ,because if they get fed up with the critics ,and they seem to be increasing ,who else is going to fund a lower tier club like ours :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:10 pm

part time pete wrote:

Pay your taxes instead of the wages for two strikers. :roll: :roll:

you couldn’t make it up if you tried Pete could you :lol:

this is the income they use to prop us up
ES
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum